Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I keep looking at these things and thinking it would be a nice thing to have, hold the atty for builds, power on board to heat and tweak coils, and a the built in ohm meter means I can leave my Mac meter in the garage so I can find it when I need it.
Any thoughts, problems, etc. with these units?

Reactions: Cheallaigh

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
I keep looking at these things and thinking it would be a nice thing to have, hold the atty for builds, power on board to heat and tweak coils, and a the built in ohm meter means I can leave my Mac meter in the garage so I can find it when I need it.
Any thoughts, problems, etc. with these units?

I've had mine a couple of months. I rebuild 2 kayfuns once a week. I like it, it's nice, it's solid, it's not a necessity, but I got a second one, so I'd have a back up. :D :lol: :facepalm: :vapor:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I've had mine a couple of months. I rebuild 2 kayfuns once a week. I like it, it's nice, it's solid, it's not a necessity, but I got a second one, so I'd have a back up. :D :lol: :facepalm: :vapor:

Two huh? Which brand did you go with, or brands? I keep looking at the Coil Master just to have the ability to do voltage drop tests as well, if I wanted, but the Geekvapes is a lot sleeker and does all I really need to do.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Two huh? Which brand did you go with, or brands? I keep looking at the Coil Master just to have the ability to do voltage drop tests as well, if I wanted, but the Geekvapes is a lot sleeker and does all I really need to do.

Coil Master. I didn't see the Geekvapes one til after I bought mine. :)

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
I love my 521. It's nice to have an ohm meter and coil burner in one. I've read of a few people getting ones that showed wildly inaccurate ohm readings, but that hasn't been the case thus far with mine. For example, the pic below shows .69 ohms, and that build read .71 on the VTC Mini I'm currently using. On a spare VTC it read .70.

0330162317_zpsucc9dmwb.jpg

I've done a couple dozen builds on mine so far with no issues. Not really a "necessity," but a nice toy to have anyway. :thumbs:

Spamby

Jan 16, 2015
Oregon
I love mine. Before I would have to go sit at the dinner table to rebuild but now I can just sit in my lazyboy recliner and build. Having to stand up and walk to the table in the other room would leave me gasping for air in an exhausted panic thinking I was having a heart attack. This thing has added years to my life span.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
These things have caught my eye as well. Love the look and function of it, but I wish they made one that doesn't need batteries but that you can just plug in.
Well, bummer. I thought you might be able to power it via the micro usb charging port without a battery inside, but I just tried it with no luck. The display lights up, but none of the functions work. I don't mind using a battery, but it would be cool if you could use it both ways. :(

Reactions: OhTheAgony
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread