• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone ever had problems with Canvape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdpf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Well, I'm currently not very happy with Canvapes.

I placed my first ecig order with them about 1.5 months ago. Ordered ego twist, ego mini, evod, mini nova, heads and juices.
The Ego mini simply stopped working after less than 2 weeks.
I contacted support (Tom), they asked if I wanted a credit or a replacement, I opted for the replacement.
I then didn't hear from them for a week so decided to contact them again and they said they shipped snail mail so it would take a bit longer.
It's now been about 3 weeks and still nothing. They ship from Scarborough. I am about 30km from there so even snail mail should be 2 days at most, not 3 weeks.
I contacted them again on Friday but they ignored my email and never replied back. So I don't think I'll ever see my replacement.
Which is fine, I mean, if they are OK with loosing a customer over a matter of $10, that's their choice and fine by me, there are plenty of suppliers.
The only thing that bothers me is that I though I would have a replacement within a couple of days so never bought another battery from another vendor. I've been now managing 3 weeks with only one Ego twist 650mAh and it hasn't been easy so I'm pretty ...... right now.

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
They've always had excellent customer service in my experience. The Post Office on the other hand...

Just jokes. I don't want to point fingers. It's good lesson on the importance of having multiple back ups though! I learned my lesson early on too... both my egos died within a day of each other and I was back to stinkies for a week.

bdpf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
I think 3 weeks for a 30 km distance is more than reasonable, even for Canada Post. Anyway, I'll wait and see if it ever shows up but I doubt it.

For picking it up, I don't feel like driving 30km each way to pick up a $10 battery.

As for customer service, they have never been rude or anything, but the thing that bugs me is the lack of communication. When I opted for a replacement, I never heard back from anyone acknowledging that they had/were shipping until I contacted them a week later. Also, as I said, I contacted them again on Friday and no response. A simple email saying: sorry for the delay, please give it a couple of more days would have been fine, but nothing ???

Anyway, since you all seem happy with them, then I guess I'm just an isolated case which is good I guess. Too bad it had to be me...

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Yes please use their Facebook page and the Canvape forum here on ECF for better results.

Snail mail is incredibly slow just the way it is. I'm sure u well recieve your product.

Canvape has been great with me and my brother, and the other 10 Vapers impersonally know.

Things well happen from time to time, I think it pretty good of them to even send a replacement as they don't make this stuff.

Things fail that's a shame, but as said above, please get backups for your backups.

Best of luck. vape On!

bdpf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
I think it pretty good of them to even send a replacement as they don't make this stuff
They don't make it but they resell it. The manufacturer gives them warranty on their devices so they can pass it on to the customer. Nothing lasts forever, specially batteries, but I think 2 weeks is pretty short.
I think its awesome that they offered a refund or replacement without you having to send back the defective.
I offered to send the defective one back so they can back charge their supplier. Never got a reply so I assume it's not worth it for them.

Wow, so much love for canvape.
OK, so I guess for now I'll assume that:
- I never got a reply to my email because Tom is on vacation
- Snail mail takes more than 3 weeks for a 30km trip

Well, I'll post if I receive either the battery or even an email.

empress

May 22, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, they must be really busy, I got no reply from them either, (but my order randomly showed up today even though CP said that it's been successfully delivered last week). A while back I e-mailed them with some question and got a reply within a day, must be hectic over there right now. Sorry for your bad experience, I've been saying for a while that I wish all customer service was as good as Canvape and Jugheads. Nicest people I dealt with.

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
Canvape has been great to me when something has gone wrong with my order which doesn't happen often. I pickup my orders from one of the market locations. As for Canada post my area atleast has had a problem with service the past week even missed a couple days of delivering mail and now its being delivered in the evening the past few days.

Zang

Verified Member
Jan 19, 2013
BC Canada
Canvape's been my go-to store for basics just about since I started vaping - about 7 orders in 6 mos. They (well Tom) has always answered my email questions promptly. But I'm beginning to have to look elsewhere as they are often out of stock of so many items and I can't find enough to buy to meet the minimum $150 order to get free shipping. (It used to be $100). Used to be able to meet the minimum easily just by buying topping off my orders with some more Halo juice, but the last few times I checked they were out of stock on all my favourite juices too. I've had two D0A batteries, and on the cheaper one, Tom just added a replacement on my next order, the other, a kit, I sent back for credit, and really couldn't find enough to buy to get the free ship option. So, in short, I like Canvape, and am hoping they will get the limited stock thing sorted out.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Have dealt with Tom and Canvape since they opened and always a pleasure to deal with. I've sent many friends there also and they've been very pleased with pricing and CS. Unfortunately on the very rare occasion something will fall thru the cracks and when Tom isn't around it's a HUGE impact on the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread