anyone gets nightmares of them smoking analogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
I've been three weeks smoke free and couldn't be happier. It's amazing that something that I did daily for five years suddenly seem like a distant past and will always be the past. But last night in my dream I was smoking analogs at a party. I even felt guilty in my dream that I was a smoker once again. Good thing I woke up and couldn't be happier.

Anyone get such nightmares?

This is really weird. I had a dream where I was sitting at dinner with my Mom and we were both smoking an analog. And we both looked at each other and said, "This tastes like ****."

And picked up our vapes.

Yeah, I got my mom on vaping. My mom vapes. The only sentence that would render me more nonplussed would be something like, "My mom writes Harry Potter fanfic."

I wouldn't call it a nightmare, but I had a dream the other day in which I found myself smoking a cigarette. The funniest thing is I was thinking "Man, I dread going to ECF now" :laugh:

On the Internet, nobody knows if you smell like cigarette smoke.

Unless you choose to tell us, of course, in which case we call it a minor slip and tell you to pick up your vaping equipment and get back on the horse. And no real harm done. :)

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Not smoking granted but I did have a vaping related dream if you could call it that. I dreamt Pbusardo and myself were dancing hand in hand to beach blanket bingo. We weren't vaping or anything just dancing around in our beach wear. Hell I was born in 78 way after that Frankie and Annette stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk3ZN3dSeDk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Liquinator

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2012
C:\Germany\LwrSaxony
It's kind of "funny" to read that although it's sad, too, because it implies how addicted everyone's psych is to analogs. For me it was so different. I was so incredibly convinced of how this is gonna work out that I literally NEVER looked back. I'm still so convinced of what we're doing that I never had any craving problems standing in a crowd of smoking people. Oh, I should mention that I had been a smoker for 7 years and stopped the day my first ecig arrived. I was never able to quit smoking but didn't take it up again when my ecigs wouldn't work out in those early days of vaping ;).... It just doesn't bother me and although I have told every single smoker I know about ecigs all I think about when I see is how sorry I am for them that didn't give it a try or didn't try hard enough to change something so much better :)

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I've never thought about it before but no.. can't remember one dream where I'm smoking.. and I've been smoke free for 2 years now. BUT.. way back in my 20's I dipped skoal (yes, I'm female) I was raised on a dairy farm and I only dipped while I was milking. It got to where it dried out my lips so bad and I always had to have water handy so I quit.. that's when I started really smoking more. To this day, I still have what I call, skoal nightmares.. where I realize that it's in my mouth and I can't seem to get it out, there's always a water fountain in my dream and I'm trying to rinse the skoal out of my mouth.. I can still feel how it felt trying to get it out! But not one smoking dream.. weird!

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I get to use this again. WOHOOO. Yep it's a common thing. I am not only recovering from tobacco but alcoholism. One day a friend was talking to someone and said "I had a dream I drank. What does that mean?"
The person responded " you know what it means don't you"
she said No what does it mean
well this went on about 4 more times both getting more frustrated.

Finally the person said. "it doesn't mean a damn thing" LTAO after they said it. LMAO.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I get to use this again. WOHOOO. Yep it's a common thing. I am not only recovering from tobacco but alcoholism. One day a friend was talking to someone and said "I had a dream I drank. What does that mean?"
The person responded " you know what it means don't you"
she said No what does it mean
well this went on about 4 more times both getting more frustrated.

Finally the person said. "it doesn't mean a damn thing" LTAO after they said it. LMAO.

I know perfectly well what my skoal dreams are.. once when I was milking and had a mouth full of skoal... the owner of the dairy I was working at (we had sold out dairy and I was working for someone else then) brought in the new Vet to meet me (I did all of the artificial insemination and much of the medication) well... the new vet looked just like Tom Selleck! And here I am, speckle with cow manure with a mouth full of skoal! I was so embarrassed I couldn't even speak! Later, when we were friends, we joked about it and he said he knew why I wouldn't speak! At the time I was sooo mortified and have never forgotten it. So I guess that's the root of my skoal nightmares LOL.

meandblackcow.jpg

Last edited:

FleetFoxes

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Boston, MA

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
It's kind of "funny" to read that although it's sad, too, because it implies how addicted everyone's psych is to analogs. For me it was so different. I was so incredibly convinced of how this is gonna work out that I literally NEVER looked back. I'm still so convinced of what we're doing that I never had any craving problems standing in a crowd of smoking people. Oh, I should mention that I had been a smoker for 7 years and stopped the day my first ecig arrived. I was never able to quit smoking but didn't take it up again when my ecigs wouldn't work out in those early days of vaping ;).... It just doesn't bother me and although I have told every single smoker I know about ecigs all I think about when I see is how sorry I am for them that didn't give it a try or didn't try hard enough to change something so much better :)
One thing that I had was that I had a lot of wow moments where I was smoking a pipe or a cigar. I never smoked cigarettes so I don't know if that is the same for that. But I'd try to recapture a moment when I smoked. Example: Best camping trip. I was with a Girlfriend. Had almost the whole campgrounds to or selves, cool during the day, cold at night but no wind. Mood= quiet, stars out all around, the perfect campfire coals glowing red and warming us as we sipped wine and I smoked (blowing the smoke away from us lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread