Status
Not open for further replies.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
well guys i'm totally a newbie here, i've made the decision to forego my smoking habit after smoking cigarettes for the last ten years of my life, and have started with a nicotek metro personal vaporizer, however: i have done a bit of research and found that the cartridges for this unit are fairly pricey and i'm looking to switch to a 510 unit, i'm primarily looking for a manual battery mini unit (to mimic the feel of a real cigarette) that fits 510s and has fairly cheap components, as i'm not really looking for a full starter kit again, as i have bricks for the car and home, i would just need a 510 compatible usb charger (preferably with a bit of a chord on it) and some batteries.

also, i would love to know some tips on what kind of tools i would need to refill my own cartridges, as well as possibly some juice that is a good analog of my former brand: the camel cigarette...links would be appreciated, and also forgive my horrendous grammar and run on sentences....and happy vaping to you guys

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
well guys i'm totally a newbie here, i've made the decision to forego my smoking habit after smoking cigarettes for the last ten years of my life, and have started with a nicotek metro personal vaporizer, however: i have done a bit of research and found that the cartridges for this unit are fairly pricey and i'm looking to switch to a 510 unit, i'm primarily looking for a manual battery mini unit (to mimic the feel of a real cigarette) that fits 510s and has fairly cheap components, as i'm not really looking for a full starter kit again, as i have bricks for the car and home, i would just need a 510 compatible usb charger (preferably with a bit of a chord on it) and some batteries.

also, i would love to know some tips on what kind of tools i would need to refill my own cartridges, as well as possibly some juice that is a good analog of my former brand: the camel cigarette...links would be appreciated, and also forgive my horrendous grammar and run on sentences....and happy vaping to you guys

Honestly, there are not really any good "mini" ecigs in 510 connection. The most recommended "mini" is the smokeless image volt. But they are 808 threaded.

The volt batteries last from 2-4 hours. The cartomizers last a long time and can be refilled several times and do not burn easily. Refilling is simple. All you need is juice and you drip in it. They sell starter kits and individual pieces. You can use the coupon YOURVOLT00 for 15% off. They also have a customer service that's second to none.

If you decide to consider the volt, even though it is 808 threaded, check out this video that demonstrates the product line. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELM4QhceR7o

Good luck on your quest, and congrats on giving up the analogs

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
I don't know of any 510-based cig look-alikes, but an EGO 650 mah PV is a little lot bigger and delivers decent performance. A better unit is the KGO 1100 mah PV. It is a 510 device and will deliver all day battery life and is still very pocketable but not a cig look-alike. Take a look at them here- KGO batteries 1100mAh

I really don't think you're going to find a good 510 device that is close to an analog. There are other choices available as you probably know, but they will either be larger, or not deliver the all day performance of the KGO I mentioned. If you must have a cig form factor, the Volt Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette is the most highly recommended here.

Welcome to ECF.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
wow guys thanks for the amazingly quick responses, i will check into the volt, but may also consider a mid size due to the the fact that i know the 510s are the most common thread...i really wasn't sure about refilling my own carts though, mainly due to mess or possibly needing to take them apart...

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Elmattias, As far as filling cartos heres the scoop. There are three primary methods that are most used.
One is the syringe method How to refill a cartomizer using a syringe (KR808D-1) - YouTube similar to this. Keep in mind you will want to insert the syringe down the sides of the filler right next to the inner metal wall of the tube. When I use this method with Boge cartos I have a stainless steel sharp tip tweezer that i slide down the side first to make a little extra room for the blunt tip of the syringe to be inserted into. This way you can measure the total amount going in and you can draw out any excess that you may not need immediately.
Method two is most commonly referred to as the condom method. It involves the rubber boot that comes on the empty carto when new. Like this A PBusardo Tutorial : Filling Boge 510 Cartomizers - YouTube . I have used this method and while it does work, I dont particularly care to do my first fills(or any really) this way.
Mtehod three is the drip fill method. This requires the most patience and some beforehand knowledge. Like theres is about 23 drops in a mililiter, and how many miliiliters your particular cartomizer Should hold from amty to full. Like this Cap vs Drip method - How to Refill a Cartomizer - YouTube The dripping begins at about 4:15 into the vid so start there.

Now onto the 510 device, I would say that you would be better served to start with a midsized device if, and only if, you can overlook the size issue. If thats the case then you could begin with a basic kGo, or Riva or eGo, I have no real horse in the race but this kit looks like a good place to start GP eCo-V CE2 Style 650mah Case Kit (NEW). This kit has adjustable voltage batteries, three different settings that will allow you to get the right heat and temperature for the liquid in your carto, and it includes the stardust type clearomizers that so many folks enjoy. Or this one KGO v2.0 Rebuildable Vision Kit Which has the newer stardusts but without the adjustable battery. Either way (or any way) you go you may save yourself the step of upgrading from the small batteries to a midsize. I thought(like many) that I wanted a device to replicate smoking as closely as possible. After looking back all I really wanted was something good performance ,easy, reliable and stress free. I own three different mini devices, none of them are (for me) as stress free or as good performing as a larger battery unit. I hated having to lug a charger, two batteries and a complete unit just to get through a day at work. But maybe thats just me.

As far as liquid, that is comletely personal preference. Buy a few things from a few vendors in small quantities. Buy mostly what you think you will like and buy one or two that just look interesting. My second favorite flavor is pineapple, which I recieved from a vendor as a thank you for your order kind of thing, I never would have ordered it on my own but once I put it in an atomizer and tried it I have always had a stash available. Once you find one or two that hit the spot stock up on those. Liquid was the hardest thing for me to get nailed down properly. I have no real experience with buying liquids lately(I make my own). My nephew is a new vaper and has spoke highly of both Backwoods Brew Backwoods Brew and ECBlend ECBlend E-Liquids - Something Better . When I was buying liquid I liked The Vapor Room The Vapor Room.net | Vaporize Nicotine | E Cig Atomizers and Good Prophets (usa liquid) GP USA Liquid . I still make about an aorder every month or so for cartos and such from GP they are my go to source for pretty much everything.
I Hope you find a device you enjoy, and there are enough liquids available to literaly make your mind boggle. Here's to the Journey. The destination is well worth the effort. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
wow guys thanks for the amazingly quick responses, i will check into the volt, but may also consider a mid size due to the the fact that i know the 510s are the most common thread...i really wasn't sure about refilling my own carts though, mainly due to mess or possibly needing to take them apart...

If you want a midsize, get a kgo.
Refilling a cartos is a snap, here's a video I did. Takes just a minute or two at most

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNzl5FUdctI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread