Another vape that shot its load on me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
I purchased the Geek Vape Aegis Boost a few weeks back. This is probably the 20th vape device that has stopped working on me. The micro usb port no longer takes a charge and I was gentle with it when charging it. I'm going to stick to vapes that use usb c charging from now on.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a vape decice that has a large enough battery for a full day of heavy vaping, uses usb c and had a large tank that will also hold enough juice for the day? Draw activation would be nice but it's not necessary. I also need something that is mouth to lung because I get a sore throat easily from vaping. Also, I'd much prefer the battery to be integrated in the device as opposed to having to put the battery in. There are too many options on the market and I can't decide which one to get so I would appreciate any help. Thanks so much in advance.

Reactions: Superuser187

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
how are you charging it? are you using like a 3a charger or something? you really should be using a 1a or even 0.5a would be better to charge your devices.

not saying that there's not a dud in every batch but if this is a continuous problem, then chances are it's the way in which you are charging the devices.
and well I know that you said you want a built-in battery instead of replaceable but as you've seen this is one of the downfalls of built-in battery mods...once the battery goes the mod is useless, whereas with replaceable batteries, just swap out for new batteries and you are good to go.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a vape decice that has a large enough battery for a full day of heavy vaping...that will also hold enough juice for the day?

Impossible to answer since you never told us...

1) how many milliliters you vape in a day
    2) how high a wattage you vape at

...at the very least.

How a person could go through 20 mods in 9 years is a mystery to me.

how are you charging it? are you using like a 3a charger or something? you really should be using a 1a or even 0.5a would be better to charge your devices.

Not really. Amps are pulled by the device (the mod), not pushed by the charger (wall wart, computer, etc.). Assuming the mod's charging circuitry is designed properly so that it will never pull more amperage than it can handle, you could use a charger with an output amperage 500 times higher than the mod's max charging input amperage and the mod would never pull more than it's max.

What you really need to pay attention to is the output voltage of the charger. Should never exceed 5 volts (for vape gear). But if it is a charger specifically designed for USB devices then it probably will never be rated for over 5 volts, but it's always good to check.

There are also hazards to using low amp changers that output lower amperage than the mod's max. Everything's a gamble which is why nothing should be charged while you're sleeping or not around and even chargers should be unplugged when not in use.

Last edited:

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Florida
    Thanks for everyone's replies. I decided to order the SMOK Scar P3 Pod Mod Starter Kit. Hopefully, I'll have better luck this time.

I vape at 15 watts. I probably go through 5 ml of juice a day.

I'm just using a regular charger that I bought at amazon. There's nothing special about it. It is interesting that my phone and tablet never have problems with the charger burning out. I suppose that's because most vapes are made as cheap as possible with cheap garbage parts from China. And it's not like vape companies are reputable and legit and will give you a new device like when you are returning something to amazon.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    It is interesting that my phone and tablet never have problems with the charger burning out. I suppose that's because most vapes are made as cheap as possible with cheap garbage parts from China.
    *giggles* no offense but you do realize that almost all phones and tablets are made in china with cheap parts....just sayin :lol::D

oh and um btw....smok is one of the worst rated as far as that goes....erm....but good luck.....

I would offer help but I don't do single battery mods or pods really so can't help much... I did however like the drag nano and swag px80 (edit, sorry the px80 is not an internal battery, forgot....)

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Florida
    *giggles* no offense but you do realize that almost all phones and tablets are made in china with cheap parts....just sayin :lol::D

oh and um btw....smok is one of the worst rated as far as that goes....erm....but good luck.....

I would offer help but I don't do single battery mods or pods really so can't help much... I did however like the drag nano and swag px80 (edit, sorry the px80 is not an internal battery, forgot....)

I guess I have been very lucky with my phone and tablet then. The Smok I ordered got good reviews.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    New Jersey, USA
    www.whichgun.com
    Replaceable batteries are definitely the way to go. There are plenty of pod mods with a single 18650 battery. You'll get better battery life, won't have to deal with an internal battery or the internal charging system failing, and they are only a tiny bit larger than the ones with 1500-2000 mAh internal batteries.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    And it's not like vape companies are reputable and legit and will give you a new device like when you are returning something to amazon.

Ummm, not true. A company sent me 2 replacement mods for the 2 they originally sent that were used and had me keep the original 2. So, yep... legit companies DO take care of their customers.

Yes, there have been, still are, many many many legit and reputable vape companies.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Florida
    Ummm, not true. A company sent me 2 replacement mods for the 2 they originally sent that were used and had me keep the original 2. So, yep... legit companies DO take care of their customers.

Yes, there have been, still are, many many many legit and reputable vape companies.

One of my mods broke and it took months to get a replacement.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: Superuser187

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    That ^^^^^^. :thumb:

Might be a new record, but if they were all Smok, who knows. :D :lol:

Yeah I know right? I thought the same when he up and said, "bought a smok!" like yep...that explains everything! Haha

I was getting a year out of cheap ego batteries bought off eBay back in the day... lol

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Florida
    Most people avoid Smok like the plague.

There was a time here when we saw 2-3 newbies posting each week about their broken and / or malfunctioning Smok something or other.
    Alright, jesus christ. You guys made your point. I bought a piece of .... mod.

pjmarkert

ECF Veteran
    Dec 13, 2013
    Lake View, NY
    I'm sure it got good good reviews. They work great, until they dont. I went through 3 Smok Mag 225w in 2 years before I learned. Try an Innokin Sceptre or a Freemax autopod 50.
    My Smok Majesty has been good for 2.5 years so far. 3 years on the G-Priv and still going. G-Priv was used when I bought it. Both of these work great with Zeus-X tanks.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread