• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone ever had problems with Canvape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
Toronto
Canvape's customer service is amazing, Tom is seriously a legend. The problem with Canvape that I have is the quality of goods, a lot of stuff I've ordered from them, and countless orders for friends have had lousy stuff in them. Their e-juice selection is really really lousy too, nothing unique, I can DIY the same flavors (because i'ts easy to make a generic flavor).

If Canvape put some serious time or did a partnership with a juice chef in Canada they would do much better in the long run I think. But regardless, Canvape has always been great on their customer service as I said, Tom - The Legend.

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
Canvape's customer service is amazing, Tom is seriously a legend. The problem with Canvape that I have is the quality of goods, a lot of stuff I've ordered from them, and countless orders for friends have had lousy stuff in them. Their e-juice selection is really really lousy too, nothing unique, I can DIY the same flavors (because i'ts easy to make a generic flavor).

If Canvape put some serious time or did a partnership with a juice chef in Canada they would do much better in the long run I think. But regardless, Canvape has always been great on their customer service as I said, Tom - The Legend.
So have you not tried Halo, Hooligan or Paradise Vapes juice? And if your that great of a DIYer, any chance of cloning Twisted Java, that stuff is awesome.

Last edited:

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Please PM me.

At this location:

Mississauga Flea Market:
3092 Mavis Road, Mississauga, On, L5C 1T8
Open: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am to 6:00pm

Can you buy e-juice with nicotene ... or do you have to order online ?

Read https:// www.canvape.com/category-s/1890.htm

Last edited:

bdpf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
OK, here’s an update (my last one)

- Today, it has been exactly one month since I first contacted Canvape and that Tom said he would send a replacement.
- I never received a response to the email I sent on the 18th asking about the status which got me to start this thread in the first place.
- I sent another email on Monday asking again about the status for which I never received a response neither.
- I received the automatic email with the Canada Post link stating that my device was shipped yesterday and I should receive it today.

There are a few things here:
1) Yes, I will finally receive my replacement which is great
2) No, I am not happy the way things were handled

The things that bugs me the most in the whole story is not the price of the battery, receiving a replacement or not. It’s the principle and the way things were handled without any care or sense of customer service.

- They sell a product which comes with warranty and failed after 2 weeks. They should stand by it and replace it. It would have been totally acceptable for them to ask me to send the old one back (which I offered by the way)
- They said they would send a replacement but then never followed up to mention that it actually had been shipped. I’m the one that had to contact them a week later to follow up.
- They said they shipped snail mail. Fine by me, I understand them saving on shipping cost, especially for such a cheap item.
- Obviously, they never did because being 30km from Scarborough it should have arrived within 2 days and I never received anything a month later.
- I send an email 3 WEEKS later to ask for the status. This email gets ignored.
- I send another email 1 MONTH after the initial contact. This one also gets no reply.
- What I got is simply the shipping notice yesterday after my last email. That too me is a slap in the face, basically a way to say “shut your mouth and leave us the f....k alone now, you’ll get your stupid $10 battery”. Things happen all the time and it’s OK if this went to the cracks (specially since a few of you mentioned that they've been crazy busy lately) but never ONE single email to inform the customer? Really? Just sending the shipping notice? Really? Not an email from Tom explaining what happened or even an attempt of an apology after a full month?

I’m very happy for all of you that rave about Canvape and Tom and I wish to all of you that your business with them keeps on going great.
Everything was fine before placing the order, Tom was responding to all my questions within minutes since an order was coming. Then going from that to ignoring a customer because no money there? I say “the hell with them!”

It’s a real shame though because I went with them based on the recommendation of this forum. I placed my first ecig order with them for more than $150. The week I got my kit, I converted 2 of my co-worker to the ecig and recommended them Canvape. Each one of them also placed and order for over $150. One of my neighbors saw me vaping a few days ago and is thinking of giving it a shot, well guess what? I will not recommend Canvape. Now I’m at a time where I need to buy some backup Ego twist, a couple of backup chargers, a few extra Evods + Evod heads, Vivi Nova heads and some juice. Guess what? I will not go to Canvape. I’d rather pay a little extra and go to a company that actually cares for the customer.

I’m sure if they have some of their employees on this forum that they won’t really care for a single customer since it seems that pretty much all members on this forum are happy with them except one. But keep in mind one thing, more and more people switch from smoking to vaping every day. Vaping in a business that is growing, and it is growing mostly based on word-to-mouth.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant but I’m just really ...... right now.
As I said before, I wish you all to continue having great experience with Canvape. Me, I’m done with them. Time to move on.

Last edited:

bdpf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Funny you mention that. Madvapers (aka Rob) was actually be the company I was going to order my first ecig kit from back in September.
I actually exchanged quite of bit of emails with Rob asking all kind of questions. He always answered very promptly and all his emails were full of useful info, never pushy, just info.
The only reason I ended up going with Canvape was because of this stupid mini Ego that has caused me so much grief. I wanted it and Madvaper didn't carry it. Madvaper will be my shop from now on.

Cartel

Oct 30, 2013
Chilliwack, BC
Yes he is very helpful.
I am going berserk trying to get my first set up too...I want the innokin svd kit but he is out of stock...I'm starting to get desperate.
I have money now and it might not last long because of spending it on smokes.

I cant believe how difficult it is to get this stuff compared to going to any store to buy smokes...once I do get my ecigs I am NEVER looking back [moderated].

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
You are not alone, bdpf. Me and another person that I know have experienced the same lack of customer service at CanVape and experienced the same scenario as you have had, more than once. That's all I will say on the matter. But I have moved on to other vendors who care.

Now you know three :cool: pardon me though as I am in the trail of the ever elusive and rarely seen root beer vape ;)

sent from the inner reaches of my craptastic humor

Funny you mention that. Madvapers (aka Rob) was actually be the company I was going to order my first ecig kit from back in September.
I actually exchanged quite of bit of emails with Rob asking all kind of questions. He always answered very promptly and all his emails were full of useful info, never pushy, just info.
The only reason I ended up going with Canvape was because of this stupid mini Ego that has caused me so much grief. I wanted it and Madvaper didn't carry it. Madvaper will be my shop from now on.

Madvapers(Rob) has been great to me. I placed an order and needed to change one thing before it shipped. They had no problems changing it. Haven't bought from Canvape myself, since they didn't have in stock what i wanted. I don't know if I will in the future after the service from Madvapers.

BonesK98K

Jan 26, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I just recieved my first order from CanVapes, puchase to delivery time was good and what I would expect. The Juice I ordered was (VapenJuice) 555, but doesn't taste like the 555 I am used to. I would compare it to the Canadian Flavor (tobacco) cartos from Smoke NV.

Maybe it needs some time, but it is lacking the nutty flavor I crave from the 555. Has a slight floral taste instead...

I wouldn't consider it a problem, playing devils advocate here as I found the CS just fine, however I would have spent more $$$ if they had in stock some of the other items I was looking at.

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
My experiences have been pretty good with the exception of two orders
that contained one incorrect item in each and one with a dud pass-through
battery. All were promptly taken care of and it also helped that I pick up
my orders, so I got quicker results. FYI, I always contact support directly
through their web site contact page.

Another thing!. When I pick up my orders, the totals are wrong 1/2 the time,
but Jason at Downsview and the guy at the Scarborough location make the proper
corrections. Instead of just tax on the items I've purchased, I've gotten totals
including shipping/tax on a pickup order and totals without the shipping
charge, but tax on the shipping charge added.

To me, all of the above are minor though slightly annoying issues and are not deal
breakers.

I'd like to add that Canvape's $9.95 Eigate 808D - Express Start Up Kit helped
me kick a $300+ a month pack-a-day DuMaurier Light habit within a couple
of days. Also, their hardware pricing in some cases is lower than the pricing of
Chinese and American sellers and I don't have to wait weeks or months to receive
my orders.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Another example of excellent service from CanVape ... last night @9:30 I ordered all the items below ... today I received the tracking # from Canada Post stating it will be delivered tomorrow ... going DIY this weekend ... booya :party:

240ml of Vegetable Glycerine USP Kosher
120ml of Base 48mg Vegetable Glycerine USP

​Flavours ...
10ml Capella Apple Pie
10ml Capella Sweet Tangerine
10ml Capella Peaches and Cream
10ml Capella Sweet Strawberry
10ml Capella New York Cheesecake
10ml The Flavor Apprentice Blueberry Extra
10ml The Flavor Apprentice Green Apple
10ml The Flavor Apprentice Toasted Marshmallow
10ml The Flavor Apprentice Sour
5 grams of Etyl Maltol

5ml, 10ml and 30ml bottles
18guage 5ml syringes

Last edited:

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Another example of excellent service from CanVape ... last night @9:30 I ordered all the items below ... today I received the tracking # from Canada Post stating it will be delivered tomorrow ... going DIY this weekend ... booya :party:

Forgot to mention that they're a pretty good DIY source with a pretty big
selection albeit certain items can be found for less elsewhere. One Stop Shop
to a certain extent is what they can be described as.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread