Anybody else see the new Vuse ad yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So I was watching TV and I just saw an ad for Vuse, which is own by RJ Renoylds if I'm not mistaken. It seems that unlike Blu, they're taking very subtle shots at the industry we know. They claim to be the "first vapor cigarette to be made in the USA by 'tobacco experts'." They go on to say "welcome to tomorrow." This seems important because they're using the same advertising tactics as somebody like Green Nicotine only much more subtle: trying to make themselves look like the "quality professionally made" product while the products we know are the "sketchy street/made in china unregulated" product. Maybe I'm looking too far into it but it seems like their message is a very implied "yeah the vaping industry is dangerous and unregulated but we're not like that."

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
They're pandering to the FDA, because they want all vaping products outlawed except theirs. Every chance they get, they use the word "tobacco" when referring to the Vuse, because they want to fuel the perception that e-cigs are tobacco products that should only be made/sold by tobacco companies. In its own devious, underhanded way, it's really quite a brilliant strategy.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
They're pandering to the FDA, because they want all vaping products outlawed except theirs. Every chance they get, they use the word "tobacco" when referring to the Vuse, because they want to fuel the perception that e-cigs are tobacco products that should only be made/sold by tobacco companies. In its own devious, underhanded way, it's really quite a brilliant strategy.
It's so painful to watch, too. They're clearly marketing to people who know nothing about how ecigs work.

PONKAW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Panama city
Besides nicotine liquid we vape has the same relationship to tobacco as coca-cola does to coffee beans, yet they are not treated as identical products.
T

They must have the exact chemical break down of their new e liquid...right...
Good luck ever finding out whats in it... but I bet there are more ingredients than there needs to be.

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
It's so painful to watch, too. They're clearly marketing to people who know nothing about how ecigs work.

The entire cigalike market (at least the brands that are sold in convenience stores and gas stations) is geared toward people who don't know much about vaping. And that's fine. If a Big Tobacco e-cig product is your gateway out of smoking (as it was for me), there's nothing wrong with that. Quitting smoking is the only thing that matters. The problem arises when people like RJR and Altria, who are accustomed to the illegal, government-approved-and-abetted monopoly on the combustible cigarette market they've enjoyed for the last 16 years, start demanding that the government outlaw all their competitors. If they instead focused their energies on making a good vaping product that people enjoy using, there would be no need for such behavior.

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
Seen it. Their "...beginning to end" perfection take on things seems to be a hella stretch to say "...it has a regulated battery."

To be fair, it is a pretty good battery. It's more lightweight than anything in its class, takes a charge quicker, and has an above average lifespan. If they made the cartos taste a little better and last a little longer, it would be one of the best cigalikes on the market.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
They are looking at the very long term, after the FDA rules, after regulations are finalized, after local restrictions are passed.

If the FDA restricts e-cigarettes and eliquid to "save the children" and their type of cigalike is the only ones that pass muster they gain market share. If this becomes the future look of vaping, they know already from research that the cigalike are the least effective for smoking cessation. They don't have a problem with that scenario, the fewer people quitting the better.

Further if the FDA deem them tobacco products, federal, state and local taxes will quickly follow. Along with this the states and local governments pass restrictions on where they can be used. The cost and convenience of vaping loses its edge, the cost will be the same or higher with taxes (one cartridge = 2 packs), and can only be used outside with the smokers.

With taxes stabilized the push to wipe out vaping would lose steam, the true believer ANTZ would be able to simply lump combustible and e-cigarettes and continue the demonize both. RJR is used to this and likely has departments to watch it and look for loopholes.

With no built in advantage to vaping, the New Vapers Forum traffic would dry up. Switching just because it's healthier? Some people might, but the growth rate we're seeing now would disappear. Tobacco sales would stabilize or even rise again, RJR has no problem with the outcome.

A black market might sustain some of the current vapers, but hold little enticement for current smokers. A pack of Camels would be much simpler to purchase and likely cheaper.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
Just saw it (about 20 minutes behind due to pausing) and grabbed the link from youtube to make a post. I was appalled at the mis-information of this ad. It is truely sick and disgusting they claim to be on the leading edge when they barely hold on to the coat-tails of the industry. For shame RJ Reynolds.

Vuse E-cigarette TV commercial: http://youtu.be/JSiU3MbhLdw

Last edited by a moderator:

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
You get the feeling they already have their FDA application filled out, like they know what will be required before hand.

Pardon me while I fashion this tin foil to fit my head.....:laugh:
Exactly! I will be making one myself! [emoji63] (like this, just silver) Also a tin foil liner for my vape bag so their negative energy and vape seeking devices will come up negative [emoji6]

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I kinda saw it. Was on, but I wasn't paying much attention and it didn't cause me to pay attention until near the end. Seemed too boring, and too clinical for an ad. More like a (in house) corporate video.

I don't know if I've ever seen a vaping ad that all vapers liked. I think this one would be my least favorite of the few I've seen.

Trevisan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
New England
I've been seeing that commercial quite a bit lately and it infuriates me. I will not give BT another penny of my money, ever. I don't care if it was the only thing available, I would quit vaping first ( which would suck) just on principle. I could never trust the ingredients anyway with BT behind it.... would rather vape bootleg ejuice made in someone''s living room or kitchen any day, I have more faith in that.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
They can see the future and want in on it! With all the $$ and political influence they have we should all be worried!
They indeed want all other PV's outlawed so there is no competition. They have bin taking our money for so long they miss it all ready :(
Has anyone tried them? do they live up to the hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread