And the panic sets in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
All I did was order 0mg without the intention of going all the way down to 0mg yet. I'm going to hang around 5.5mg for at least a month.

I've come up with the idea that I won't mix all my 11mg down at once. I still had to order an extra 11mg just in case. It was just seeing that order of nothing but 0mg that was unsettling.

It makes no sense, I've toyed with 5.5 before. I've even mixed a whole bottle today. I haven't had any problems with it. I haven't even had a problem vaping 0mg for long periods as long as they didn't include mornings.
I guess it's the thought of not having a nicotine safety net.
Except my plan all along is to keep a bottle of 11mg forever to keep me from ever going back to cigarettes.

Maybe instead of letting the panic rule me with "what if" I need to look forward to being one step closer to not needing nicotine. "What if" it doesn't matter if I run out of juice and mail is late, "what if" it doesn't matter if the power goes out longer than I have batteries to last.
Now to convince myself of that.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Please show some dignity!!! Just kidding. I started out at 18mg, then went to 6mg for Bobas Bounty for several days and didn't notice any real cravings until it hit me that I was on low nic for 2 days. Since then I settled for 11/12mg and have no regrets. I will probably drop to 6mg for all day very soon. I wish you all the strength needed!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I lost all dignity long ago :)
It probably doesn't help that I've been in panic mode the last few days and not enough nicotine only makes it worse.

I've gone back to smoking so many times after long periods keeping a working e-cig kit with nicotine on hand seems to be the only rational plan, unless vaping becomes so main stream that quality juice is as available as cigarettes are.
I don't really plan on quitting 0mg but figure I'll naturally slack off once I get there.
The many bottles is what doesn't make sense. I have more than a months worth of 11mg and already had more than a spare bottle that isn't getting any mixer bought for it.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
No, mine are ready made goumet juices at 36mg... that's what I vape, although I have a few lower nics too.. Sometimes I may cut a juice a bit with some VG if it's too harsh, but rarely.
I don't understand why you would risk going back to tobacco by cutting your nic too low - too soon. If I understand you correctly? I fell off the wagon once before, and learned the hard way. Now nothing will get me to smoke a cigarette ever again, even if it means vaping high nic for a few months.... years... lol.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I don't understand why you would risk going back to tobacco by cutting your nic too low - too soon. If I understand you correctly? I fell off the wagon once before, and learned the hard way. Now nothing will get me to smoke a cigarette ever again, even if it means vaping high nic for a few months.... years... lol.

I think the risk of cutting too fast is part of what set me into a panic over buying all the 0mg. If I had waited until I needed a bottle of 0mg and a bottle of 11mg for each flavor it wouldn't have looked as bad.

11mg is where I started this time. 18mg was good for a few puffs in the morning but after that got to be too much. So 5.5mg shouldn't be too much of a drop.
My main desire for 0mg is to beat any possibility of a ban or excessive restrictions. But it would be nice to know a simple malfunction wouldn't have me going back to cigarettes.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
If worse comes to worse, you don't have to go back to cigs.... just go disposable. It'll suck, but it's better than a cig.

I wouldn't mind getting a NiMH box mod. Then it would be as simple as keeping the nic juice in the freezer and stealing some batteries from a camera.
But before I committed to buying a lot this time I dug out and cleaned up my 4072 autobats that had been sitting around collecting dust for 3 years and got them to work. I think manuals should hold up better.

Last Sunday was when I went 5.5mg completely. Monday a nurse told me to go the ER. Tuesday when a broke a stone I was informed all the work I had had to be done by Friday morning because of vacation, the replacement stone didn't come in until Thursday. Friday I had a doctor's appointment that included blood tests (needle fear).
After all that without having puffed on the 11mg tank I changed them all to 5.5mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread