Any advice on getting GGTS button to be consistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Cape Coral,Florida
I'm not positive but I don't think so. We use NO OX ID "A" at work for connections supporting 5000-10,000 amp power plants.
You should be able to find it in the electrical section of Home Depot. Let me know if you can't find it...I'll send you a sample to try.

edit: and I just received word from Imeo that he is sending brass springs with the GGTS/UFS order.:)

I use DeoxIT gold series products. With great results on conductive performance on all my equipment. I do use Nolox at work on 480v and higher for longevity of the connection in adverse climates.

moepmoep

Jun 26, 2012
Osnabrueck Germany
new springs that I send to Bruce are brass river. Exept Bruce still sells the old ones

Hey Imeo, what material where the springs that where preinstalled in the current batch GGTS? because i noticed that mine is magnetic and there is the yellow color coming off after 4 days of use.

Brass plated steel?

8yf0ra.jpg

Luckily i put some brass springs on preorder too, that where really brass.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I dont know about witch batch you are talking moep, but the batch that I send to Bruce before 1 week has brass springs
Hey Imeo, what material where the springs that where preinstalled in the current batch GGTS? because i noticed that mine is magnetic and there is the yellow color coming off after 4 days of use.

Brass plated steel?

8yf0ra.jpg

Luckily i put some brass springs on preorder too, that where really brass.

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
  • Deleted by imeothanasis

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85

gsa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2009
No its not, No Ox Id is a conductive grease. Use very little and wipe most off. Noalox is non-conductive and gums up everything you put it on. Throw it out.

Noalox has zinc which is conductive. 10x more conductive than stainless steel in fact. There are indeed things than work better but for the application here, it is perfectly fine. I 100% agree with you about the gumming, but a periodic cleaning takes care of this, you do clean your ggts right? :p

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
I clean mine every time I change the coil and Noalox gummed mine up big time. Won't use it again and if I remember correctly Imeo also advised against using Noalox. Pardon me Imeo if I'm wrong but I think I'm correct.
Noalox has zinc which is conductive. 10x more conductive than stainless steel in fact. There are indeed things than work better but for the application here, it is perfectly fine. I 100% agree with you about the gumming, but a periodic cleaning takes care of this, you do clean your ggts right? :p

mrgoodwrench2u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Toledo, Ohio . U.S.A.
Ok calm down...lol. You realy need to use the right stuff for the job. That Noalox is not for electrical , it is for conduit pipe anti corrosion.

You need to use siliconized dielectric gel , the stuff you use on electrical applications.

So if you ever put spark plug wires on your car / boat / motor cycle ,ect..., you should use the siliconized dielectric gel on the wire connection to the plug, put in the rubber boot cup and connect. Tha same at the other end at the distributer cap and coil.

Also use it on light bulbs and sockets, battery connections , ect...It is a great lubricant and air , moisture , dirt , seal.
And is non-conductive.

There is a conductive grease that is Silver-based thermal grease contains highly conductive metal particles. However I'm thinking that would wear threads out !

For a thread lube on electrical I would use the siliconized dielectric gel or silicon dielectric gel or dielectric grease.

But me , I'm the guy that uses plain ole 100% pure petroleum jelly like vaseline , not K-Y jelly......lol

PEACE -&- Best Wishes

mrgoodwrench2u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Toledo, Ohio . U.S.A.

You need to be nice !!! You do Not even know who your talking to. Being smart like that saying ; (you do clean your ggts right?). Was Not Necessary.

Dspin has the cleanest , the most shiny mods in the world and here on ECF !!! Weather or not it is made of , Nickel , Brass , Aluminum ,
Stainless Steel , Titaniuam , ect. , no matter. And this Dspin IS KNOWN FOR ! ! ! and He is a great guy and good friend to many ,,many people here on ECF.

Let's be nice and helpful.

gsa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2009
You need to be nice !!! You do Not even know who your talking to. Being smart like that saying ; (you do clean your ggts right?). Was Not Necessary.

Dspin has the cleanest , the most shiny mods in the world and here on ECF !!! Weather or not it is made of , Nickel , Brass , Aluminum ,
Stainless Steel , Titaniuam , ect. , no matter. And this Dspin IS KNOWN FOR ! ! ! and He is a great guy and good friend to many ,,many people here on ECF.

Chill. Did you somehow miss the smiley bud? I was being helpful, Noalox will improve the firing of the OP's button without the slightest doubt in my mind. It will however gunk it up a bit and make cleaning take a touch longer. It works for me and I the couple extra minutes cleaning a month is not a big concern for me.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY

Think you're looking too much into one sentence, and I'm pretty sure he was joking around.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
yes, noalox doesnt offer something to our needs and its messy too smitty. When all people were recommending noalox I did the opossite
I clean mine every time I change the coil and Noalox gummed mine up big time. Won't use it again and if I remember correctly Imeo also advised against using Noalox. Pardon me Imeo if I'm wrong but I think I'm correct.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I think that if you clean your GGTS is more than enough gsa. I dont see a reason for noalox if we clean our GGTS regularly. For example, noalox cant do anything on dirty surfaces. So before you put noalox you have to clean your GGTS. But if you clean it first then you dont need noalox:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
gsa had no bad intensions Mr, no worries

gsa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2009
All I know is that my ggts fires perfectly every single time I press the button, before noalox that was simply not the case regardless of how clean everything was and my fingers got a little sore from mashing the button. Pressing it off to the side a bit like someone suggested does work but is not so ergonomic of a solution for me anyways. Just sharing what worked for me and it is oly a $3 proposition so not much to lose by giving it a shot. I do have new fuse kit on preorder and I am looking forward to that, perhaps as Imeo suggest it will solve any firing issues I have had in past.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread