Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
P3 with p3 Kabuki. 10.4 Watts. Nickoticket cure, not sure of the mix. Airflow screw is in a little ways from being flush.
You may need to tighten up the airflow/draw.

juice flow/wicking is dependent on a vacuum being created by it.

Just my thoughts, Jim

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Coil life need to be in mls consumed not days used. In my world, the amount of liquid used per coil will probably not be the same as yours. On average, I get about 35mls through one coil. Now, if I'm vaping one of my ÀDV or a new DIY and vape that steady...that coil will only last 3 days maybe. I have 3 tanks going every day and refill each of them once in the middle of the day. So if they hold 2.5mls = is 15ml a day at 9 to 12mg nic.

I have one tank with unflavored 12mg - that coil has been in there a month. I only vape it occasionally and its less evasive to the coil than my other DIY.

Saltwater

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
NC
I was thinking tighten up the draw, but I guess the question I should have asked was if dry hits are a sympton of a coil needing to be changed. The first coil was loaded with ripe vines vct. I got the whole 30 mils through it and figured I'd change the coil because the flavor had dropped off and it just felt like it was time. That coil lasted 4 days, I'm good with that. I'm on day three with this new juice, and figured it would 3 days max since it's a darker net. The thing is, it just felt like it was getting right, I mean hitting good, then I refilied the tank, hit it and good god!

Reactions: Katdarling

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Well I'll be...
Just changed coils, the third in the blister pack...
This one doesn't thread in the chimney.
I'm at home so I'll use up the fresh tank...but dang I have to be careful, the whole thing wants to come apart.

I'll change to another new coil then unless someone has a remedy

Ok...so it's not in the chimney

It's in the base, 2 new coils tried, they will just start to tighten and then spin more. When the whole thing gets put together, it's wobbling.
Are these coils that hit and miss ?
I put the old coil back in and all is fine stability wise.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
You may need to tighten up the airflow/draw.

Juice flow/wicking is dependent on a vacuum being created by it.

Just my thoughts, Jim

I took that screw out within moments of getting my Kabuki. Just cant stand a tight draw no matter what.

Note 5!!!

Saltwater

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
NC
I took that screw out within moments of getting my Kabuki. Just cant stand a tight draw no matter what.

Note 5!!!
Thanks for that, I guess it isn't an airflow issue. I'm used to coils from the evods just getting nasty or cartos getting that super tight draw when they were done. Flavor has gone in this coil and still getting a dry hit if I chain vape. The thing is it's still got the same draw and hitting good, just bad flavor. Well between 2 to 4 days on a coil will work, now that I know I can adjust my monthly budget. On another note, ended up ordering a Provari Classic and another Kabuki, can't wait for it to get here.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
Well I'll be...
Just changed coils, the third in the blister pack...
This one doesn't thread in the chimney.
I'm at home so I'll use up the fresh tank...but dang I have to be careful, the whole thing wants to come apart.

I'll change to another new coil then unless someone has a remedy

Had this problem several times. To date, it has always been a quality control issue with the coil manufacturer.

MrBabushka

Sep 30, 2015
British Columbia
rsz_img_0047.jpg

Netop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Providence, RI
The 510 Kabuki gave a new lease on life to my original 2.5. It looks and works great with a Kayfun trim ring. The 510 will also work on other devices. I recently ordered a 2.5 Mini with a P3 top and a Kabuki P3. The P3 connector is wayyyyy better and still works with other tanks. The deal ProVape has on 2.5's is too hard to pass on. Lets see, $45 to get a 2.5 coverted to a P3 or $90 for a new 2.5/P3. Like I said, it was too good to pass up. The 2.5 flat top and the Kabuki are a match made in Vape Heaven. The 2.5 has more the power a Kabuki was designed to use. I think the Kabuki blows the Nautilus out of the water for flavor, airflow and overall quality.
Thanks for the input. I was hoping Provape was P3 topping the GMZ, so I could get the Gun Metal Kabuki on top, but no go. But it also seems that the Gun Metal kabukis are not Zenkote... So, 2.5 satin with a P3 top and a SS kabuki, here I come.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Thanks for the input. I was hoping Provape was P3 topping the GMZ, so I could get the Gun Metal Kabuki on top, but no go. But it also seems that the Gun Metal kabukis are not Zenkote... So, 2.5 satin with a P3 top and a SS kabuki, here I come.

The GMZ Kabuki isn't zenkote? I know the finish isn't *exactly* like my GMZ mini, but still looks great.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I thought they were ZenKote. Why do you think they're not.

Calling on @Zen~ for clarification, but I'm fairly certain...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Thanks for that, I guess it isn't an airflow issue. I'm used to coils from the evods just getting nasty or cartos getting that super tight draw when they were done. Flavor has gone in this coil and still getting a dry hit if I chain vape. The thing is it's still got the same draw and hitting good, just bad flavor. Well between 2 to 4 days on a coil will work, now that I know I can adjust my monthly budget. On another note, ended up ordering a Provari Classic and another Kabuki, can't wait for it to get here.
Sounds like the coil has just hit the end of it's life to me. Flavor drop off is the major indicator that I get. That and they start tasting "off" and the vapor production drops off. I only use tobacco flavors, mostly Hangsen and Inawera in my DIY's, and sometimes some tobacco absolute or NETs. The TA and NETs kill coils pretty quick for me, so I'll go back and forth between flavored, and unflavored to get more life out of them. If I really need longevity from my coils I run strait unflavored 65pg/35vg 6nic in the Kabuki and at the end of 5 days to a week they are toast.

I start out using lower settings to break these coils in, and very gradually bring it up, but admittedly, I tend to run at the lower wattage than I read a lot of folks are at. Like 7.5-8.5 watts through the life of the coil. Any higher than that and to me the flavor starts to taste burnt. YMMV. At two bucks or less a pop, and my juice costing pennies per day, I can live with the cost of the Nautilus coils.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

Note 5!!!

I usually like a medium/tight draw, but I've been using 90% vg juice in the Kabuki and removed the screw.

Knifemaker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Central Texas
They are saying that they use a higher nic level (12) and it mutes or muddles the taste of juices. I agree, I vape 18mg and I too use it just for the nic hit, not so much for flavor as the flavor is considerably different at this high of a nic level. An 18 and a 3 of the same juice is going to taste completely different.

Odd, as I have had e-juice here at 36mg-24mg-12mg-6mg-and now 3mg. If a good supplier, mixes the flavors for the mg, there should be NO drop in flavor. I know there sure isn't from Vape Wild and ITC, and they are not outright premium High Dollar Juices. ;) But their quality is absolutely first rate! Particularly Vape Wild!!!:thumb:

Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread