An honest review on the Sidesho

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceyhan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Miami Lakes, FL
Edit : Sorry I can't put pictures up. My digital camera was stolen a couple of months ago and I haven't replaced it yet. Wish I can put up comparison shots, but you can get a good idea of what they look like from the website.

----

Edit : .......n, edit again. I am such an amateur. Forgot to comment on the PPC and the packaging.

----

Hey guys, I've been waiting for Tony to get his own forum spot for a couple weeks now so I can put up an honest review for you guys to read.

Just a little information, I've only been an e-cig user since this past February and have tried three different models in total.

I have tried two different dse901s, from two different suppliers.
A V2X, and finally - the Sidesho from modernvapor.com

----

By far my FAVORITE out of the three!
From what Tony tells me, the sidesho seems to be an improved version of the m401 - I've honestly never tried an m401 so I cannot comment on that.. but this e-cig is awesome all around, read below to find out why.

-----

First thing to comment on is the packaging. A beautiful black box with his own logo. Everything was packaged nicely. This is actually the first e-cig box I have kept lol, I'd hate to throw this away. Perfect for keeping extra supplies and juice in. Blends in with my black cabinets. xD Nothing too flashy, it just screams modern and elegant!

Inside the box was :

2x batteries
2x Atomizers
1x PPC (personal charging case)
1x PPC charger with a European plug and North American power adapter
Several sample carts, medium-high nic?

Good that he includes 2x Atomizers in the packages, more then enough to get you started.

----

This thing is SEXY! The FIRST e-cig I've ever seen where you can get a WHITE LED on the end of the battery! This looks badass and turns heads - people ask me about it all the time. There's also a billion different colors and atty's you can get - I decided on the red battery and red atomizer. The finish is nice - very high quality.. no paint peels or chips yet! I'm also using blank white carts on mine and the white on red looks amazing.

It's also significantly smaller then both my 901 and v2x - but the battery seems to last just as long!

----

Throat hit and vapor wise - I get just as much vapor and throat hit as my 901 (I like my 901 better then my v2x) - and that's a good thing.
The atty on the Sidesho goes ALL the way up into the cart though, I guess it's deeper then a 401 atty from what I've seen? Since it's exposed, it's pretty easy to drip on. I have a very good experience from both the dripping and cart filling. I get very good flavor out of the Sidesho too, more then any other e-cig I've tried. I like this thing man.

----

The carts. This is the ONLY area I think can be improved. The cart doesn't seem to hold much liquid. It's not bad, but it's not great. If you're more of a dripper, this is no problem at all since this thing is super easy to drip on. I've asked Tony about this and he's already speaking with the manufacturer to further improve the carts.

----

The PPC : I have a PPC with my V2x also, and I cannot see myself living without these. The PPC's are genius. Works just as good as any other. If you're not sure what they are, please check his website. It's basically a case that holds two batteries while it charges another at the same time. I've been able to recharge my battery about 5-6 times before I have had to recharge my PPC. The PPC also has room for an atomizer and several carts. Plug has an indicator to let you know when the PPC is charged, and the PPC has an indicator to let you know when the battery is charged. This thing is pretty too, solid black with the Modern Vapor logo, not flashy or flamboyant like some other PPCs.

----

Tony's customer service is just as good as any other though.
So far, my best customer service experiences have come from Tony at modernvapor, and Shawn at LiteCigUSA.

Tony has always responded to my e-mails within minutes -
and the best thing about him was.. HE TESTED MY BATTERIES BEFORE MAILING THEM OUT! I haven't had ANY hardware problems at all, everything is working perfectly.

I placed an order sometime around Wednesday night? 9pm'ish? Got my order Friday morning.

SO that pretty much wraps it up, this was my first e-cig review ever so I'm not sure if I missed out on something?? Lol, let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer 'em!

---

Edit : I haven't tried the e-juice or 902 yet, but I can comment on that in my next order!

Last edited:

ceyhan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Miami Lakes, FL
I just want to update anyone that cares.
The Sidesho is officially my e-cig of choice.
After a couple weeks of use with it, I cannot
go back to anything else (I switch between this and my v2x, but
find myself using the Sidesho much, much more).

It's still going strong,
the paint has not chipped or peeled
like others I've owned -
and the atty seems to get better over time.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
Yes, my 902 is the exact as the VX2, the only difference is that mine has a 220mah vs the VX2 that has a 180mah. The battery is the exact same length, just internal battery size is different.

My 902/ VX2 = 118mm long x 9.2mm wide

Sidesho = 108mm long x 8.5mm wide

If you like the smooth draw of the VX2, you will like the Sidesho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread