The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anybody in Maine got "mod fever"?

Discussion in 'Maine State Vapors' started by my4jewels, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. my4jewels

my4jewels Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Maine
    We just got back from Cook's Corner. Pm me about where you work. I'd be happy to drop it off for you.

2. zzooti

zzooti Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2011
    Brunswick, Maine
    Love the drip tips, thank you! unfortunately, the tank is a bust-got the pieces together, but I can't fill it; I was going to buy one anyway, but I wanted to try making one from stuff I could find around here.

3. my4jewels

May 12, 2011
    Maine
    I have plenty of the homemade tanks made from a 20ml syringe. I'd be happy to give you a couple. Personally, I prefer syringe filling over the fill hole. The drilling of my fill holes wasn't as clean looking as I would have liked. The one you saw today used the plunger from a 3ml BD syringe for the stopper. I also have tons more 20ml syringes if you want to try your hand at making some. At the rate you vape, a tank of juice would last you all day and then some. So you wouldn't need to carry a syringe around. I can get you all set up with what you need because I already have it, and I know what works and what doesn't. The biggest advantage to using a tank like this is carto life. Since your carto is constantly saturated with juice, they will last you much longer.

I can't wait for you to try out VV vaping with a 3.0 ohm carto. Trust me, it'll spoil you.

Did you get my pm?

4. zzooti

Dec 3, 2011
    Brunswick, Maine
    I think the problem is that I was trying to use 10ml syringes. I'll pick up some 20's from Tractor Supply, which is rock-throwing distance from my house, and try again.
    And yes, I got your pm!:D

5. zzooti

Dec 3, 2011
    Brunswick, Maine
    Tank #2 appears to be a success; got a 4 pack of 20ml syringes at Tractor Supply; didn't want to risk one of my few remaining Boge 510 cartos so I uses one of the Boge 808's even though I haven't had much luck with them; cut the tube, punched the carto & the plunger caps, put it together, filled it, and started vaping; haven't seen any leaks yet, and it's working as well as any of my other 808 cartos. That is to say, a little vapor but not nearly enough. If it's still functioning in a day or so, I may risk a 510 carto.

6. my4jewels

May 12, 2011
    Maine
    Glad it's working for you. :)

7. zzooti

Dec 3, 2011
    Brunswick, Maine
    Leaked a few drops from the center hole overnight; well at least I'm making progress!:laugh:

8. zzooti

Dec 3, 2011
    Brunswick, Maine
    Got a punched/flanged carto from volcanoecigs; I think I got this tank whipped now!:2cool:

9. zzooti

Dec 3, 2011
    Brunswick, Maine
    'The Gripper', $20 from MadVapes-this thing is great! supposedly it was designed for an 18350 battery, but the bottom cap doesn't screw in all the way so I'm using 16340 batteries; I heard that AW 18350's are a little shorter so I ordered one.
    GEDC0031.jpg
    Got the AW 18350-works great, perfect size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.