anti e-cig commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
^^^ What ScottP said ^^^

Back in the day, I drove truck, and at that time Pet food manufactures had waaaaaay cleaner factories than human food plants.
Shoot, Firestone's tire plant looked like a lab compared to Carnation.

Yeah, but the tire plants didn't smell better than ....well anything. :ohmy:

(grew up in Goodyear Heights)

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I agree, but it would be nice to have a regulations on how juices are processed and in what setting. This should be standard for any business producing eliquid to sell. The FDA and governments will rain hell fire on the ecig community if something is found in a juice to be toxic or a nasty bacteria.

If it is regulated, they will only go after that one particular company, if it isn't, you better believe they will halt all the ejuice suppliers until they regulate it. The only ones that will be allowed to continue manufacturing will be companies like BigT who have the labs and standard safety practices already in place.

Have you heard about AEMSA?

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
I agree, but it would be nice to have a regulations on how juices are processed and in what setting. This should be standard for any business producing eliquid to sell. The FDA and governments will rain hell fire on the ecig community if something is found in a juice to be toxic or a nasty bacteria.

If it is regulated, they will only go after that one particular company, if it isn't, you better believe they will halt all the ejuice suppliers until they regulate it. The only ones that will be allowed to continue manufacturing will be companies like BigT who have the labs and standard safety practices already in place.

If your concerned about your ejuice vendor make your own! is easier and cheaper

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Have you heard about AEMSA?

All of us did briefly but to be honest with you I dont have much faith in them pursuing anything but their own agenda.

For any kind of regulatory e-juice association to be taken seriously they need to get the top e-juice manufacturers on board and also have a set of clearly defined goals and rules that all of those manufacturers can agree to.

I wouldnt call any of their members currently a "top-tier e-juice vendor". I also wouldnt make taking food coloring out of juices a top priority (even if I had an allergy to them like AEMSA's president). Bigger fish to fry and all that.....

Last edited:

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
Since there are tens of thousands of us vaping everyday I think I will reserve my health concerns until at least one of us goes to hospital for anything related to vaping. I have yet to hear of a single contamination issue with E-liquid. I hear of contamination and sickness from food on a regular basis. Bottom line: so far it appears what we vape is cleaner than what we eat.

psauf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Belleville, IL
OMG everyone stop what you're doing! AccuWeather said vaping is bad for you!
that's where it starts. one commercial then someone from a news outlet sees the commercial then they misinform the public and finally dumb laws are passed. while I do feel that certain standards should be in place with e-cigs I do NOT want the GOV to regulate

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
I just saw a commercial on our local weather station that basically said to stay away from e-cigs and stick with nic gum and the patch because of contaminates found in e-cigs. http ://www. accuweather.com/en/weather-video/video-smoke-alert-the-hidden-dangers-of-e-cigarettes/1708382397"]Smoke Alert: The Hidden Dangers of E-Cigarettes - AccuWeather. com this may be old news but i thought i would share for the newer people. FDA, the Gov and big tobacco are getting scared

This is very interesting and IRONIC as it was The Weather Channel that posted an ad that was my introduction to e-cigs. One of the rip off, prefilled cartos for $75.00/ month cig-a-like ads that I answered and got ripped a new ...@#$. It did lead me to ECF that set me straight. So what happened??

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The media in general is one of the biggest problems in America. They are no longer the watch dogs to help keep America safe and informed that they once were. Now they are nothing more than propaganda mercenaries, shilling for against whomever or whatever they are paid for. They could not care less about the people nor the truth. They only care about who is the highest bidder for their services.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
If you search the video title on You Tube it's there.

The contaminate she is referring to was from the FDA test. Diethylene Glycol, found in a small sample of the already small sample tested. It was NOT found in harmful amounts. And I doubt if any FDA regulation could've stopped that contamination any better than they have stopped anything else from being contaminated.
And since no DG has been found since (and only in that one cartridge sample) it is questionable how the tested DG got into the single contaminated cartridge. It's conceivable it could've come from the tobacco to make the nicotine or the place that made the PG. It is also conceivable it was a contaminate from the lab too.

There are some manufacturers who have actual labs that go way above and beyond what the FDA would require.

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
If it becomes regulated, then BigT WILL BE the only ones able to produce it....and they will NOT produce it at all. Why would they? By not producing it, it would drive a lot of us back to their primary product.

Why wouldn't they? VG is cheap, flavoring is cheap, since they deal with tobacco, nicotine concentrate is, well, cheap. They wouldn't have to blow so much money on lawsuits or lawyers. Smoking is on its way out with all the bans! Look at how much money we put out on the latest and greatest mods, batteries, atomizers, odds and ends! BT in my opinion, could thrive on e cigs, if they put quality in their product. Instead of pickers and a huge plant, all they need are mixers, machinists, and electricians.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
This is very interesting and IRONIC as it was The Weather Channel that posted an ad that was my introduction to e-cigs. One of the rip off, prefilled cartos for $75.00/ month cig-a-like ads that I answered and got ripped a new ...@#$. It did lead me to ECF that set me straight. So what happened??

The opposition paid more money.

Nuff said.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
If these ejuices are coming out of garages and makeshift setups, you're absolutely right. With the health concerns of smoking analogs and the uproar it would cause by millions of people they would never push back people to analogs unless they have a death wish. They will definately require applications for licensing though to continue to sell. These garage suppliers will have to buy from licensed companies for resale or have labs cut and process ejuices for them.

This will put vaping in the same cost range as traditional analogs.

I'm just saying these suppliers should have a lab setup, safety procedures that they can produce evidence of instead of "oh I make it in my garage or on my coffee table" if this ever does happen.

The above commercial is brought to you courtesy of AEMSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread