Status
Not open for further replies.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
So I get a call from my wife on my cellphone while at work. I was talking to my father about a product for a customer so I ignored it. I walked into the shop to grab a sample to send to that customer and the secretary ran in the back telling me my wife was on the office phone and it was an emergency.

I answer the phone thinking something had happened to our son. She is in tears telling me she totaled the car. I run out of the shop, grab my keys, sunglasses and ProVari. I get to the scene and everyone is fine. No injuries and the car is badly damaged but I don't think it is totaled. Once I knew she and the other driver were OK I reached for my ProVari.

Then I realize I didn't grab my bug-out bag from my office. All I have is my ProVari and the Nova Mini on top. All of my other Novas and extra juice are still at work. The Nova had about a half ml of juice left in it. Here I am, standing at the accident scene, mad as hell (it was the other guy's fault as it is apparently hard to turn left) with almost nothing to vape. The car had 2 payments left before it was paid off. Luckily he had insurance (same company as mine) and we have rental car coverage to get us through so my wife can continue to get to work.

It actually took 10 minutes before I realized I was talking to the officer that responded while I vaped heavily. He never blinked an eye about it.

I truly believe the vape gods are smiling on me. I would have blown through a half pack, at least, dealing with that before. But a mostly empty Nova and my ProVari got me through it just fine.

Needless to say, I had to ditch that Nova head and put on a brand new one once I got home. I burned that baby down as far as I could. It tasted terrible at the end but I never caved. :)

If you took the time to read this, I apologize for the vent. I have been wound up ever since it happened and it was nice to get it off my chest. It is nice to have a place like this, with folks who understand, to come to when venting is necessary. I am not usually this high strung but lately life has been pretty hard on me and my family.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I have started to look at it as the Universe aligning against me to prove vaping is not a true substitute for smoking. And if there is one thing I am good at, it is proving people (or the Universe) wrong. When I see that someone wants me to cave, I will cut off my own finger to prove I will not.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I am hoping that I am sucking up some bad karma for other ECF members so they do not have to go through it. I keep my sanity on a daily basis by believing that my bad luck gives someone else good luck.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Luckily he had insurance (same company as mine)...

Hey, I've seen your commercial on TV!

Seriously, glad no one was injured and vaping got ya through...
thumbsup.gif

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
Its great news that everyone is ok but really does suck that so many unfortunate events have happened in the last few days.
At least you know that you can deal with stress without analogs :toast:

That is exactly the lesson I am taking from all of this. The cigs are gone. Never to be seen again. Damn what the world can throw at me. I am a vaper and that will never change! :)

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
I'm glad to hear no one was seriously hurt. Cars kill way more people than even analogs do...heh.

I have a feeling I'll need to get upgraded to something more sturdy, because something tells me if I had been in that similar situation with a half-full carto on a cig-alike that I wouldn't have fared so well. Perhaps a 50mL tank. Just in case. No harm in being prepared for whatever the universe throws at me.

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
I love how it was the order he grabbed things in. Clear priority.

1) Car keys. Can't get very far very fast without those.
2) Sunglasses. Yeah, gotta see to get where you're going.
3) Provari. LOL.
4) Celphone, first aid kit, wallet, insurance card, the family dog, the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, etc.

Maybe I should just pony up and get one of these Provaris if the vaping is THAT good. You totally forgot booze, cigs, guns and hookers man!

onry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
springfield,Illinois
i'm glad everything turned out ok with your wife. cars can be replaced.
when i leave home the first thing i do is get all my vape stuff then whatever paperwork
i need for the day my cell phone and laptop.My zmax is already in my jacket pocket keys are in the van.
i usually forget my house keys tho lol

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
Thanks everyone.

I call it my bug-out bag because it has everything I would need if I had to leave somewhere in a hurry. All my vaping stuff, extra contact lenses, copies of s few important documents, etc. I have had to bug out of a home before in an emergency and it sucked not to bad what I needed.

I don't think the car is totaled so I am probably not going to buy a new one. I am about to pay this one off and save a couple hundred bucks a month.

And yes, I do have my priorities. Keys and sunglasses or I can't drive. My eyes are sensitive to sunlight something terrible. And my ProVari because I knew there would be stress. I just gotta make sure I grab my bag next time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread