Anyone else notice VG having more flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
Not my experience. I don't like 100% vg for a few reasons. Not nearly as much flavor, way too thick (clogs atty's), very little throat hit, takes way more power to vape right. I had the same juice from the same vendor in a mixture, and 100vg. YMMV. Age will make juice stronger also.

I've been using a Darwin so that may be the reason why I'm not having problems vaping it but there was litterally no TH at all... Perhaps it's just the flavor I have... More coming tomorrow so maybe I'll revisit this then.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I use 100% VG (even the flavoring is VG based).........VG has a naturally sweet taste to it, so it makes the sweet flavors sweet, so you don't have to add EM to sweeten them.

When I DIY these VG based flavors I make they at 30% flavoring, which is above the 20% I do for PG based flavoring.
I don't know what percentage the vendors mix at.

DMF

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2010
Slower Lower Delaware
Vg enhances sweetness in a flavor. The flavor has to be very strong to stand up to Vg, though, because it will mute a flavor. Many people who prefer a high Vg mix will get a small percentage of Pg mixed in to "bring up" the flavor and throat hit of a liquid.

If you buy a Vg only mix from a vendor who specializes in Vg only mixes (usually that vendor will have Vg only option for all the flavors they carry not just a few) you may have a better experience in the flavor because they have worked with the product extensively and know that the preparation has to be different to bring out the subtle nuances of a flavor , that might otherwise be lost on a non Pg blend.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Vg enhances sweetness in a flavor. The flavor has to be very strong to stand up to Vg, though, because it will mute a flavor. Many people who prefer a high Vg mix will get a small percentage of Pg mixed in to "bring up" the flavor and throat hit of a liquid.

If you buy a Vg only mix from a vendor who specializes in Vg only mixes (usually that vendor will have Vg only option for all the flavors they carry not just a few) you may have a better experience in the flavor because they have worked with the product extensively and know that the preparation has to be different to bring out the subtle nuances of a flavor , that might otherwise be lost on a non Pg blend.

I think they add alcohol to the juice.

Nunnster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I get more sweet flavor with VG, but I think it tends to mute some of the more subtle flavors. My all day every day vape is Boba's and its all VG. I would love to try it in all PG and see what kind of flavor it really has, but alas I do not think that will ever happen. Interesting fact if you did not know, VG can be used as a sweeter in drinks such as tea to give it a very light sweet taste that I am told is diabetic friendly.

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It all depends on how much flavoring any particular e-liquid mixing supplier puts into their bottles and the strength of the e-liquid. To me, VG has better flavor and vapor.. PG is just flat out gross and unnecessary. Not to mention that some new users have allergic reactions or cramps from PG. There is no need for PG whatsoever if the mixer knows what they are doing. Although many flavorings have a PG base. It is not even difficult to make thinner VG, just add distilled water. Try vaping unflavored VG and unflavored PG and compare them yourself. Most will find that they like the VG much better.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
It all depends on how much flavoring any particular e-liquid mixing supplier puts into their bottles and the strength of the e-liquid. To me, VG has better flavor and vapor.. PG is just flat out gross and unnecessary. Not to mention that some new users have allergic reactions or cramps from PG. There is no need for PG whatsoever if the mixer knows what they are doing. Although many flavorings have a PG base. It is not even difficult to make thinner VG, just add distilled water. Try vaping unflavored VG and unflavored PG and compare them yourself. Most will find that they like the VG much better.

I feel the complete opposite. VG hardly any taste, and no TH, kills your cartos and feels like my dog is sitting on my chest when I vape it.

I think less than 10% of people have an actual allergy to PG. I'd imagine more would have allergies to VG since it's plant based. If you have any sort of food allergies like to soy or even nuts I'd be careful. Some people find PG harsher and can be more irritating to your throat and some PG helps with that.

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
There are so many variables in everything vaping. As far as VG and PG: where each was purchased, the age of it, and how it was stored are all factors. There are many different manufacturers of each one, and they are not all the same. The same goes for nicotine. Company A may or may not have the same VG or PG as company B, but the nicotine itself could also be from a different source, or aged, or stored differently. As far as the USP grade VG, PG and nicotine our company has been using constantly from xtreme vaping, we always have to order much bigger bottles of VG than we do smaller bottles of PG, (where as the PG is actually even more pure) and much more often, because that is what the customers order most often. Taste will be subjective and vary for multiple reasons. Aside from all of this, their are so many different types of atomizers and voltages which also plays right into all of this. Everybody's opinions will always differ. There are just way to many variables.

Jorad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
I'm still on the fence. I think it's probably in the eye (mouth?) of the beholder. I find I am switching between the two often. I like the smoothness of the VG and sweeter taste but when I NEED a smoke the PG throat hit is nice and I find it makes my mouth, for lack of a better word, sting like an analog would.

On another note, is BWB juice really what it's cracked up to be. I'm in Canada so I'm unsure if the 3 week wait and shipping is worth trying some.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
when I first started vaping if my juice was 100% vg I would wake up in the morning feeling like my lungs where coated but I must have gotten used to it because now it doesn't bother me, I've been diy only for a while now when I first started I was using pg/vg then went to straight vg because I feel most of my favorite mixes taste better with 100% vg I mix at 12-15% flavor and no sweetener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread