Preliminary test results with the Sidesho & Blu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
Ok, tomorrow or the next day I'll be posting up a shootout between the Sidesho and the Blu, but for now I have some quickie, preliminary results to share.

• Sidesho produces about 30-40% MORE vapor. I do not know if this is a result of the slightly longer battery or the inner carts that are 7mm larger and hold WAY more juice. Further testing is needed, but suffice it to say that the Sidesho performs much like an M401, but with a smoother, easier draw!

• You CAN attach the Sidesho atty/cart to the Blu. This way you'll get almost the same compact size as the Blu, but with far superior performance in vapor production and flavor.

• You CAN attach the Sidesho battery to the Blu atty/cart but there will be a gap. It does not hinder nor enhance performance, the only exception SOME might take is the visual oddity of the gap between the atty and batt.

• The Sidesho outer cart (mouthpiece) is exactly the same size as the Blu outer cart.

• The Sidesho INNER cart is 7mm longer than the Blu cart. It sits up higher in the outer cart and holds TREMENDOUSLY more fluid.

• The Sidesho inner cart is easier to top off than the Blu or the M401 because of how high it sits in the outer cart (mouthpiece). It can be dicey trying to top off an M401 or Blu unless you use a paper clip to push the cart up, but with the Sidesho the paper clip is not needed.

• The Sidesho cart uses pre-sealed foil like the Blu. Puncturing is about as easy.

• Unlike Blu, you CAN buy BLANK CARTS for the Sidesho.

• Unlike the Blu, the pre-filled carts from ModernVapor actually TASTE GOOD. I am vaping the M-Boro (Marlboro from other vendors) and it rocks. It is also more flavorful (in potency) than Blu cart juices.

• The Sidesho atty bridge is slightly longer than the Blu atty bridge. This makes it great for dipping and for dripping as well.

• Because the Sidesho uses an exposed atty, it is far easier to unclog than an internal bridge like on the 510. This means maintenance is much easier to perform.

• I have been topping off and dripping with great success in the Sidesho.

• For the first hour of vaping, I hit the cutoff fairly quickly... about 3-4 seconds. Now it seems to be breaking in and I am getting about 7 seconds out of it, so that means I will rarely have to worry about it cutting off. I suspect after another day or two it will break in even more. This is EXACTLY what I experienced with my 510s. So this is killer news.

• Manual batteries are supposed to be coming soon for the Sidesho for those that only go manual. I do not know the ETA however.

• The draw is not as "easy" as the Blu (which some find disconcerting anyway), but not nearly as "tight" as the M401 Dragon that I own and love. It is right in-between. Smooth, fairly easy, and you get a ....-load of vapor. Yes, ....-load is a technical term.

• The Sidesho assembled is too long for the Blu PCC lid to shut. The Sidesho atty/cart on the Blu batt (to reduce length) is still about 2mm too long for the Blu PCC to shut.

I have conveyed my thoughts to Tony, owner of ModernVapor.com. I am awaiting the rest of my delivery that will consist of a red batt, white batt, and PCC along with more cart flavors. Right now I only have a blue batt, blue atty and red atty that I'm testing with.

I will file a more in-depth report when all of the components arrive. But so far the Sidesho will almost permanently retire my Blu. The Blu still only has one point that beats out the Sidesho (as well as EVERY OTHER e-cig on the market) and that is the fact the PCC can hold an ASSEMBLED UNIT. The Sidesho cannot do this in their own PCC, it will be as effective as a 510 PCC however with the exception being that the Sidesho PCC holds many more carts than the 510 PCC.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
Thanks Bandit, good review!!

I did a 5min quick mod on one of my PCC's to see if I could get a fully assembled ecig to fit in the back slot. I don't have a BLU ecig, so I used a M403 because they are basically the same size.

The Sidesho PCC has a top rubber layer, and I just peeled it back a little so the drill bit would not rip it up. I used a 11/32 drill bit, then drilled in the back slot through the plastic stopper, and up & down to clean the new hole. I then used some glue to secure the rubber top layer rubber, and it was done.

So, it will now hold a complete mini Sidesho (using a mini battery, L88 BLU battery) which are on order.

Last edited:

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
I will be getting manual batteries in about a week for the Sidesho as well.

I just received part of my new shipment, so I hope be be fully stock by next week as well.

The cutoff on the batteries is programmed for 8sec. Just like any other auto battery, I can will get the a 10 sec or 6sec cutoff.

Last edited:

LABeachBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
  • The draw is not as "easy" as the Blu (which some find disconcerting anyway), but not nearly as "tight" as the M401 Dragon that I own and love. It is right in-between. Smooth, fairly easy, and you get a ....-load of vapor. Yes, ....-load is a technical term.

How does it compare to the draw of the 510? The ease of draw is the reason I always fall back to the Blu as my primary.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Been a bit busy this weekend so I have not been able to follow up properly.

But a couple more quick notes until I do...

The Sidesho may be permanently replacing both my Dragon AND Blu.

Vapor and flavor production did go up even higher as I predicted. LOTS of vapor and flavor, I am loving it.

I like the PCC, it holds 6 carts, an extra atty and a charging battery.

Topping off, refilling and dripping are super easy. No need to use a paper clip like on the M401 or Blu.

For whatever unexplained reason... WHITE batts hit harder and provide more vapor than the red or blue. No BS, they do.

Batts are as ridiculously sensitive to sound/wind as the Blu, but manual batts are available next week, so who cares.

Vaping on an all red Sidesho will probably get you laid. Now I have no actual proof of this, but the red looks so sexy that if you DON'T get laid for some reason, you'll probably end up touching yourself anyway... it's that damn sexy.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Tony, I sincerely hope you are able to someday make a slightly longer PCC that will carry an assembled unit. Because if you do, NO ONE will ever need to look at Blu again. Not only that, you'd kill the M401 market... everyone would need to own a Sidesho.

But even without that, I'm not sure I'll be using my M401 much anymore :)

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
I didn't realize how popular the Red has been, I am going to get some red carts to match them soon.

I agree with you about the white batteries, I noticed that myself.

Thanks for you input Bandit, I am glad you got your stuff before the long weekend. You got the last red Sidesho, I should have more by Friday.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
From what I understand from Bandit, the Sidesho & BLU use the exact same outer cart. The Sidesho inner carts is 7mm bigger than the BLU. If you wanted to use the larger inner cart of the Sidesho, you will need to use a Sidesho atomizer on your BLU battery.

The batteries on the BLU & Sidsho are the exact same width 8.5mm, and have the exact same sized threads.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Ah... someone else with a smoking fetish, I think <wink>

I don't have a smoking fetish, but by God, after seeing this:

:hubba:
:wub:

I'm willing to try..... :evil:

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't think the 120mm is goin to happen, but I do have a black with pink led on the way, and a black atomizer with pink logo as well.
Can I get black batteries with a pink LED and pink and black atomizers when I order the pink starter kit? I will be placing an order on payday.

Now that I have decided what e-cig I want (after many hours on this forum), now I have to figure out what liquid to get. There are so many choices. The website says B&H is the closest to tobacco, but the RY4 sounds yummy. What do you suggest? I currently smoke a pack or two of Misty Light 120's everyday.

I will try clove, coffee, and vanilla at some point, but I don't think I'd want them all day. I'd like to see you offer almond and honey liquids too.

Thanks,
~A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread