The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Any problems with Canada Customs importing hardware from US?

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by shanedog, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. shanedog

shanedog Full Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Canada
    Hi.Has anyone had any problems ordering hardware from the US recently I.E Canada Customs seizures or packages sent back to sellers? Thanks. Shane

• Like Like x 1
  2. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    I know juice can be a problem ... hardware can cause duty charges to kick in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I order my batteries from California - never had a problem yet. I've got a shipment inbound this week as a matter of fact.

Worst case scenario would be getting assessed for GST - the $9.99 processing fee is usually more than the actual GST itself :rolleyes:

4. shanedog

shanedog Full Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Canada
    Hi,thanks for your reply.So are you saying they could charge both GST & the processing fee or one or the other? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. ceeceeisme

One of two things will happen:

1) your package will make it through with no charges at all

or

2) your package will be charged GST plus a processing fee.

I got some DIY flavours in from Ecigexpress a few weeks ago. They charged $4.20 GST plus a $9.99 processing fee.
    I've ordered batteries 4 times in the last year or so and all of them have made it in with no charges.

It's a crap shoot. The higher the value of the shipment the better the odds are it'll catch their attention.

• Like Like x 1
  6. shanedog

shanedog Full Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Canada
    Hi ceeceeisme.In the case of your package that was held,Were the contents listed on the package itself?

• Like Like x 1
  7. ceeceeisme

Yes, they declared it as "FLAVORING". That could be why it got flagged for an inspection. Checking for e-liquid containing nicotine, no doubt.

The batteries never seem to get looked at - I ordered 10 this time so I'll see later this week what happens with that shipment.

8. shanedog

shanedog Full Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Canada
    Thanks ceeceeisme,I think you've told me all I need to know. Cheers Shane

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blaine mCl

Blaine mCl New Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Buy Canadian. It’s always best. Who wants to pay duty and brokerage fees for juice and hardware you can get here. I get my stuff at togetherwesmoke.ca Good stuff indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.