Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Today my best friend and I met another local vapor who I met here on ECF at Wal Mart. We live in a small town so the eatery in our wal mart seemed like a good place to meet up. In the past I have always stealth vaped in wal mart but when we met our new friend he tried our PVs and just vaped away right there next to the customer service counter with people coming and going all around us. I felt like we were gonna get in trouble but no one said a word as he blew plumes LOL. I still half way stealthed it but it was so obvious what we were doing there with all our PVs laid out on the table. It was like vaping show and tell at wal mart. I wonder if they have a policy on vaping in wal mart. I have always been afraid to ask because this is a small town and if they say no I am afraid they will be watching me after that. I seem to run to wal mart at least once a day and usually vape while inside so I was afraid to ruin it. Now I don't know what to think LOL:ohmy:

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I met up with another vaper at a McDonalds one time to trade some atty's. Of course I brought along a bunch of juice for him to try too. We had it all laid out on the table, probably 25 bottles of juice, 4 pv's, and a pile of atty's and carto's. People walked by and most didn't even look our way. A few did the rubberneck thing and kept on going. Nobody said anything to either of us or to management, and I was blowing clouds too. I came to the conclusion that people just didn't know what we were doing exactly, and didn't want to get involved in a dispute of any sort.

In a Valdosta, ga I was asked to leave walmart and was told that if I didn't leave the manager was going to call the cops. I asked him to call the cops siteing the regulations on "smoking" ban. I won that one though.

These are things I dont think we need in the News....the whole "go ahead call the cops thing" not good IMO...I'm a very social vaper, and have never been bothered, but if someone asked me to stop I would rather than make them think we "all vapers" are out to make a scene..

rusalka

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
USA
These are things I dont think we need in the News....the whole "go ahead call the cops thing" not good IMO...I'm a very social vaper, and have never been bothered, but if someone asked me to stop I would rather than make them think we "all vapers" are out to make a scene..

it wasn't as if I was trying to make a scene. i just knew that they didn't have a leg to stand on. I did stop vaping though.

dragonladee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2011
Louisiana
I remember there was a petition not long ago that people were signing trying to convince a Starbucks to let people vape. So I am assuming that they have a no vaping policy, or they did.

I vape pretty much wherever I am, but I try not to be offensive, and I think that should be the point. Alot of people still *think* that vaping is an offensive habit like smoking so they don't want it around them. Some people don't want their kids to be smoked around-not just because of the secondhand but because they want to limit visual exposure in the hopes that they won't pick it up themselves-in which case vaping would appear the same. Whether we agree with any of it or not is irrelevant.

There are certain things that we should be discreet about in public in consideration of others and this is kinda one of them. If it's okay to smoke there then vape like a freight train. If it isn't, then think of it like picking your nose or saying a bad word....just because it isn't illegal doesn't mean you should be indignant about your right to do so and force others to witness. Don't get right in the main view of a large group of people/children and cause a scene. What is so horrible about stealth vaping?

We all know that vaping shouldn't fall under anti-smoking rules. But at first view people can't tell the difference between vaping and smoking and think you are outright breaking the law. If we all act like inconsiderate a$$e$ about it and make peoples' first impression of vaping a negative one then those laws can and will change....look at the airlines! Every time you fight with a business owner about your right to vape there, you are creating another avenue for vaping to be banned there out of sheer resentment and anger-which is the right of the owner of that business (just as they can ban drinks and food on their location if they so choose).

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
tbh, i just don't see how it's appropriate or not damaging to stealth. being asked to stop by someone within their right is one thing, trying to justify your actions while hiding them are another. i've stealthed a couple times, then realized i would rather than ask for forgiveness rather than also having to explain why i felt the need to be sneaky.

Last edited:

DarkAynjil

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2011
El Paso
I also think the public doesn't know enough about pv's. If they see that there is no harm in them, then maybe they will be more accepting of them. So far they just see what the media wants them to see.

And the media only sees what they can use to increase ratings, which is negative information of any kind. I work for a local news station, and I vape in front of God and everybody all day long. There have been 2 complaints from the news department - mostly about the "smell". I replied that I would stop vaping when they stopped wearing buckets of cheap cologne and/or perfume. I have been asked if I know that e-cigarettes explode (sic) and that they are not FDA approved. Vape in public. It is legal. It creates a positive image of vapers when you vape naturally, and are courteous, yet firm, about your right to vape as a legal activity. If the owner of a place tells me he doesn't want me to vape in his place even after I explain vaping/e-cigarettes, I don't vape there. I take my business elsewhere.

hallucinoJEN

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2012
Richmond, VA USA
I vaped at Wal-Mart on Sunday. I walked around Wal-Mart holding my Bolt mod with an extension attached to hold my 18650 batt (this is not a small mod, to say the least) in my hand while I shopped. No one said anything. When I vape indoors, I do the double inhale technique so I don't blow out plumes of vapor. A sliver of vapor may come out during the exhale. No one said anything. When I was at the checkout counter, I took a vape while the cashier was ringing me up, and she laughed and smiled. I said it was my vaporizer and she said she was familiar with the PV I was using. :D :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread