Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
Wow. Folks sure get emotional about heating juice to make vapor.

I use a bit of everything. It depends on the situation and my mood. If I have new juice samples, FOR ME nothing beats my IGO-L or W with a quick coil and some cotton. Cotton changes out in about 20 seconds and I'm on to another flavor. I really like using the RDAs at home. I'm not in a race, just leisurely vaping, a few drips at a time. I don't find it annoying, but relaxing. I don't mind "fiddling". It's all part of the "hobby" for me.

On the go I generally use clearos for convenience. For my commute (car) and work I use standard ego batteries with clearos. If I'm out after work I might carry a mod with a tank.

I do have a couple IBTanked tanks, and a couple of Smok DCT tanks, but generally also use those at home. No particular reason - they work well and vape well. I may use one in the scenario above with one of my mods, it just depends on what I feel like using.

I may pick up some cheap clearos and egos for the car, I had an incident today with my mech and carto tank flying off the seat, to between the door and the seat, where I couldn't reach it. :(

Land0Calrissian

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2013
Cloud City
I like my carto tanks for a few reasons;
-Convenience: definitely not safe to drip and drive, I don't have to carry a bottle of juice with me,
-Consistency: usually can count on carto's to hit the same every single time
-Battery life: using an RDA is fun yes, but when you're ripping clouds, its definitely not something you can do on one battery all day. I've found with a carto and my mech I can pretty much easily vape all day.
-juice: oh lawd the difference in juice use is insane. Since I've had a RDA I've been dusting juice so quickly it blows my mind. Resorting to finding online ways for cheap juice instead of going to my local shop, even looking into buying a DIY kit with my roommates.

Only complaint I have is; I feel like the air flow is not the same when I put it on my mech. Probably sitting too flush to the connection? Or maybe I spoil myself because my RDA hole is drilled out.

Land0Calrissian

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2013
Cloud City
I've noticed that I get burnt taste/dry hits from Boges if I don't let them sit around for a while before vaping. No matter how much I prime them, it doesn't seem like the juice soaks in enough right after priming. I don't have the same issues with Smok or Ikenvape cartos, though I can only get about 2 days out of any carto using the dark, sweet juice that I usually use. If I put menthol into one, that carto will last me at least a couple of weeks. Doesn't matter if they are slotted, have larger holes or more holes, thicker, sweeter, darker juices are he!! on cartos or coils.

Sometimes if I let my carto's sit for a while I put a few drops of the juice down the cartomizer before I start hitting it. Seems to moisten up the initial drags.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Curious as to what sour juices you like? And are they from mbv? I love candy, sweet and know ill love a sour-ive only tried speckled leminade (i think thats what its called) lol and I dont care much for that one :(
I started with an ecab and then I got to try an evod. Loved it! Curiosity got to me and a B&M set up a carto for me with my Mt Baker Red Licorice. That was heaven! I have 3 tanks going with candy, bakery, and sour flavors. I use them all every day. My cartos have given me over 2 weeks of use. I'm very happy that I tried cartos. Now I need to stock up on them.

GENERAL QUESTION- I like to use stand alone cartos with a little 900 mag ego when testing new juice... I am obsessive about making sure they stay saturated. I know that a carto can hold a ml of juice but seriously after 20 drags or so I find myself refillung and usually only getting a few drops in before its full again. In others experience, how many draws (i take long draws) do you get out of a xl carto? Ugh, hope this makes sense. :)

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Yup. Still use them a lot. I think they look better than other toppers, too.

IMG_0179.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread