• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any problems with Canada Customs importing hardware from US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Hi.Has anyone had any problems ordering hardware from the US recently I.E Canada Customs seizures or packages sent back to sellers? Thanks. Shane

I order my batteries from California - never had a problem yet. I've got a shipment inbound this week as a matter of fact.

Worst case scenario would be getting assessed for GST - the $9.99 processing fee is usually more than the actual GST itself :rolleyes:

shanedog

Mar 27, 2012
Canada
I order my batteries from California - never had a problem yet. I've got a shipment inbound this week as a matter of fact.

Worst case scenario would be getting assessed for GST - the $9.99 processing fee is usually more than the actual GST itself :rolleyes:
Hi,thanks for your reply.So are you saying they could charge both GST & the processing fee or one or the other? Thanks

Reactions: ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Hi,thanks for your reply.So are you saying they could charge both GST & the processing fee or one or the other? Thanks

One of two things will happen:

1) your package will make it through with no charges at all

or

2) your package will be charged GST plus a processing fee.

I got some DIY flavours in from Ecigexpress a few weeks ago. They charged $4.20 GST plus a $9.99 processing fee.
I've ordered batteries 4 times in the last year or so and all of them have made it in with no charges.

It's a crap shoot. The higher the value of the shipment the better the odds are it'll catch their attention.

Reactions: Ryedan

shanedog

Mar 27, 2012
Canada
One of two things will happen:

1) your package will make it through with no charges at all

or

2) your package will be charged GST plus a processing fee.

I got some DIY flavours in from Ecigexpress a few weeks ago. They charged $4.20 GST plus a $9.99 processing fee.
I've ordered batteries 4 times in the last year or so and all of them have made it in with no charges.

It's a crap shoot. The higher the value of the shipment the better the odds are it'll catch their attention.
Hi ceeceeisme.In the case of your package that was held,Were the contents listed on the package itself?

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Hi ceeceeisme.In the case of your package that was held,Were the contents listed on the package itself?

Yes, they declared it as "FLAVORING". That could be why it got flagged for an inspection. Checking for e-liquid containing nicotine, no doubt.

The batteries never seem to get looked at - I ordered 10 this time so I'll see later this week what happens with that shipment.

shanedog

Mar 27, 2012
Canada
Yes, they declared it as "FLAVORING". That could be why it got flagged for an inspection. Checking for e-liquid containing nicotine, no doubt.

The batteries never seem to get looked at - I ordered 10 this time so I'll see later this week what happens with that shipment.
Thanks ceeceeisme,I think you've told me all I need to know. Cheers Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread