Anyone ever use Safe Cig ? Need Advice . Reo ?? Provari ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edross

Jul 16, 2011
ny
Hi all,
I have been using Safe Cig for about 2 months now. I like them and may just stick w them.
Using menthol 24 mg
To me, really tastes good & satisying w fresh bat & cart.
I was trying to duplicate the taste, draw, etc. Tried rn 4081, with juice from Backwoods Brew 24 mgs Nico Medium Menthol. got the carts for rn 4081.
Tried several times, but cant get anywhere close to satisfying me like fresh bat & 24 mg cart from SafeCig.

Does anyone have experience w these products & can offer advice?

I am planning to move on, Dont care about looks, I want the taste, nicotine satifaction, etc, So I am planning :

Reo Mod ??or Provari ??

( I'm ready to gamble the money, I live in NY, analogs cost 10 / pack, and at 1 1/2 - 2 ppd = $$$$ )

What do you guys think I should try first ??

What about juice??

Like I said, I REALLY do like the Safe Cig 24 mg Menthol, especially w frsh bat & cart, But I thought I could at least get something just as satisfying, without have to constantly be ordering carts, wearing out batteries, etc. If I could use juice, I could have enuf on hand to know that I was set for weeks or months ahead.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
A lot of people on here , like the ProVari's . I am not one of those . I like all mechanical mods (nothing to fail) If you look at my signature , you will see , I have both Reo's and Prodigy's . Both are totally mechanical devices , and both are able to use multible voltages (changing batteries) 3.7 , 5 , and 6 volts , and nothing to break . The Reo , is a bottom feeder , so the juice , is just a squeeze away . Very handy and hassle free vaping . IMO

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Actually with the Reo you can vape at 3.7-4.2V/-4.8-5.5V/-6V/-7.2V/-7.4V all of these with different batt combos and it is an awesome mechanical unit. However the Provari is also an awesome unit and with less hassles of changing voltages it is done with the click of a button. They also come with a 1yr warranty from the factory with an optional 2 yr warranty and it is a super unit with may options and functions that nothing else compares to accept the Darwin which is another super unit. it all depends on your wants and needs, another super unit you may want to look into is the Eclipse which is about to be released this week and another pre-order should be opening sometime soon I would think, may be worth it to get on the list but in general all of these units are extremely well built and great PV's you cant go wrong with any of them !

OtisMotis

Moved On
Jul 31, 2011
California
appealingsmokes.com
  • Deleted by spaky

Wil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
www.awesomeclouds.com
They're just so different, that it's tough to really say what you'll prefer...

The REO feeder is incredibly well built, and convenient if you typically vape the same thing all day. I switch up flavors several times a day, so it's kind of a pain for that.

The ProVari is also an incredibly well built device. It's what I prefer for a number of reasons.

You've done your homework. They're both very, very good devices. Each does what its designed for very well, but they were designed for two different things...

Honestly, you can't really go wrong either way, and having both in your arsenal is definitely not a bad thing...

Jaebihn

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Chesapeake, VA
I have the Provari and its a great mod. It used to be my mainstay until I got the buzzPro. The buzz's life is next to amazing and you can adjust the voltage by turning a wheel (kinda like the darwin but not power regulated). No buttons, extremely simple. My wife now uses my provari but I have to fight her for the buzz pro. I have never tried the darwin and I really want to get one but I'm waiting until they come out with a battery that is changeable. Love the idea that you can use it as a passthrough though.

Erfmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
I have a provari and I like it....but I don't take it with me everyday to work....I use my Reo grand as my day in day out vape...also have Reo minis and woodvils...the provari is nice, but kinda heavy....the reos are my fav and would get my vote. The people in the Reo lounge are awesome, caring and helpful, and rob, the Reo creator and master, frequents the forum, and is just a great guy...
....either one would be a major step up for you....
As far as juices, I mainly use alien visions and halo tobaccos....boba's from ave, and Tribeca from halo...
Good luck to ya..

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
Like the others said, it really depends on what you want from your vaping experience. If you want easy, hassle free, and are ok with sticking to the same flavor/carts all the time then in my book the REO wins hands down. For me, it's THE ONE. I haven't even thought about any of my other ecigs since I got my REOs (whereas I'm happily married to my husband, but do check out a cute .... every once in a while). It's that good.

If you want to get fancy, and play around with lots of different things then the Provari's and other VV devices are pretty darn spiffy.

Personally, I'm not that much of a connoisseur of juices etc. I just want a reliable source of nic, and the REO provides that perfectly for me.

Yes, at NY prices, you can certainly get yourself a fantastic collection of mods, and still be ahead.

dfc

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2011
Atlanta
I am using Safe Cigs, and although I find that they are convenient, they don't leave me completely satisfied.

I'm going a slightly different route than the brands you mentioned -- the 18650 "NoEgo" mod which accommodates super long-lasting batteries, and is designed to use dual coil cartos (among other variations). The reviews I've seen on this have been good, and I'm hoping for a little more "pop" from my vaping. Just ordered, and am waiting anxiously for the mailman tomorrow...

Here's hoping we both find something that works better for us!

TeDack

Nov 13, 2011
Southeaster US
I read on here that SafeCig is NOT the way to go but it's what I use and really like. As soon as I had one, I never wanted a real cigarette again and only resorted to them when I couldn't order more in time. Delivery time is fast and free so I don't understand the problem. My friend, her friend, and also my brother have tried other kinds but still smoke. My friend has Century and said they taste too plastic, my brother has NJoy and can't explain really why he isn't satisfied with them. He claimed to want to quit but didn't. I bought SafeCigs for my son and he's thrilled and also quit cigarettes immediately. This is why I'm confused that SafeCig is not considered a good product. What's the deal?

The Duke

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
I read on here that SafeCig is NOT the way to go but it's what I use and really like. As soon as I had one, I never wanted a real cigarette again and only resorted to them when I couldn't order more in time. Delivery time is fast and free so I don't understand the problem. My friend, her friend, and also my brother have tried other kinds but still smoke. My friend has Century and said they taste too plastic, my brother has NJoy and can't explain really why he isn't satisfied with them. He claimed to want to quit but didn't. I bought SafeCigs for my son and he's thrilled and also quit cigarettes immediately. This is why I'm confused that SafeCig is not considered a good product. What's the deal?

Welcome to the forum. The product its self is probably not bad, if anything those parts more than likely came from the same plant in china that a lot of my stuff did, that i paid about a quarter of the price for from reputable vender's. Smoke 51, safe cig, and the rest pray on people who don't know any better on what a e-cig should cost. Imagine if you didn't know any thing about cars, but decided one day to buy one. The nice car dealer sets you up and 50,000 dollars later you are out the door with your new car. You really like this car thing so you do a little research only to find out you paid 50,000 for a Kia Rio. Same thing. Should people do some more research before hand, of course. All these sits peddle 15.00 dollar kits for 150-300 dollars to unsuspecting people while claiming a battery last all day, and a cart is equal to 5 packs of cigs. These companies give a bad taste to the consumer and that is why they are generally not spoken well of here.

TeDack

Nov 13, 2011
Southeaster US
I've saved a lot of money so far with these, I really have no complaints, nothing they've said so far hasn't been true. I researched different types first but hadn't found this forum. It does seem like I need a degree in electronics to understand all that's discussed on here! Commercial ecigs are so easy, I can't imagine doing all that people on here seem to do but I want to understand it better just in case. The starter kit cost me $60, refills have just gone up and don't seem to last as long now (after almost a year) which is why I started looking around again. I admit vaping is so much easier that I do it more than I ever used to smoke but I hate hearing that my choice is reviled by so many! Yikes! So many people I know want to get off of cigarettes that I wanted them to try e-cigs but it's way more complicated than I had thought. Some would refuse to get into all these complications but I know a couple at least that would love all this experimenting.

The Duke

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
As long as it works for you, that is what is important. If you stick with vaping and stick around this site you will learn a lot and more than likely find a better setup, then another, then another. they are like tattoos or guns and first you think "this is good and is all i will ever need". Then within weeks the itch to get a new one will set in. You are right, it can get very complicated if you fall far enough down the rabbit hole. In case you get the itch check out the vendors list.
Forum Suppliers List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread