Any vendors selling this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedateme

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Bismarck, ND
I'm sure my eGo clone was produced in a chinese factory and it works great. But a variable voltage device is a bit more sophisticated, and we may see problems with the cheaper electronic components that chinese factories are notorious for using. I'm just saying I'm not going to be the first in line for this one. Take it as you will.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
And hey, multiple buttons. All the good reviews on the ProVari definitely piqued my interest, but the single button for menus was really a turn off.

Just press the button 237 times, wait a while -- but not too long! -- and then press it 142 more times for 5 volts.

Provari doesn't work like this at all, I can flip through that menu and change voltage or whatever I want to as fast as someone can click a Ego VV to change the voltage.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Provari doesn't work like this at all, I can flip through that menu and change voltage or whatever I want to as fast as someone can click a Ego VV to change the voltage.

Maybe in practice it's easier than it seems. In that (vendor) video I linked, though, he describes the various actions. Actual quote, "To decrease the voltage, press the button seven times, and the power down indicator will appear on the screen. After 2 seconds, the current voltage is displayed, and you may continue pressing the button until the desired voltage is reached."
ProVari Menu Tour - YouTube

"To check the ohms resistance of an attached atomizer, press the button 13 times until the atomizer ohms indicator is displayed. After 2 seconds, the device will show you the ohms reading of your atomizer."
ProVari Menu Tour - YouTube

Just sayin' that a 'menu', '+', and '-' that are distinct from the firing button seem like they'd be easier to use. Honestly, though, a twist knob that only changes voltage (still digitally) would probably be better than either. I imagine that's 90% of what one would want to do.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Jeeeeez... I remember when multi-tasking was hitting the ALT-CTL-DEL keys all at the same time!
old.gif

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Gotvapes has had VV Ego type Batts for a while now, Drew over @ NHaler also has them too !

She wasn't talking about that type of an ego batt. The one we're talking about here is the
EGO-3/Lava Tube:

VV electronic cigarette!!!variable voltage ecig named EGO-3 - Detailed info for VV electronic cigarette!!!variable voltage ecig named EGO-3,VV electronic cigarette,VV electronic cigarette!!!variable voltage ecig named EGO-3,ego-3 on Alibaba.com

Check it out. It seems pretty interesting.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
:vapor:

I am looking for information regarding who is selling this item. From starting this thread I know that Volcano has a version of the L-rider. (Upcoming product.)

This particular unit will be variable from 3.0- 6.0 volts I may be picky who I purchase it from. My intentions is only to find a reputable vendor in the U.S. that sells this product.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
the provari button thing is highly overexagerated, and usually it is done by people who don't have a provari.

Very true, it quickly becomes second nature to navigate through the menu's. I do think the Lavatube will be good for those wanting to get into VV. Will be curious to see how they hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread