Status
Not open for further replies.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Well the flavoring is almost always pg based so there usually a small margin of pg in your mixes. I do 9% flavoring mixed with vg and vg based nicotine. works very well. my pride and joy is 3% french vanilla, 3% vanilla bourbon and 3% caramel. So nice, very dark juice though, just the right amount of harshness and the caramel gives it that buttery salty aftertaste

DT Artisan

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 19, 2014
Florida, USA
www.mysticdriptips.com
Well the flavoring is almost always pg based so there usually a small margin of pg in your mixes. I do 9% flavoring mixed with vg and vg based nicotine. works very well. my pride and joy is 3% french vanilla, 3% vanilla bourbon and 3% caramel. So nice, very dark juice though, just the right amount of harshness and the caramel gives it that buttery salty aftertaste

Very Nice! :vapor:

I've been using organic flavorings so I think they're suspended in alcohol. Yep, nothing beats the pure VG nicotine base. Makes mixing up a batch quick and easy.

Brian

melodiousThunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
san francisco
Yeah, me too. 4-5 years since I gave up on PG after a throat irritation I'd incurred with a heavy day's vaping. Now I find that I cannot tolerate the bitter taste of PG, and a lot of PG-based flavorings are too chemically or fake-tasting for my preference. Obviously my palate has become acclimated to the sweetness of VG, but I don't think that accounts for the entire reaction of my taste buds. I have been cooking since I was quite young, have worked as a chef, & my palate's always been kind of sensitive.

I have enjoyed a couple of high VG (80/20) commercial flavors, but generally speaking, I am underwhelmed (or repelled :p ) by the vast number of PG mix juices that have emerged like mushrooms over the last year. When I mix, I use VG, water and/or alcohol-based flavor emulsions — some are my own concoctions and some purchased. The average percentage is about 90/10 VG/H2O/flavoring, sometimes with traces of PG, though most of the flavor is in the H2O after the alcohol evaporates.

DT Artisan

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 19, 2014
Florida, USA
www.mysticdriptips.com
Yeah, me too. 4-5 years since I gave up on PG after a throat irritation I'd incurred with a heavy day's vaping. Now I find that I cannot tolerate the bitter taste of PG, and a lot of PG-based flavorings are too chemically or fake-tasting for my preference. Obviously my palate has become acclimated to the sweetness of VG, but I don't think that accounts for the entire reaction of my taste buds. I have been cooking since I was quite young, have worked as a chef, & my palate's always been kind of sensitive.

I have enjoyed a couple of high VG (80/20) commercial flavors, but generally speaking, I am underwhelmed (or repelled :p ) by the vast number of PG mix juices that have emerged like mushrooms over the last year. When I mix, I use VG, water and/or alcohol-based flavor emulsions — some are my own concoctions and some purchased. The average percentage is about 90/10 VG/H2O/flavoring, sometimes with traces of PG, though most of the flavor is in the H2O after the alcohol evaporates.

Same here...

Some flavors come across to me, as too sweet because of the 100% VG. The sweetness REALLY gets overwhelming if my carto is over 4 days old. So I now change it out on the 4th day. Seems to be the fruity flavors/concentrates. So I've backed way off on the percentage I add, since I like the natural "fruity" stuff. At first the alcohol suspension was burning my sinuses too, so now I leave the lid off my juice for a day or two so it can evaporate.

Lately I've been using the Nautilus Aspire tank with the bottom coil thingy, although I have to soak the coil overnight in my juice to prime it good beforehand. It then wicks like a champ and will last me a week before getting funky. :vapor:

Brian

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I try to avoid pg as much as possible because it dehydrates the body. Never knew dehydration is a major cause of cramps and joint pain. Has anyone noticed pain in calf muscles or foot ever since they started vaping?

Another reason for this COULD be because the metabolite of PG is lactic acid, which is what gives the "burn" in overused muscles. Not saying this is why you are getting it, but it could be.

I am also not a fan of PG, and therefore IF I vape a flavored juice, it is often 5% flavoring or less. PG just dries me out too much, and if I ignore it things get even worse. For me %flavor + %water = ~22%, with the rest VG and nic, works well for almost any rig I have. My Kayfin prefers even higher water content.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Another reason for this COULD be because the metabolite of PG is lactic acid, which is what gives the "burn" in overused muscles. Not saying this is why you are getting it, but it could be.

Very good point. Lactic acid is actually the main cause of Gout, pain at the bottom portion of the feet. That is what I am experiencing with too much pg.

Edit/Correction: never mind. Gout is caused by uric acid, not lactic acid....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread