Am I too damn picky? Ejuice Post from a NOOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been vaping for over a month now. Quit smoking completely ever since my first vape on March 14, 2014. (My boss was kind enough to let me borrow his extra vaping device until I got my first paycheck and got my own, an Innokin iTaste SVD Starter Kit. Hated the iclear 30 and now have a KangerTech Protank 3 which I really like, no leaking, no eating ejuice, and VERY RARELY a tiny bit of flooding, like 0.05% of the time)

I have sat down at my local vape shop at least 3 times now trying different juices until I am literally head rushed from their 6mg nicotine flavors.

I have probably tried 100-200 flavors as of this post, but have only found 2, yes, TWO go to flavors that I can vape constantly and actually like.

A lot of times I THINK I found a new flavor till I get home and vape it for a half hour then realize it's not as good as I thought it was.

The two flavors I really like are..... drum roll please......

Banana Strawberry by Sweet Southern Vapes and Pink Starburst by eLiqCube.

After at least 100 flavors, shouldn't I have found more flavors I like?! Most are either too perfumey, too strong, or too weak... it seems so rare for an eJuice to be JUST RIGHT... AHHHHHHH

So tell me, is SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME?!?!

Nope. You like what you like. Taste is subjective. You can order from an online vendor, but the risk involved is you don't like the flavor you ordered, and you're out a few bucks. But, like me, I gave some of those juices to some of my new converts, so I was able to pay it forward.

HAHAH! Nothing like having good friends to swap out eJuices you don't like, right?!

My boss at work and I have started trading each other eJuices that we don't like with each other. It's actually kind of fun and gives us something to look forward to.

I hear there are some sites that have awesome sample packs of eJuices. Can some of you throw me some links to some reputable vape shops that have nice sample packs where I can order online with a debit card?

Payday is right around the corner... <smirk>

Last edited:

JaxMike

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Jacksonville FL
"Perfumey" is usually a sign that the juice needs steeping (or aging). That flavor/smell often goes away with time (sometimes a couple of weeks). I would think that your shop is using steeped juice for the sample bar, but I have run into shops where everything was horrible because they didn't steep their juice before putting it out.

Just a thought... generally I agree; finding the right juice is the toughest part of vaping. Good luck.

I stick to the tobacco flavors. Just can't take any others.

You must have been a TRUE smoker.

I personally hated smoking cigs, the taste was only good after I ate food really, so when I found out that I could vape all kinds of wonderful flavors that taste like fruits, deserts, etc, I was so excited!

I guess I never really was a true smoker. I had started smoking cigs 20 years ago because I used to dip Kodiak, and it was beginning to eat a hole in my gums, so the only way I could quit was to move to another alternative with nicotine... smoking cigarettes.

You'd think after 20 years, I'd have actually liked smoking cigs, but I honestly can say I hated it. I just couldn't find the willpower to completely quit, even tried the patch a few times, nothing worked.

After switching to vaping, it has been so incredibly easy for me to switch and not look back. Even though I only have 2 go to flavors right now, they sure are yummy! I can't wait till I find a few more I really enjoy so I can then load up 4 or 5 tanks to take to work and easily switch when I get tired of one.

I'm going to suggest Highbrow, Vapor Chef, Good Life, Alice in Vapeland. I know they all have samplers or very small sizes. I have other favorites, but they don't do samples :(

Thank you so much, tmrr! I have added all of these to my favorites so I can buy some sample packs come payday.

More legit online shops that sell sample packs that you have personally purchased from and used are welcome! I am hoping to avoid the "baddies" this way. Only refer/suggest online shops you have had positive dealings with, please and thank you!

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
Sounds like you like fruit candy type flavors, me too. Something you can try for ones that are too strong is to get a small bottle of unflavored e juice in the PG/VG ration with the nic strength you like. Then you can add a little if you get something that is a little strong. You can also get sweetener or just a very sweet juice like marshmallow or cotton candy, if something is too tart add some or sometimes I find if I sweeten some juices it seems to bring the flavor out. I would suggest getting a couple of samplers with flavors along your tastes, some unflavored, and something sweet. Then go out on a limb and get another sampler with things that are iffy to you. I've only had a few flavors that I just absolutely could not vape, and they all seem to be some sort of coffee flavor, and that in it self is rough on me, I love my coffee. I drink too much I'm sure. Make sure to steep new juices for at least a week or two, or let me know and I'll PM you some instructions for speed steeping. A good place to look at the sampler is Lucky 7. The prices are great, it takes a few more days to get the order, but Chris is great to deal with and very honest. I'll include a link for you.
E Juice

Remember the juices you don't like save them for when you get Vapors tongue, it won't matter what they taste like.

Kristin0624

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Bradenton, Florida, United States
I would definitely highly recommend moon mountain vapors. anyone I sent that way has found at least one that they love to vape. they've got a good selection and they've got sample packs. I'm not sure if you'd be into absinthe but there's a very smooth one there that is my all day vape with a fruity undertone.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
I find that if you were a long time smoker, flavors are different to us than others. I have had flavors others raved about and I go no big deal. Of course my taste buds are shot and their were not. I have finally found some that I like and taste but after awhile, I have to go to another flavor. I quess I vape like I smoked. alot!!!!
Don't give up!!! I find that some mild flavors do better in a plastic clearo while they suck in a glass one. I also have old 808D1's that I use for the not too good flavors and they make them better and so I don't waste the juices. and yes, I have tons of yuckie flavors that I give to others and they love them. again, dead taste buds from smoking 50+ years.
Good luck searching for that OMG Flavor. I finally found one and a surprising one at that. A lemon drop cake and I hate lemon ,so go figure....

Sounds like you like fruit candy type flavors, me too. Something you can try for ones that are too strong is to get a small bottle of unflavored e juice in the PG/VG ration with the nic strength you like. Then you can add a little if you get something that is a little strong. You can also get sweetener or just a very sweet juice like marshmallow or cotton candy, if something is too tart add some or sometimes I find if I sweeten some juices it seems to bring the flavor out. I would suggest getting a couple of samplers with flavors along your tastes, some unflavored, and something sweet. Then go out on a limb and get another sampler with things that are iffy to you. I've only had a few flavors that I just absolutely could not vape, and they all seem to be some sort of coffee flavor, and that in it self is rough on me, I love my coffee. I drink too much I'm sure. Make sure to steep new juices for at least a week or two, or let me know and I'll PM you some instructions for speed steeping. A good place to look at the sampler is Lucky 7. The prices are great, it takes a few more days to get the order, but Chris is great to deal with and very honest. I'll include a link for you.
E Juice

Remember the juices you don't like save them for when you get Vapors tongue, it won't matter what they taste like.

Great idea! Someone at my local vape shop mentioned this. They even sell the PG/VG(not sure exactly which one or if they sell both) in a big bottle at my local Walmart!

Thank you for Lucky 7! Added to my favorites.

Also, thank you, Kristin0624, for Moon Mountain vapors. Added to favorites as well.

Last edited:
Good luck searching for that OMG Flavor. I finally found one and a surprising one at that. A lemon drop cake and I hate lemon ,so go figure....

Thanks, Tick. Funny you say that about Lemon cake and hating lemon. I actually like Key Lime Coconut and I absolutely hate coconuts!

Guess it's more of the texture than the taste!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Another vote for HHV here, also try goodlife vapor, mt baker vapor is decent and cheap but they don't do samples(15ml is $5). Also, hang on to your juice and try it again in a few weeks, fresh juice will change over time as will your taste buds as they regenerate after quitting smoking.

edit: fixed spelling of mt. baker vapor

Last edited:

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
ELiquid Samples has 1 ml samples from a few different vendors. Just enough to put in a tank to see if you like it. We also like Mt. Baker Vapor - some flavors are good out of the mailbox, others need to steep. They make it fresh when you order. Vapor Bomb also makes the juice when you order it. Again, some flavors taste better after steeping, quite a few we got from them were good out of the mailbox. The Vapor Room also has a few flavors that we like, but most of what we have tried from them need to be steeped. Good luck in your quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread