Any tricks for increasing vapor production on a 901?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be having trouble lately getting enough vapor out of my 901s. I have three atomizers and three batteries; no combination of the three has been satisfactory lately. The batteries are fully charged (4-hour+ charge times, anyways; green light for awhile). I've tried washing the atomizers a few times; it helps for maybe a little while. I've also been cycling through various liquids, both PG and VG.

Any other tricks I should try?

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Nullbyte, how old are your batteries? If you've been using all of them for a while, it may be that they are getting tired out, and even when "fully" charged just not putting out as much power as they used to, or losing power very fast.

I'm convinced that good power is really the key to good vapor production, assuming, of course, that your atomizers are healthy. I think that's why so many of us are so happy with USB passthroughs, manual switches and especially the screwdriver or similar mods with better batteries. For me, I didn't know how great the vapor production could be until I got my screwdriver. Furthermore, after about a month with it, the two original batteries that came with it are putting out less, and I can immediately tell the difference when I put in one of the newer spare batteries I stocked up with (thank goodness they are cheap).

All PG on this cart... no significant improvement, if any. I'm starting to wonder if it's more a lack of throat hit than a lack of vapor (though to be sure, there's not a whole lot of vapor, either). I'm just not getting that satisfying drag.

On the batteries -- two are about 3 weeks old, and one is brand new (2 days).. Doesn't seem to be any difference between them. I'm hoping it is just a power delivery issue... my Screwdriver should arrive in the next week or so :) I'm planning to nab one of those USB passthroughs as well -- another solid alternative can't hurt.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Quality is probably the main thing. I notice performance problems between different suppliers PG. So I have no doubt about quality.

There is a post some where here where someone had shown proof about mixing the PG and VG. Probably around 5 weeks ago, because I read it about the time I got my first ecig.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../3972-why-johnsons-creek-clogs-atomizers.html

Bertrand managed to occasionally recreate the gloopy stuff that he thought was the problem with some Johnson Creek batches.

My understanding is that his initial theory was that it was to do with propylene oxide contamination of propylene glycol having a chemical reaction with glycerine.

He was unable to reproduce the gloop reliably and finally wasn't sure what caused it. It didn't add up to me that it would be the problem with JC because the gloop was also being found in batches without pg.

I use pg and glycerine mixed and have had no problems. There is also some glycerine in most commercial pg based eliquids.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
PG and VG are mixed in the commercial liquids. I've done it for about six months without problems. VG is sweeter and makes denser vapor. PG is germ-killing and neutral in taste. Take your pick. Pillbox's lab report recommended he switch from PG to VG for his Wicked liquids. And Sedanza is, apparently, doing the same.

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
If anyone's still here, anything on Puresmokers juice? I'm getting ready to order some tonight.

I haven't cleaned my atomizer once for four weeks and it vapes good as long as the battery is charged. But I don't drip.

BTW: how are we supposed to clean an atomizer say for a pen style? I just lightly blow it out when I remember. Every 5 carts or so or when it starts making that hissing sound.

Any info would be appreciated.

Bug

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread