Anyone else ever lost an ecig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinAbby

Feb 16, 2009
Austin, TX
Just looking for someone to commiserate with. Went to a resturant the other night and I guess it fell out of the outer pocket of my bag. Went back in, the table was already refilled. They were nice enough to let me look but couldnt find it. Guess the person cleaning the table already got it. Left my number, and checked back, it never turned up.

They looked at me like a loon when I tried to describe what I had lost. I hate losing things.

I'm down to one battery and my passthru is screwed up so I'm having to smoke some eclipses while recharging. I am pretty sad sack over it because I was about 11 days off analogs after smoking + vaping a couple of weeks before. A regular analog tasted so bad I had to go get the eclipses. They taste a little better, but still crappy.

Funny how a couple weeks of the yummy stuff can change your whole perspective. I never thought I'd feel this way about cigarettes.

Managed to put mine on my lap during a car journey. I guess it fell to the ground as I got out of the car :( Lost my worst battery, but best atomiser.

A few weeks later though, after receiving another in a line of dodgy batteries from e-cigs.co.uk (manufacturers fault, not theirs), I happened to mention the story in my return comments on their site and to my surprise they were kind enough to send me a free starter kit of my choice to make up for the battery troubles!! Felt like my loss was actually worth it after that! I've said it before and shall again and again, e-cigs.co.uk rule :)

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
I have never lost an e cig, but I did leave my juice at the pizza house one night. We were about 20 miles away when I realized it. The bottle was about empty so I chose not to go back. I often laugh when I think about it, wondering if they have a clue as to what it is. Probably thought it was some type of medicine,lol.

rsmith76

Smo

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Italy
I have never lost an e cig, but I did leave my juice at the pizza house one night. We were about 20 miles away when I realized it. The bottle was about empty so I chose not to go back. I often laugh when I think about it, wondering if they have a clue as to what it is. Probably thought it was some type of medicine,lol.

rsmith76

Srsly, i hope there was the "toxic" symbol or something on that one =/

+1

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
rsmith76, your post really bothers me... and, yet, I glad you posted it because it is really making me think and re-evaluate weather I should go any further down this path of e-cig over analogue. (Had you posted that you left it in a bar, it would not have opened my eyes the way it did when I read it was a pizza parlor)

I wish the eJuice came with child proof caps or at least labeling TOXIC POISON.

I'm too new to e-cigs be traveling around much with my e-cig. I don't know if I ever would have traveled with eJuice locked in my car or secured in my purse. One never thinks of a loss in advance... unless, someone else shares their experiences.

I can't explain what is going through my mind... other than a grave awareness of the huge responsibility that we all have...

I've attached a MrYuck image in case anyone wants to right click and save it to desktop to tape or glue onto their bottles.

Attachments

• MrYuck.jpg
    MrYuck.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 95

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
MrYuck! geez I haven't seen that in a gazillion years...

MonkeyMonk, that's the best idea I've seen, without a doubt!

quick google search:

To request a free sheet of
Mr. Yuk stickers, please send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope to:

Mr. Yuk
Pittsburgh Poison Center
UPMC
200 Lothrop Street
BIR 010701
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
As a parent I have to agree with MonkeyMonk. I've ordered quite a bit of eliquid but I am a bit worried about having it in the house. I think I will leave it in a lockbox on a high closet shelf in my room and only bring it out for refills. While inconvenient, it will give me peace of mind.

Does anyone know if the North American suppliers use child-proof caps?

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
Nuck Totally Wicked iuse them in the UK so I presune their US side also has them.

They stopped sending bottles with the dropper in.

It now comes in a box with 2 compartments 1 has the liquid and child proof cap attached the other has the dropper.

This is their Forum you could ask there.
Electric Cigarette Forum - Totally Wicked E-Liquid - Index

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Everyone's eJuice size will be different, but large old pharmacy pill bottles with child-proof caps should allow a person to insert their entire bottle of eJuice into the container and or any old Tylenol or Advil bottles if you have a larger or wierd shaped bottle. (From my original order I got one with an angled nozel)

Then both the original bottle and the plastic child proof pharmacy container could each be labeled.

In the home, locking toolboxes, locking cashboxes and in old locking computer disc keepers thanks to ApOsTle51
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...825-how-where-do-you-store-your-juices-2.html

RjG thank you for the link for free MrYuck. (I could only find where I had to pay to order them.) I'll be ordering a sheet today.

Keefe, I google for UK Poison Control and could not find a phone number. I did find this story: Heidi Chronicles How I came to call poison control before 8 a.m.
The lady ended up calling our US Poison control, so I guess you could use the US MrYuck stickers and just prefix it with the international calling code in magic marker.

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
Just looking for someone to commiserate with. Went to a resturant the other night and I guess it fell out of the outer pocket of my bag. Went back in, the table was already refilled. They were nice enough to let me look but couldnt find it. Guess the person cleaning the table already got it. Left my number, and checked back, it never turned up.

They looked at me like a loon when I tried to describe what I had lost. I hate losing things.

I'm down to one battery and my passthru is screwed up so I'm having to smoke some eclipses while recharging. I am pretty sad sack over it because I was about 11 days off analogs after smoking + vaping a couple of weeks before. A regular analog tasted so bad I had to go get the eclipses. They taste a little better, but still crappy.

Funny how a couple weeks of the yummy stuff can change your whole perspective. I never thought I'd feel this way about cigarettes.

It always surprises me when I come across other Eclipse smokers. I have met more ex eclipse smokers here than anywhere in my life. Even the RJRT Eclipse forum didn’t have as many eclipse smokers on it as this place does. Eclipse is almost not an analog. It is just something strange. I wish they still made Premier, Eclipse’s predecessor. That was the coal fired version of what we are using now. (well plus some powdered tobacco and a couple of carcinogens)
As far as losing an e-cig goes I haven’t yet and hope I never will. I did think I lost a bottle of e-fluid once. It turns out I didn’t and had dropped it while getting out of the car. I found it two days later after my old over 6,000 pound car ran over it a few times. It was in a plastic dropper bottle and was nearly flat but it hadn’t leaked a drop! I took it inside and transferred it to another bottle. I am so sad now that my supplier stopped carrying the plastic bottles. Now he only carries the fancy (but breakable) glass dropper bottles.
Oh and you can usually go to your local pharmacy and if you ask really nice they will kick you down a few large childproof bottles. The large ones are great because you can even fit a 30ml bottle of fluid into them. Then it is as childproof as any prescription and I think we should post this in the tips and tricks section.

Last edited:

lostit

Verified Member
Dec 30, 2008
Hampshire UK
I lost my black evo over a week ago am still hoping it will turn up.
God I was gutted it was my favourite, I had it on me all the time, playing with it in my hand as it really had a nice feel to it. I feel sure it was knicked but can't prove it and what happens when the cart runs out what do they do start knicking carts from me ???? who knows please let me find it .... :mad:

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
I guess I never really thought about that. Thank God, it was nearly empty, not enough to really hurt anybody, but maybe enough to make someone sick if they were dumb enough to ingest it. I now carry all my supplies in a case so I don't lose anything again. I'm getting one for my daughter soon and will caution her about leaving it set around for the safety of my granddaughter. I think the pill bottle with the child proof caps someone suggested might be the best answer. To many little children might be curious about the pic being shown on here. Anyone have any other suggestions?

rsmith76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread