any serious site that sells efest 14500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
On electronics no problem although I don't think it can handle high drain. The danger of these batteries are when there is a short. They vent and might explode which imr don't do supposedly. So just take extra care not to short. If it is getting hot you should stop using it because it is not safe chemistry.

Vinnyngo69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2012
Australia
I sure have used them both buddy, I would not say anything in this thread otherwise. You know me Imeo :)

My first pair of AW IMR 18500 is still working after more than 2 years of use, although now they only hold around 80% of the full charge, but this is quality if you ask me. Considering I have been using sub-ohm coils with them.

My experience with Efest is very bad. Out of 8 batts I bought, 3 died within 3-4 months, others are stress out and won't hold charge as long as AW due to sub-ohm coils that I use.

FYI: I use the same Soshine charger for both types of batteries and Soshine is one of the best brand chargers on the market.

For me, I am still saying AW batts all the way.....

have you tried both of them vinny? And if yes, why you say that aw are better?

Zebassis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2012
Sandy Hook CT
When I first started vaping 2 years ago I bought 4 AW IMR 18650's 4 AW IMR 18490's and 4 AW IMR 18350's. They are all still going strong despite bi-daily use, though as someone pointed out they probably only hold about 80% of their charge now.

I recently grabbed 4 efest 18490's about 2 months ago. They are still going strong, and I'm happy with them.

I use all of them in my GGTS's and provari's and tomorrow my new ZNA :) I usually run my odysseus, penelopes, UFS and ithaca at about 1.3 and have no problems with any of these batteries.

I will say as I buy more which I think I need to do I'll go for AW IMR's again.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
yes, I know you buddy, thats why I asked you for more info. Thank you very much for your answer:)
I sure have used them both buddy, I would not say anything in this thread otherwise. You know me Imeo :)

My first pair of AW IMR 18500 is still working after more than 2 years of use, although now they only hold around 80% of the full charge, but this is quality if you ask me. Considering I have been using sub-ohm coils with them.

My experience with Efest is very bad. Out of 8 batts I bought, 3 died within 3-4 months, others are stress out and won't hold charge as long as AW due to sub-ohm coils that I use.

FYI: I use the same Soshine charger for both types of batteries and Soshine is one of the best brand chargers on the market.

For me, I am still saying AW batts all the way.....

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
also, are efest any better than aw or there is no reason to make proteus 1mm longer?

This is just my humble opinion but here goes.

I personally would design the mod to work with more then 1 brand of battery. If heaven forbid something were to happen and AW's werent available then unless people had a stockpile they wouldn't be able to vape. Also that extra 1mm of play could help with battery length variations. Maybe it is just me but I would rather have a very slightly larger mod that was more forgiving with the batteries I decide to use.

Like I said this is just my opinion.

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
Those r the black Efest I have been using the last 6 month every day.
On the label there written CE Rhos and IMR what ever this value.
All made in china,but there is not too much of alternative
when it come to batteries.
Right!
Know I'll keep the reds AW for the wife as there suppose to be safer.
Any way every 1 year I change to new batteries even if the old ones working!
So I watch for news and developments.

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
Ha ha :laugh:but lol but we need the wife well and safe. ;)
So the 8x18650 AW's I have are for her first.

Now I look for something new on the market that can give better or
same performance of the Black EFest's
With the higher ohm 1.5-1.7 ohms that I use,I can't lower the ohms with some of my
Complex tobacco vapes as I loose important flavor notes.
Those on low ohms become too sweet too Carmel'ish and sickly un tasty.
Must keep the higher ohm coils,so the battery must keep drive power for long
Burst on this coils.
When VIR will come,that will be hopefully the solution for this,though I'm not gonna give up
On my engraved tubes,I like so much. ;)

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Its, these black efest are safe since they are IMR. I was talking about the ones with golden labels. Anyway anything that doesn't say IMR is not safe. Exceptions are the hybrids like Panasonic CGR18650CH, the panasonics ncr18650pd and ncr18650pf, the smsungs INR and the sony's VTC's. I am not sure these are safe chemistry but they are high drain hybrids and for sure safer than li-ion.

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
Ok great thanks for the update,I was allready starting to look for batteries,as I do
Take your advices in priority.

Know I so it also stating on there web site that they are LiMn.

So if we secure on that then I must say again they perform way better for the setups that I have.
I will not change to those with gold label,thanks again on that.

Also ther is new comercial banner on there web regarding the new LiMn purple that coming to market
On 2014.
So I'll stay with my IMR and wait for this LiMn purple not as I need those extra discharge amp,
But maybe if it's capable of such it is safer???

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
Here
That's the one that catch my eye,though it's not availble yet.
It's LiMn and it stating some breakthrough amp discharge on the
Smaller batteries 18350 but I don't there 14500, maybe they have
It also.
But mybe Imeo as GG president can get to test such a new ???
Maybe Better to ask them.

Last edited:

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
The only realy safe batteries are the LI-MN. High drain means nothing if you have no LI-MN batts. Full stop :)
"Safe chemistry LiMN means no risk of venting with flame or explosion"

For sure stelios, this is given. But the hybrids i talked about have something to do with temperature detection without the use of PCB protection. So they are unprotected in the usual sense but protected by some technology they use. I am no expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread