Andromeda 50 watt mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Still a relatively new product but it appears to be of higher quality than most of the authentic box mods and certainly all the clones. :facepalm: The price is more than some of the other boxes but they all have their particular issues. As far as warranty I would say a year is about all you'll get from anyone. A lot only go 90 days. :ohmy:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Still a relatively new product but it appears to be of higher quality than most of the authentic box mods and certainly all the clones. :facepalm: The price is more than some of the other boxes but they all have their particular issues. As far as warranty I would say a year is about all you'll get from anyone. A lot only go 90 days. :ohmy:

Most PVs with a 90 day or one year warranty don't cost $350 either. If it were really a rock solid PV, they would have no problem offering a better warranty, and the chip is only warranted for 6 months by the manufacturer (so they don't even cover it).

It might be a fantastic device, but the warranty does not give me any confidence in it.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
If they were competitive with the current market I would already have bought one. I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback on the IPV3. I don't sub-ohm but the battery life is going to be great. SMY's 180 is also a good looking device but three 18650 might be a bit heavy to lug around. Both look like they will be priced under $150

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
There is a PiMODZ Andromeda review in the E-Cigarette APV Reviews forum.

I bought my Andromeda as a second vapeaversary present to myself and could not be more delighted, even considering the cost. The machining is beyond exquisite. Both my late uncle and grand uncle were exceptionally talented machinists and would be fans of the work. The machining looks more like it was done for a precision instrument rather than even a very high end consumer product.

The Andromeda is heavy but very comfortable to hold and use. It's been nothing but a pleasure to own. I'm also very pleased with the SX350 chip.

If PiMODZ designs and manufactures another mod I'll be a buyer if it uses a chip I like.

CharliesTheMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Louisiana
There is a PiMODZ Andromeda review in the E-Cigarette APV Reviews forum.

I bought my Andromeda as a second vapeaversary present to myself and could not be more delighted, even considering the cost. The machining is beyond exquisite. Both my late uncle and grand uncle were exceptionally talented machinists and would be fans of the work. The machining looks more like it was done for a precision instrument rather than even a very high end consumer product.

The Andromeda is heavy but very comfortable to hold and use. It's been nothing but a pleasure to own. I'm also very pleased with the SX350 chip.

If PiMODZ designs and manufactures another mod I'll be a buyer if it uses a chip I like.

Are you kind of an OCD perfectionist with build quality? I'm thinking that you probably are at least a bit if you're buying mods of that caliber. If machining and build quality, and real fit and finish are important in your mod buying decisions/overall happiness with the mod, could you give your opinion on how you think the parts fit together and the quality of the machining. I'd like to hear your opinion on the threads and the fit and finish and special lil finishing touches that you've noticed?

I'm intrigued from what I've seen so far and I would be dissappointed with some of my mods at the 200 to 300 price point espcially if I would have paid full retail, so I'd love input on yours you've used over time.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I'm not an OCD type of person but since I grew up around outstanding machine work done by my uncles I appreciate exceptionally fine work and am always delighted by it. The fit, finish, machinining and threading on my Andromeda are all perfect—always a pleasure to use.

Since receiving my Andromeda I've been scratching my head wondering how many favors it took to talk the machinist into doing the work on the Andromeda. Shops that turn out this type of quality are usually set up be profitable by turning out high precision scientific, industrial and military work; not consumer goods.

The Andromeda's main body is milled rather than turned on a lathe which is more expensive to do and requires more skill to produce than threading a tube. To me personally, the Andromeda's price makes more sense in that context as apposed $200+ for a lathed tube. Others will disagree and be tickled as punch with their lathed mods which is great. The world would be boring if we all appreciated exactly the same sorts of things.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
peraspera, my grandfather was a machinist and I realize that detailed work like that does take time. That being said for a 50W mod and the current market not many people are going to drop that much coin on one mod. In the marketplace today they can pick up two 150W mods for the same price with the same warranty.

It is a collector piece and very good looking but the price point kept me from pulling the trigger on one. I own a couple REO's and I feel like they are priced appropriately. They are using quality material and it's a solid build but it's just priced to a collectors market and not someone that is an enthusiast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread