hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Swisher honey bee was always a favorite along with Wilson of Sharrow honey menthol or best sp. I liked several of the Wilson snuffs and towards the end I got into several different mentholated snuffs. Hedges L260 was a good straight menthol snuff and for a flavored menthol I liked the ozona raspberry. I carried Wilson Lemon Grove in my Patrick Collins snuff box for quite a while. When I go back once in a while it's usually either honey bee or the ozona raspberry now.

Honey Bee is really nice. I love the honey smell in my nose. And even when I do get a little bit of throat-drip, its a nice honey flavor. Excellent American snuff.

I've never gotten into the mentholated/medicated snuffs. I know lots of people that love them...they just aren't to my personal tastes. That said, I do like the Ozona fruit snuffs with the touch of menthol. And I have some raspberry myself. :)

Mark

I'm have a fair collection of American scotch snuffs. W.E. Garrett, W.E. Garrett Sweet, Rooster, Honey Bee, and Tube Rose. There's more I want to try, and I'll put Square on the list, along with Navy, Society, Checkerberry, and Buttercup. Eventually, I want to try all of them that are still made. :)

If you ever order any more snuff, look into the Viking Brand. Viking Brown, Viking Dark, Viking Blond...good natural tobacco snuffs.

Mark

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I haven't tried any of the Viking snuffs. When I was struggling with quitting smoking I used molens macuba for a strong fix. It was a rough cut/grind snuff that smelled to me like tobacco and clove. I think my first snuffs I ever ordered were Toque. Later I found out about ozona, F&T, Wilsons, McChrystals and some others. Right as the PACT act was getting ready to be enforced, I made the mistake of buying a case of Wilsons lemon grove. It was evidently dead stock from the online store. The cans had old labeling on them and each can I opened was stale with almost no scent. I got it on clearance but it was a waste.

I think the PACT act is a great example of what the government can do to an industry, and I completely understand the terror (and the resolve) the vaping community is feeling regarding some of the potential actions the government has been considering regarding regulating e-cigarettes. Here one day, gone the next is what happened to U.S. snuff distribution companies. Really the only way to get snuff now is by mail-order from England or the thin selection some Indian Tribes offer on their websites. Every American distributor just wiped out by the government.

You point out a great cautionary tale there. Some of the snuff flavors that don't sell at a brisk pace, can sit in a warehouse for quite awhile before they are sold. I haven't experienced it yet, but I've heard others that have. It is infrequent, but it definitely happens.

One way to avoid this is to order from an artisan snuff maker like Old Mill Snuff. If you've never been to their website, go there and just read through Daniel's Menu page.

www.oldmillsnuff.com/menu.html

Mark

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I still use snus daily and before Pact there was an American company called getsnus that I ordered snus from. Shipping was $5 and orders over $50 shipped for free. Now the only place I know of in the US is northerner and they barely stock anything in their warehouse and I think shipping is around $20 because of PACT they can't ship usps. To get any kind of variety you have to order from Sweden and you are looking at around $30-$35 for shipping. Thanks PACT!

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I have a small tin of snuff that a friend gave me, it's the only tobacco product I still occasionally indulge in.

jEFm5tg.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread