Am I unusual ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
The cigarette addiction is about 1% physical addiction... and 99% psychological addiction. If you were still unhappy about quitting 20 yrs after quitting, then you still have the psychological addiction, and guess what, that is the part that e-cigs handle best.

Don't listen to those who want to rain on your parade, even about the nicotine -- nicotine is really not all that addictive, but it does have some profound mental-acuity benefits. So enjoy it!

vape on! :vapor:
Andria
Nicotine is highly addictive. I quit smoking using Snus. The only reason I switched to vaping. The PACT Act blocked online sales of snus. Then the prices went sky high due to taxes, and shipping. I've managed to quit all my other addictions except for nicotine.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Nicotine is highly addictive. I quit smoking using Snus. The only reason I switched to vaping. The PACT Act blocked online sales of snus. Then the prices went sky high due to taxes, and shipping. I've managed to quit all my other addictions except for nicotine.

You need to talk to rolygate about that, or maybe Dr Farsalinos. According to them, it's not.

Andria

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You need to talk to rolygate about that, or maybe Dr Farsalinos. According to them, it's not.
I respect the heck out of Rolygate, but I believe there are always exceptions.

I have a buddy who somehow smoked 3 - 4 packs a day. He's been vaping for a few years now. He's currently using 12 - 18 mg nicotine on rebuildable drippers, and still sneaks a cigarette or two a day into his routine. He says he's tried to cut his nicotine level, but as yet has been unable to.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi I say as long as vaping does not lead you somehow back into smoking, what your doing is perfectly fine. I think of vaping as a way to get my nicotine without smoking cigarettes. I'm not going to get into the argument of weather or not nicotine is addictive. I do however think it is. That said vaping as far as I know is a much safer alternative to a nicotine delivery system. We are not getting the tar and other toxic chemicals in our vape that smoking has and that has to be better for you..I make my own e liquid so I know and control EXACTLY what goes into it. I personally vape 24 mg nicotine , higher than most I know, but for me, it's where I'm comfortable at right now. In the future I may or may not reduce my nicotine. For now, it keeps me content and I don't have to smoke. You having been nicotine free for so long then using it again is a personal choice. As long as it does not lead you to smoking again I think it's ok. Just remember it is likely addictive (some argue different). As long as your not smoking again, your a adult and can make the choice to use nicotine again if you want. At least it's healthier than smoking again. I say enjoy your vape. However you like it! Just stay away from the cigarette! Welcome to the forum and vape on!!

This is very interesting, my wife quit smoking several years ago. I was unable to do it. Every time I got to no nicotine(lozenges, gum, patches) I would start to lose it. Become an emotional wreck. So I started to try the e-cig thing. At first using the look-a-likes. They were worthless(for me) and I went back to the real thing. I was complaining about the usefulness of the stick style e-cigs to my tobacco shop guy when he referred me to one of the local vape stores. I headed down there right away and bought my first mod (MVP) and tank (carto) set up. That was a few months ago and several hundred dollars...LOL

Anyway the point to my rambling is that I think we often forget the self medication aspect of the powerful drug nicotine. One night after I was vaping for a month or so my wife was getting ready for work and she was all frazzled and running around like a chicken with her head cut off so I half jokingly held out my e-cig and said hit this and calm down. Surprisingly she did, and even more surprising was the IMMEDIATE effect it had on her. She calmed down and was able to finish getting ready and left for work. Needless to say she now has her own e-cig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread