Any 4-5v regulated big batteries out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
Ive looked around for one. I have an ego 900mah vv but around half charge i can definitely tell the voltage drops off. Useing it has definitely convinced me i need 4v+ in my life in portable form thats consistent start to finish. I really would love a provari but the pricetag is out of my range. Do i have any alternative?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
4.8 NiHm battery and charger from the same place.
This 4.8v battery from Madvapes can be used in any mod that takes an 18650 battery.
I have been seriously considering picking one of these up for awhile now.

Don't know if it's regulated though, but I'm thinking it isn't.
I think maybe the only batteries that are regulated are the eGo and 510 Joye batteries.

Someone will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong.
:)

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
The Madvapes 4.8v battery is NIMH, and only rated at 600 mah; not a whole lot. They are 4 pretty small NIMH cells in series. Takes a special charger, too. I would expect such a small cell to definitely suffer a voltage drop while vaping. The Madvapes VV box mod is pretty cheap, and will give you a constant voltage. I built a box mod with Madvapes parts, and it works really well; lasts me all day. During the day when I want a harder hit, I can simply turn it up a little. The box is well worth the price. Would recommend a voltmeter for checking the voltage, though. I have noticed that when I set the voltage output on mine, even when vaping there is NO voltage drop; in fact, it actually increases about .01 volt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread