Am I the Only One who Prefers a Single Coil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Will look at the Achilles and the others mentioned. Thanks PapawBrett and Bronze for your help regarding single coil atty's. Did build 2 goblin mini's in single coil last night, which turned out well. Perhaps a twisted 32ga. Kanthal will work nice. I do like the vape and flavor from the g.mini as it has been my go to for the last week or more.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Will look at the Achilles and the others mentioned. Thanks PapawBrett and Bronze for your help regarding single coil atty's. Did build 2 goblin mini's in single coil last night, which turned out well. Perhaps a twisted 32ga. Kanthal will work nice. I do like the vape and flavor from the g.mini as it has been my go to for the last week or more.

I think I remember that you like a good bit of airflow -- if so, you may not be very happy with the Achilles -- it's a *very tight* draw, even with the "whistle screw" removed. But if a tight draw doesn't bother you, then yeah, it's an outstanding vape! The tight draw, and consequent low wattage, makes it VERY conservative on ejuice -- I put 2.5ml in it Sunday before we went to visit my mom in the hospital, and I didn't have to add anymore the rest of the day -- I finally remembered to check it yesterday morning, and the bottom of the well was showing, but still somewhat moist.

Andria

Reactions: davevape55

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Thanks AndriaD. I have been adjusting to straight lung hits and a more open airflow. Been doing so for a month now. Won't ever be a cloud chaser, but giving my old pals the idea that I am (lol). Course most of them don't vape.

Think you'd probably be happier with that "Mini Drip" or "Micro Drip" then... I don't think they're terribly expensive either, just a little more than the Achilles, I think. At some point I might try out the Mini Drip, though I always worry that I won't be able to close down the airflow enough; I *love* a really tight draw, for MtL vaping.

Andria

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
Hey folks. I think im going to jump on this single coil band wagon. I usually only run single coils in my subtank minis, but recently have started running a single .75 ohm 26/32 kanthal Clapton in my freak show mini (not the broadcap as i have found the flavor is better with the standard top)
2015-12-24 21.51.18.jpg
and im loving it. Lots of flavor in a tiny little atty. I top my evic mini with it and its a great all day mini drip rig.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Hey folks. I think im going to jump on this single coil band wagon. I usually only run single coils in my subtank minis, but recently have started running a single .75 ohm 26/32 kanthal Clapton in my freak show mini (not the broadcap as i have found the flavor is better with the standard top) View attachment 517496 and im loving it. Lots of flavor in a tiny little atty. I top my evic mini with it and its a great all day mini drip rig.
Yes, I agree. Would like to see a single coil deck for my g.mini's with capability to build a clapton with 3.0-3.5mm inside disameter. Just not possible with this atty. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas

Reactions: PapawBrett

Ardvaark1

Moved On
Dec 25, 2015
In reply to the OP, I'm actually anti-cloud BIG TIME! I can't help thinking about how fast we lost our vaping rights most likely due to them in part. If, in the beginning, we all would have never showed any vapor at all when vaping I bet they would have left us alone and not done anything to us realizing that ALL THE VAPOR WAS ABSORBED IN OUR LUNGS, NOT IN THE AREA AROUND OTHER PEOPLE!! Face it, its true, not like you CCers even give a ....! Damnit! I can't even stealth vape in most places anymore. Had a Walmart worker walk by me and tell me vaping is not allowed!! In Walmart!! Are you kidding me?! There has to be a way of legally differentiating ourselves from the Cockroach CC cancer. I always hated seeing the cigarette smoke the worst and was quite pleased when I found how quickly the vapor was absorbed by my lungs and not have to exhale any smoke or clouds. So, I never have and am always conscientious and considerate enough not to. Brilliant, I thought! I could vape anywhere! But then again I have always been careful about not wanting to draw attention to myself or needing attention or wanting to impress people around me due to my low self-esteem. Stealth is the key. I too am an ex pack a day camel non-filter smoker. I knew I would never stop smoking and it would probably kill me eventually. My wife played a big part in me quitting though, it really hurt her, which in turned hurt me, I wanted to quit more than anything. One day while I was bored, at the local cig's R us store, picking up my carton of smokes for the week, just for a joke I bought some off brand generic electronic cigarette. Tried them and found I was able to do without, just barely, the 3,999 other addictive substances and chemicals in cigarettes and just get away with doing good 'ol Nico! That was November 12, 2012. Have not touched a cigarette since. First 6 months the thought crossed my mind to have one, but I just didn't. Today, I have no cravings for cigarettes at all. However, I vape all day long @ 12mg. Usually 4 - 7ml day.
Anyway, keep up the good fight to get our rights back, keep your vapor to yourself.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
In reply to the OP, I'm actually anti-cloud BIG TIME! I can't help thinking about how fast we lost our vaping rights most likely due to them in part. If, in the beginning, we all would have never showed any vapor at all when vaping I bet they would have left us alone and not done anything to us realizing that ALL THE VAPOR WAS ABSORBED IN OUR LUNGS, NOT IN THE AREA AROUND OTHER PEOPLE!! Face it, its true, not like you CCers even give a ....! Damnit! I can't even stealth vape in most places anymore. Had a Walmart worker walk by me and tell me vaping is not allowed!! In Walmart!! Are you kidding me?! There has to be a way of legally differentiating ourselves from the Cockroach CC cancer. I always hated seeing the cigarette smoke the worst and was quite pleased when I found how quickly the vapor was absorbed by my lungs and not have to exhale any smoke or clouds. So, I never have and am always conscientious and considerate enough not to. Brilliant, I thought! I could vape anywhere! But then again I have always been careful about not wanting to draw attention to myself or needing attention or wanting to impress people around me due to my low self-esteem. Stealth is the key. I too am an ex pack a day camel non-filter smoker. I knew I would never stop smoking and it would probably kill me eventually. My wife played a big part in me quitting though, it really hurt her, which in turned hurt me, I wanted to quit more than anything. One day while I was bored, at the local cig's R us store, picking up my carton of smokes for the week, just for a joke I bought some off brand generic electronic cigarette. Tried them and found I was able to do without, just barely, the 3,999 other addictive substances and chemicals in cigarettes and just get away with doing good 'ol Nico! That was November 12, 2012. Have not touched a cigarette since. First 6 months the thought crossed my mind to have one, but I just didn't. Today, I have no cravings for cigarettes at all. However, I vape all day long @ 12mg. Usually 4 - 7ml day.
Anyway, keep up the good fight to get our rights back, keep your vapor to yourself.
All true. I myself had 40 plus years and agree with everything you said. I wanted to try something I havent yet, just for Sh$Gi's. I love building atty's and trying something new. I however cannot take a huge lung hit. It's just not possible today, for me. But my background as a mech.tech in my 20's and 30's has me interested in what's going on today with ecig. technology. To me it's fun, and it's somewhat a hobby. Thanks for sharing and your message was received with great appreciation. Have a good night and happy holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread