Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I would be concerned that for the sake of consistency they would make the limits 4mg and 2mg (the same as for the gum and lozenges).

I think Everyone agrees that if the Limit was that Low, it would not be effective.

So that means that Current Vapers would want to quit or go to 0mg and Current Smokers aren't going to want to switch.

And that isn't going to be good for the People who are selling or are Going to Be Selling e-Cigarettes and how ever e-liquids are going to be sold.

So the Limit will not be that Low.

Look at what Blu is Selling right Now. I could Definitely see a Regulated e-Cigarette Market that looks like that.

Only of course, at a Much Higher Price across the Board.

jerzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Florida, USA
I think Everyone agrees that if the Limit was that Low, it would not be effective.

So that means that Current Vapers would want to quit or go to 0mg and Current Smokers aren't going to want to switch.

And that isn't going to be good for the People who are selling or are Going to Be Selling e-Cigarettes and how ever e-liquids are going to be sold.

So the Limit will not be that Low.

Look at what Blu is Selling right Now. I could Definitely see a Regulated e-Cigarette Market that looks like that.

Only of course, at a Much Higher Price across the Board.

I couldn't see a much higher price across the board because the same thing will happen, they will buy them to quit, not continue to vape.

Now I could see them only selling 12 or 18mg to keep everyone still addicted to nicotine.

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
OH there may be contaminates in ejuices? Really? There are "contaminates" found in EVERYTHING! The FDA publishes a book on Defect action levels which is basically the amount of contaminates that can be present in your FOOD before something must be done.

Here are some excerpts from the OFFICIAL FDA WEBSITE:

Add to this the findings of a recent study that showed almost ONE HALF of the countries High Fructose Corn Syrup contained MERCURY! Which is toxic in all of it's forms and is considered so dangerous that if you spill some you need a hazmat team to clean it up. This is in the sweetener used in nearly everything sweet that we eat and/or drink. All those sodas you drink and store bought cookies you eat, probably contain mercury.

So yeah, if they want to scare me by crying about "contaminates" they are going to need to be WAY more specific, finding something more dangerous than mercury, and even more unsavory than the examples I posted above. Otherwise it is just the same old standard crap (literally) we are already being fed daily. Good luck with that.

YIKES!!!!:shock:

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
That's not the point. The point is, if something happens, countless people will go back to analogs.

I'm sorry but that is pure b.S.
I was a pack a day smoker for 35 years. I got an ecig, weaned myself off nicotine over the course of six months.
I WILL NEVER EVER SMOKE ANOTHER ANALOG AGAIN!
I vape 0 nic, usually just plain VG with distilled water.
I've said this here at least 100 times: IF you don't want to be enslaved to BT or BP anymore WEAN YOURSELF OFF NICOTINE. It can be done, especially if you do it 1 or even 1/2 mil at a time. If you are worried about needing nicotine buy a small amount put it in a glass bottle and freeze it.
Jerzi I see you are very new here. More than half the points you've raised have be discussed here many times over the years ad nauseum. It really drives me nuts sometimes when new folks like you come here and don't seem to bother to read ANY of the older posts before jumping in with both feet.
It's cheap and absurdly easy to make your own liquid. Learn how to do it and you won't have to worry about any outrageous crap the FDA pulls.
I plan to spend my weekend gathering up all my old nic and pitching it into the trash. I am truly free. I hardly even vape any more.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I read that there was also a lot of nicotine waste from tobacco manufacturers and was sold off for insecticide uses. I'm wondering what amount this is and if it is able to be used after being refined, if you know anywhere I could read about this process, I would appreciate the info.

It would make sense that they would have extra because nicotine content is another area they need consistency. And as far as some brands process the tobacco into nothing that resembles tobacco it's probably not that much further to take it to extract, assuming they don't already.

I was inquiring on the wasted nicotine, I'm assuming that was lost in the curing process as I'm not familiar how it is actually done. It was sold off to use as insecticide for crops also with a tobacco powder, not sure if that was another waste from the curing process?

Oh, the curing is easy, it's basically aging. Hang it up in a hot house is one way. Pressure and heat is another. Smoking is another (as in meat, not a cigarette). Perique is an interesting one that is fermented. No nicotine would be wasted in that kind of real curing. I don't think any tobacco makes it to auction completely uncured.

But what some cigarette manufacturers do is grind up what they get at auction to a pulp and then dry it out into sheets so every piece is consistent and the whole batch tastes exactly the same.

jerzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Florida, USA
I'm sorry but that is pure b.S.
I was a pack a day smoker for 35 years. I got an ecig, weaned myself off nicotine over the course of six months.
I WILL NEVER EVER SMOKE ANOTHER ANALOG AGAIN!
I vape 0 nic, usually just plain VG with distilled water.
I've said this here at least 100 times: IF you don't want to be enslaved to BT or BP anymore WEAN YOURSELF OFF NICOTINE. It can be done, especially if you do it 1 or even 1/2 mil at a time. If you are worried about needing nicotine buy a small amount put it in a glass bottle and freeze it.

Jerzi I see you are very new here. More than half the points you've raised have be discussed here many times over the years ad nauseum. It really drives me nuts sometimes when new folks like you come here and don't seem to bother to read ANY of the older posts before jumping in with both feet.
It's cheap and absurdly easy to make your own liquid. Learn how to do it and you won't have to worry about any outrageous crap the FDA pulls.
I plan to spend my weekend gathering up all my old nic and pitching it into the trash. I am truly free. I hardly even vape any more.

I was responding to a post, if that nauseates you I'm not sure why you would even quote my post unless it was out of anger and frustration and honestly that helps nobody.

I'm glad you have broke the addiction and create your own liquids, I have done the same in the past at 0% nic levels, but you are making a generalized statement that because you could quit, anyone can, and that's not really fair. I enjoy vaping and if I needed to mix my own liquids without nicotine I'd be ok with it, as I've done in the past. I've smoked analogs for 20 years and have quit numerous times, but I enjoy nicotine just as people enjoy caffeine.

I'm abiding by the forum rules and replying to posts I find interesting, I'm not sure why that is an issue.

jerzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Florida, USA
It would make sense that they would have extra because nicotine content is another area they need consistency. And as far as some brands process the tobacco into nothing that resembles tobacco it's probably not that much further to take it to extract, assuming they don't already.

Would this nicotine extraction process to keep the batch content consistent be viable to produce nicotine that would be on a consumer market level I guess is what I'm asking?

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I couldn't see a much higher price across the board because the same thing will happen, they will buy them to quit, not continue to vape.

Now I could see them only selling 12 or 18mg to keep everyone still addicted to nicotine.

Trust me on this.

E-Liquid, in whatever form, is going to cost Much More in a Regulated Market than it does Now. That is a Given.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Would this nicotine extraction process to keep the batch content consistent be viable to produce nicotine that would be on a consumer market level I guess is what I'm asking?

My guess would be yes since it is extracted (and put back in) in the process of making a consumable. It's just not extracted to pharmaceutical standards so it can't be sold like that.

jerzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Florida, USA
Trust me on this.

E-Liquid, in whatever form, is going to cost Much More in a Regulated Market than it does Now. That is a Given.

I can see that if states start imposing a tax on it. I believe one state was trying to implement a 5 cent tax per mL in south carolina was it?. It's hard to say if it would be a lot more though because people would just pass it by instead of trying them. Njoy has 33% of the share right now so I know for one they want to keep the cost as low as possible.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I can see that if states start imposing a tax on it. I believe one state was trying to implement a 5 cent tax per mL in south carolina was it?. It's hard to say if it would be a lot more though because people would just pass it by instead of trying them. Njoy has 33% of the share right now so I know for one they want to keep the cost as low as possible.

There is going to be Both State and Federal Taxes. Plus there is going to be an Increase in Production costs.

It's a Lot Cheaper to mix e-Liquids in a Tub with a Boat Oar than it will be to Comply with a Long List of Local, State and Federal Regulations.

jerzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Florida, USA
My guess would be yes since it is extracted (and put back in) in the process of making a consumable. It's just not extracted to pharmaceutical standards so it can't be sold like that.

I think I understand now, the process which they extract for consistency in creating the tobacco is different from how they extract for a pharmaceutical grade nicotine.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
There is going to be Both State and Federal Taxes. Plus there is going to be an Increase in Production costs.

It's a Lot Cheaper to mix e-Liquids in a Tub with a Boat Oar than it will be to Comply with a Long List of Local, State and Federal Regulations.

Exactly why I'm sitting on 6000ml of nic solution neatly packed away in my freezer .. probably a 25 year supply for me ..

I may end up buying a trenchcoat and standing on the corner whipping it open as folks pass by "Wanna buy some nic, man .. ??"

jerzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Florida, USA

Well said. Send me some of that bath tub mix, if you ever make it :laugh:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Exactly why I'm sitting on 6000ml of nic solution neatly packed away in my freezer .. probably a 25 year supply for me ..

Unfortunately my FreezerS are packed too full of meat and treats to make room for that much nic juice. :(
I just have to hope I will still be able to get it later.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well said. Send me some of that bath tub mix, if you ever make it :laugh:

Sure Thing...

I think the Wood from the Oar helps with Steeping.

Cheaper.
1009_turner_stir.jpg

More Expensive.
72814290.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread