Provari couldn't handle this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
It went swimming this morning. My neighbor called and I grabbed the phone the provari did a flip head first into my coffee. The vivi nova mega handled it well. The provari not so much, the screen is fogged up and I'm sure cream and sugar isn't the greatest for it. Sent an email to provape will see what happens. Only had it a month and a half. Oh well. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
LOL, guess I will just chalk this up to another bad day! I filled it with iso and shook real well several times. It's drying now. For anyone -how long should I wait before turning it on and will the 18650 batts be okay if they get wet? The screen was clear after the bath.

Because of the electronics, I would give it a full 24 hours before loading the battery again. Pure ISO evaporates fairly quickly, but there is still a bit of water in that mix.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
"in the news this evening, a man's house was burned down when something called a provari suddenly burst into flames in his hand, and throwing it across the room where it smashed into a bottle of iso alcohol, he had left on the counter, when asked about the incident later at the hospital the man simply replied, urpp de derpp and had to be restrained..........................

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
a dessicant is used to help dry out your cell phone if it goes plop in some liquid. uncooked rice is a natural dessicant. im not sure if youd want to pour it into your provari as some grains might get stuck, but then again, it might work well. also, if it were me, i'd chuck the internal battery. using that puppy after it gets wet is a disaster waiting to happen. for the price, just replace the batt. peace of mind is worth $8.95 IMO. you can get it with free shipping here:
Elite Vaporworks Batteries and Chargers

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Take out the battery and go to Radio shack and buy something called electronic component cleaner. Spray out the inside real good from the battery side and then let it sit for a while to completely dry. I can imagine how much this must suck. I really like my Provari. Hope it all works out. Good idea on asking Provape. Like a friend of mine said they can't say yes if you don't ask. Never hurts.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
iso bath is done,no need for anything else.

Tomorrow it will fire right up no problemo.

No worries,I've lurking everywhere on this forum for about a year and you must be the 100th that made his provari take a bath,being while fishing or else :laugh:

Every time,they called provape and every time,iso bath was the answer and again,every time it fired right up.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

No worries,I've lurking everywhere on this forum for about a year and you must be the 100th that made his provari take a bath,being while fishing or else :laugh:

Every time,they called provape and every time,iso bath was the answer and again,every time it fired right up.

And then you realize why buying an expensive mil-spec piece of gear was worth it............

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States

I often take an iso bath myself when I can't get the stank out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread