Another Case Study of Vapers Saving $$$ !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case Study #2 Bob
Bob contacted me with an interest in obtaining life insurance to protect his wife and kids, something to help cover the mortgage and replace his income if the worst happened. He first wanted to check with his current auto and home insurance carrier, a well known company that caters specifically to the military market.

I warned Bob that their rates were going to be Smoker rates, but I looked forward to comparing. Now what's interesting is that they did offer some deference to the fact that Bob is a Vaper and not a tobacco smoker. Their vape rates reflected a 25% discount off of their Smoker rate. Now let's compare the numbers!

For a 250,000 30 Year Term plan, Bob's current carrier quoted him $160/month. The quote from Latitude? $62.33/month. That is 61% less and that is why we do this!!

Now, I do credit this other company with giving some deference (25% discount) to Bob's healthy choice and not lumping him in with cigarette smokers. But with their tobacco rate sky high, the discount is symbolic at best.

With most companies sticking Vapers with high smoker rates, it's no wonder some feel like they can't afford to get proper coverage. And that is just sad. Let Latitude help you help yourself. Case closed and another family protected!

BobLynch

Oct 14, 2016
Vian,Oklahoma
Case Study #2 Bob
Bob contacted me with an interest in obtaining life insurance to protect his wife and kids, something to help cover the mortgage and replace his income if the worst happened. He first wanted to check with his current auto and home insurance carrier, a well known company that caters specifically to the military market.

I warned Bob that their rates were going to be Smoker rates, but I looked forward to comparing. Now what's interesting is that they did offer some deference to the fact that Bob is a Vaper and not a tobacco smoker. Their vape rates reflected a 25% discount off of their Smoker rate. Now let's compare the numbers!

For a 250,000 30 Year Term plan, Bob's current carrier quoted him $160/month. The quote from Latitude? $62.33/month. That is 61% less and that is why we do this!!

Now, I do credit this other company with giving some deference (25% discount) to Bob's healthy choice and not lumping him in with cigarette smokers. But with their tobacco rate sky high, the discount is symbolic at best.

With most companies sticking Vapers with high smoker rates, it's no wonder some feel like they can't afford to get proper coverage. And that is just sad. Let Latitude help you help yourself. Case closed and another family protected!

He could also go to ecblends.com to save money and they are aemsa.org certified.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Or.. .. When getting a quote and they ask if you are a smoker, just answer no and don't even bring vaping into the equation.
And if your family is put in a position to collect...
And the life insurance company finds nicotine in your system...
And denies coverage and refuses to pay out...

That won't be, in hindsight, the best decision you could have made.
Almost might as well just NOT get life insurance if you like to gamble like that.

David has been able to save vapers some nice money with these companies that recognize vaping as healthier then smoking. He can work with you to save money. Then you'll have more to spend on vape gear. :)
@mountaingal, thanks for your support! We are making a difference for vapers!

Reactions: panda5303
Or.. .. When getting a quote and they ask if you are a smoker, just answer no and don't even bring vaping into the equation.
@absoluttalent, you are right in the sense that Vapers are not smokers and don't need to answer in the affirmative to the question "Are you a smoker?" However, if you are suggesting that you can fool an insurance company to get a NonSmoker rate, this is not only unwise, but illegal. During the life insurance application process, more specific questions about cigarette use, nicotine use, and vaping will come up. And then there is the blood test. As @DC2 indicates as well, the last thing anyone wants is to have their family left with nothing because of fraud on an insurance application. The good news, if you are with the right carrier, you can get a NonSmoker rate and not have to hide anything about your nicotine use!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread