Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
The fact that a vendor is selling an item that indicates its safe use in the premises in question, is my point. In a wal-mart (or any place that sells a product that they don't want consumed/used on the premises) they have signs indicating that use of those products is prohibited (due to law).

Using your logic, the next time I go to walmart, I can grab a steak, a bag of charcoal and some lighter fluid, some paper plates, a couple of lawn chairs. I'll have a little picnic. I'll take a friend or two. We can play Frisbee, or maybe practice casting with the fishing rods and such.

Maybe those lawn chairs should be the fold out kind, 'cause I'm planning on getting some condoms, too.

I'm pretty sure that Walmart sells a lot of items they don't want used in the stores.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Using your logic, the next time I go to walmart, I can grab a steak, a bag of charcoal and some lighter fluid, some paper plates, a couple of lawn chairs. I'll have a little picnic. I'll take a friend or two. We can play Frisbee, or maybe practice casting with the fishing rods and such.

Maybe those lawn chairs should be the fold out kind, 'cause I'm planning on getting some condoms, too.

I'm pretty sure that Walmart sells a lot of items they don't want used in the stores.

OMFG...... I was drinking when I read that.... now I need a monitor wipe. TOOOOOOO FUNNY!

DarkAynjil

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2011
El Paso

Safe use in public and due diligence laws vary from state to sate, but if you're dumb enough to think that grilling indoors is safe, well - I don't know what to tell you. The point of this is that we're discussing vaping in public places, and people are making all kinds of wild analogies here. Also, if you act like an ...... anywhere, you will probably be asked to leave by the establishment, that much ought to be common sense. E-cigarettes and vaping are safe for use in public, and there are (currently) very few laws regarding their use. Mass confusion, media spin, and people who are unassertive of their own rights due to fear that they will lose those same rights if they speak up are what's at stake here.

BrokenLung

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
TN
Safe use in public and due diligence laws vary from state to sate, but if you're dumb enough to think that grilling indoors is safe, well - I don't know what to tell you. The point of this is that we're discussing vaping in public places, and people are making all kinds of wild analogies here. Also, if you act like an ...... anywhere, you will probably be asked to leave by the establishment, that much ought to be common sense. E-cigarettes and vaping are safe for use in public, and there are (currently) very few laws regarding their use. Mass confusion, media spin, and people who are unassertive of their own rights due to fear that they will lose those same rights if they speak up are what's at stake here.

E-cigarettes and vaping are safe for use in public? Are you a medical professional who has performed research on this topic? Let me tell you, as a medical professional, kids breathing your or my second hand nicotine is BAD. Forego to mention no medically acceptable conclusive studies exist on the second hand effects of vaporizing various "juices" in various devices on children. I would be very offended if you were blowing 'harmless vapors' in my children's face at the local Wal-Mart; and I might just kick your ...... acting ... in, around, and out of the store. This disgusts me. Mass confusion and media spin are a result of people like you spreading unsubstantiated claims and forcing your ways upon others whom lack choice. I found this thread while searching google. Please think about what impact your words might have before they are recorded for all to witness.

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I do not want Jane Doe to stumble across this thread and think :ohmy: these people are jack........s

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
E-cigarettes and vaping are safe for use in public? Are you a medical professional who has performed research on this topic?
Let me tell you, as a medical professional, kids breathing your or my second hand nicotine is BAD.
Urban Myth
Exhaled vapor dissipates quickly
You'd have to lip-lock someone for a long time
for them to get as much nicotine as is in a tomato.
Tomacco.jpg

1-BigGrin.png

Folks ...
This topic comes up on the forum a few times every month !!
:p

Last edited:

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
Vaping is hard to categorize, take the nicotine factor out and it is a bit easier to see clearly. I do not expect to be able to spray hairspray on my head every five minutes while sitting at my desk and working with clients. It's rude, it's distracting, and it has some potential for offensive odors or allergies. It's not an issue of "my right to vape cuz it's not smoke", it's common courtesy. That said, if you have the green light to free-vape then live it up. :)

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
2nd-hand vapor ...
Believe whatever you want to justify reasons for not vaping around others.
Bottom Line: This topic wouldn't even be a topic if vapor wasn't visible
giving the "Appearance" of smoking ... reminding people of "real" smoke (period) !!

Matter of Fact: IF PV's weren't known as Electronic "cigarettes"
we wouldn't even be talking about 2nd-hand vape.

Folks ....
Those opposed to e-cigarettes and wanting them banned
COINED the phrase "2nd Hand Vapor" to demonize e-cigarettes.
Same groups that originally demonized e-smoking claiming
e-cigarettes are dangerous to e-smokers !

Since their lies have been exposed ...
They now waive the flag "Save the Children"

Unfortunately ... There are some e-smokers who now
believe the lies INVENTED by those wishing to ban e-cigarettes.
:ohmy:

Again ...
Exhaled vapor dissipates quickly
You'd have to lip-lock someone for a long time
for them to get as much nicotine as is in a tomato.

Latest Studies Confirm E-Cigarette Vapor Safety
Article: Click Here

For the benefit of those who won't read long articles
and prefer information in a "sound byte"

Despite the mounting scientific evidence that e-cigarette vapor is not hazardous to the health of users or bystanders, some groups such as Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights and American Lung Association lobbyists continue to insist that vapor should be included in laws meant to protect the public from smoke exposure. Calling vapor smoke does not change the physical and chemical properties of either substance. Including vapor in smoking bans encourages smokers to continue lighting up instead of switching to an alternative that could save their lives and reduce health risks of bystanders.

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I think the lack of confrontation between people who vape and people who do not understand vaping can be kinda similar to the theory posted in Fight Club for homework: Start a fight with a complete stranger. Egg them on.

The point of the homework was to let the stranger win the fight, but try as they might to antagonize strangers, even going so far as to spray them with a fire hose, the majority of the strangers just kept on walking, walking, walking.

It's true. Even if someone next to you is abhorred by your vaping and think you're a fiend breaking the law, chances are, you'll get a sideways look, but nothing more.

People actively seek to avoid conflict and confrontation.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I think the lack of confrontation between people who vape and people who do not understand vaping can be kinda similar to the theory posted in Fight Club for homework: Start a fight with a complete stranger. Egg them on.

The point of the homework was to let the stranger win the fight, but try as they might to antagonize strangers, even going so far as to spray them with a fire hose, the majority of the strangers just kept on walking, walking, walking.

It's true. Even if someone next to you is abhorred by your vaping and think you're a fiend breaking the law, chances are, you'll get a sideways look, but nothing more.

People actively seek to avoid conflict and confrontation.
The overwhelming vast majority of those apposed to e-smoking
ONLY use health concerns to MASK their true feelings.

They couldn't care less about e-smokers and e-smoking saves lives.

They just don't want to be around smokers and that includes ...
being around ANYTHING that even would Remind them of smoking
which includes e-cigarettes.

E-cigarettes are included in most smoking bans for this reason !!
Those wishing to include e-cigarettes in smoking bans will NOT
admit they wish them banned because e-cigs reminds them of smoking.

DarkAynjil

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2011
El Paso
I'm not a mechanic either - yet I manage to change my own oil. I am not a rocket scientist - but I know how to make several rocket propellants, and have safely done so in the past, both professionally, and as a hobby. I am not an electrician - yet I managed to install a few light switches and a ceiling fan. My "unsubstantiated claims" are verifiable facts that yourself could research and verify if you wanted to. You don't want to though - you want some "expert" with amazing credentials to step in, and tell you it is, or isn't safe - that way you know for sure. I don't blame you, we all feel that way sometimes. My point was, and still is, that common sense and courtesy, rather than violence and confrontational behavior (which apparently, you resort to first) resolve most issues. I was also pointing out that people try to reason by analogy far too often. You don't need to be a lawyer to know that murder is a felony, nor do you need to be a "medical professional" to look up a few basic scientific facts about a subject. Also, +1 for necroing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread