Am I a weird-O ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
It does seem like when people vape really low nic, they seem to vape gallons of the stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :laugh:
Don't throw rocks, just an observation.

I do vape gallons (lol) But I vaped gallons when I did higher nic levels . So if I'm gonna vape gallons ( again I am a weird'o and that's how some of us weird'o's <sp?> are ) i feel I should really try to stay at the lowest nic level possible . It was a surprise that lowering the nic level didn't cause me more anguish . I expected to be even weirder or .....yer then normal but nope , I wasn't .. :ohmy:

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
I smoked over two packs of cigarettes a day for over 20 years . - I know , crazy right? 8-o- So now I haven't "smoked" in over a year and use e-cigarettes exclusively. I had tried to quit before , chantix , patches , gums , heck I even got hypnotized once . I just couldn't seem to quit . I was hooked with a capital H ! So you can imagine my delightful shock when transitioning from regular ole'-cigs to e-cigs was actually pretty easy , for me. HERE is the part that has me wondering if I'm weird or at least , not the average e-cig user. I now vape mostly zero nic. I enjoy vaping and basically vape constantly . I suppose I must have a super oral fixation :oops: ? Anyway when I read other peoples reports about their experience with vaping I'm sorta shocked by how much nicotine most use. So am I completely an odd ball ? Is there anyone else who has found that nicotine was probably not their big addiction as much as all the rituals and so forth ? I did start with super high nic levels but it made me nausea's so I stepped down quickly. Mostly vaping zero now , but sometimes I'll do a little 6/8mg . Works for me , I wonder if SOME folks would also be okay w/less nicotine and they just don't realize it.

Well thanks for reading my rambling wonderings :laugh:

Hi Kenzi. I am very similar to you. I honestly can't tell any difference between 36 mg juice and 12 mg juice. Both seem to satisfy the same thing for me. You're not so weird after all.

Nicnac71

Nov 2, 2011
Pawtucket RI
I was a PAD for 24 yrs.... Started at 24 mg, now I float between 24 and 18. I did just order some 12 and 9 last night. I'm not sure if I will be able to " step" down though.... Every time I would quit on the patch when I would step down from 21 to 14 is when I would go back to smoking,*sigh* I'm ok with having a e cig for the rest of my life lol.Everyone is different...

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
I dont think youre weird at all!! I think im like you with the oral fixation lol. I smoked a pack to pack and a half a day for nearly 30 years. I started at 18 mg, but really did not feel that i needed that much and didnt want to get too much because I vape a lot. Ive only been vaping a couple of months and i am down to using pretty much exclusively 6 mg to 0 mg nic all the time. It was pretty painless to go down too!

chevelle

ECF Veteran
If you are weird then I'm right there with 'ya! Been vaping 0mg nic for over 4 months now. Worked my way down from 18mg over a 5 month period. I do tend to use more liquid nowadays. Two main reasons for this - 1. I know there is no nicotine in there so no chance of ODing and 2. I make my own juice so its darn near free with no nic liquid to buy anymore. I can vape for days for about 25 cents worth of liquid. It tastes great and is quite soothing to boot... So put me down in the Oral Fixation column also.

BTW, Once my nic level was 9mg and below, there was not much noticeable difference between that and zero nic to me. Knew it was time to just stick with 0.

Last edited:

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
So glad there do exist others similar in their vaping /oral fixation , as me :laugh: .

I was really sorta hoping to be a weirdo' , just sounds fun to me ,maybe even a bit rebellious?

I think it's interesting that some smoked a pack or so a day and are at high nic levels and some smoked much more are at lower nicotine levels etc..There doesn't seem to be a strict rule (or reasoning) :confused: that I can see anyway. I wonder if big pharma hasn't hammered "stepping down is hard" and nicotine is Sooo addictive into our thinking? Then again maybe not , maybe we just all have our own "thing" . I wonder though , afterall there are tons of other addictive chemicals in cigarettes. I think that's the stuff I had a hard time dropping, since once I got rid of the cigarettes for a few weeks, the vaping did a pretty good job of satisfying me . I still have occasional cravings but truthfully even if at that moment If I vape say 6-12mg it still all feels the same to me :?:. I really thought that since I smoked so damn heavy I would need super high nicotine.

I do wish I could knock back on the continuous vaping though . It's a bit much to vape constantly and I think my dear hub's is not so liking it ( he still smokes (gasp!!) ) He has agreed to make me a nice wood organizer /keeper of all things electronic and vaping . I can not wait !! I want removable trays to carry around the home and holes that help to hold things upright and at attention awaiting me :p When it's all done I will post a picture !! Can't wait.

Thanks everyone for replies ! And am so glad to meet new vaporers and weirdo's alike !!:toast:

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
I've been surprised to find I didn't need very much nicotine, 10 mg/ml is ample after vaping a year. It didn't occur to me sooner. I love vaping, and I generally chain-vape. But if I get busy with something, I often just FORGET to vape. That's a good sign I think. My wife quit smokes and needed 30 mg/ml for only about 3 weeks, now she's down to 10 and an occasional hit on a 24.

Then I noticed that I didn't taste any difference, after adjustment, between chronic use of say 8% and 16 % flavoring. 8% is like 20 drops in 10 ml, 16% is 40 drops.

There are exceptions, and that's to be expected, but I believe a majority of vapers can painlessly, over time, lower both the amount of nicotine and the amount of flavoring they use.

Nothing wrong with nicotine, really. It has benefits. It's not at all the demon that it's been portrayed as by association with cigarettes. But it has side effects, like constricting peripheral blood vessels. So just keeping it as low as is sufficient but not more is likely beneficial and smart long term. People who can't go below 24 mg/ml, for instance, shouldn't worry about it, they likely need it, and would be worse off stressing than just letting it be.

As to flavoring, THAT's the big unknown. We know nothing about the inhalation toxicity of most flavoring compounds. So why take such a huge chance as to vape, as some people do, 20, 30 and even 40% flavoring? After a while, past a certain point you can't taste anyway. And whoever said a vape has to taste like a candy bar?

Maybe we need a slogan. 10/10/10!
10 mg/ml nicotine, 10% flavoring as target amounts ? And it's cheaper. How about $10 a month for juice? 10/10/10?

Last edited:

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
I've been surprised to find I didn't need very much nicotine, 10 mg/ml is ample after vaping a year. It didn't occur to me sooner. I love vaping, and I generally chain-vape. But if I get busy with something, I often just FORGET to vape. That's a good sign I think. My wife quit smokes and needed 30 mg/ml for only about 3 weeks, now she's down to 10 and an occasional hit on a 24.

Then I noticed that I didn't taste any difference, after adjustment, between chronic use of say 8% and 16 % flavoring. 8% is like 20 drops in 10 ml, 16% is 40 drops.

There are exceptions, and that's to be expected, but I believe a majority of vapers can painlessly, over time, lower both the amount of nicotine and the amount of flavoring they use.

Nothing wrong with nicotine, really. It has benefits. It's not at all the demon that it's been portrayed as by association with cigarettes. But it has side effects, like constricting peripheral blood vessels. So just keeping it as low as is sufficient but not more is likely beneficial and smart long term. People who can't go below 24 mg/ml, for instance, shouldn't worry about it, they likely need it, and would be worse off stressing than just letting it be.

As to flavoring, THAT's the big unknown. We know nothing about the inhalation toxicity of most flavoring compounds. So why take such a huge chance as to vape, as some people do, 20, 30 and even 40% flavoring? After a while, past a certain point you can't taste anyway. And whoever said a vape has to taste like a candy bar?

Maybe we need a slogan. 10/10/10!
10 mg/ml nicotine, 10% flavoring as target amounts ? And it's cheaper. How about $10 a month for juice? 10/10/10?

Ya know , I have no idea how much flavoring is in mine ? I don't mix it so idk..

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
Ya know , I have no idea how much flavoring is in mine ? I don't mix it so idk..

Yah, that is so. Another good reason to make you own. DIY is so simple.

Once you mark (with a felt pen) the needed nicotine solution level in your say 10 ml bottle, that being the amount of your nicotine solution that gives the 10 ml the desired nicotine concentration (one time setup), it's just a matter of pouring in the nicotine to the nic line, then VG (and/or PG) to the full line, dripping in some flavoring and maybe a few drops water or alcohol to thin it, and shake under hot water tap, let it sit overnight if you can, you're done. I remember my most favorite recipes, and can mix a bottle in under a minute.

It's easier than repeatedly ordering mixed juice, waiting for the mailman, etc. And then you know what you're vaping. Instead of spending money on different juices, you can buy different flavoring. That stuff is concentrated, can be combined in ever new ways, and lasts and lasts.

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
Here's another weird-o! I smoked over 2 packs a day for over 25 years - this is funny - with vaping I was totally afraid of too much nicotine! So I started out with 4mg on July 13 - by the 25th of July, I was vaping only 0 nic, which I still do to this day. I'm a complete chain vaper at home but I don't even think about vaping (or smoking for that matter) at work anymore. I had not even planned on quitting smoking - I figured the e-cigs would be just another fail. But I'm proud to say last Thursday was my 4 month anniversary. So from one weird-o to another - congrats on quitting!!

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Mostly vaping zero now , but sometimes I'll do a little 6/8mg . Works for me , I wonder if SOME folks would also be okay w/less nicotine and they just don't realize it.

Well thanks for reading my rambling wonderings :laugh:

Three weeks ago I made a mistake mixing my DIY eLiquid, forgot the nic. Ever since then I'm 0Nic0FA, (Zero Nicotine Zero Flavor Added). Easier than I thought. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Last edited:

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
Three weeks ago I made a mistake mixing my DIY eLiquid, forgot the nic. Ever since then I'm 0Nic0FA, (Zero Nicotine Zero Flavor Added). Easier than I thought. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Same here. About 3 months ago I bought an old favorite in 0mg(I was at 6mg at the time) to add my own level of nic as I was slowly dropping my mg per ml. Was so excited when it came I started to vape it just to taste test........3 days later I realised I had never added any nic. and have been nic free ever since. Easy peezy for me and I don't find I vape any more at 0mg than I did at higher mg/ml. Now if I could just kick the oral fixation habit!

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
Yah, that is so. Another good reason to make you own. DIY is so simple.

Once you mark (with a felt pen) the needed nicotine solution level in your say 10 ml bottle, that being the amount of your nicotine solution that gives the 10 ml the desired nicotine concentration (one time setup), it's just a matter of pouring in the nicotine to the nic line, then VG (and/or PG) to the full line, dripping in some flavoring and maybe a few drops water or alcohol to thin it, and shake under hot water tap, let it sit overnight if you can, you're done. I remember my most favorite recipes, and can mix a bottle in under a minute.

It's easier than repeatedly ordering mixed juice, waiting for the mailman, etc. And then you know what you're vaping. Instead of spending money on different juices, you can buy different flavoring. That stuff is concentrated, can be combined in ever new ways, and lasts and lasts.

I really have to think about taking this plunge, I bet it would save me a LOT of $$$. I used to smoke over 2 packs of Marlboro lights a day , for over 20 yrs . Now I am down to 0-6mg nic juice ( I do vape constantly but I did that at higher nic amounts as well , I don't miss the nic) so I am thinking that especially considering my non-need of much nic it would be cheaper ...correct ? Of course I know Nothing about mixing or flavorings so the learning curve would be steep.:ohmy:

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
Here's another weird-o! I smoked over 2 packs a day for over 25 years - this is funny - with vaping I was totally afraid of too much nicotine! So I started out with 4mg on July 13 - by the 25th of July, I was vaping only 0 nic, which I still do to this day. I'm a complete chain vaper at home but I don't even think about vaping (or smoking for that matter) at work anymore. I had not even planned on quitting smoking - I figured the e-cigs would be just another fail. But I'm proud to say last Thursday was my 4 month anniversary. So from one weird-o to another - congrats on quitting!!

:thumbs: COnGraTuLaTionS !!!!
I wish you were in NY , we could hang out and vape our faces off ...

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

Cheers,
    otrpu

So, no flavor at all? I only vape unflavored, and this week I took the nic out and it was not good,lol. Put a little nic in, and it was fine then. I NEED something, maybe sucrose(?) to help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread