Anyone give up on the Lipton Pyramid Tea Bag filler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winace

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Seems no matter how tight, or loose, I roll the nylon material it dumps the whole lot into my atty, thus flooding it. I tried 1/2 the bag, the whole bag, and every amount in between. Anyone else experience this? I will even start with a dry cart, clean atty, and clean filler. I add 6 drops to the cart, start hitting the PV and I'm gurgling after 2-3 hits. Kind of frustrating. I have watched all instructional videos even... any suggestions?

cmdrmaxwell

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
The "great place" Ft Hood
i used it and it worked with the flooding everynow and then, but i gave it up when i found the blue foam pad. now no more messing with the PTB and it works considerably great over the PTB. that is just me though and my opinion. the PTB works for alot out there. i just hated messing with it so much. if you want to give it a try it is the hot magnum sleeves size U found at any pet store. i use it on my 510, 401 and 801 Silver bullet.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Hmmm.. I actually just started using it today, so not ready to give up just yet, lol! :)

I haven't had any flooding all day and I put about 20 drops in. You're using a 510? If not, I'd have to defer to someone else's experience.

The method I used a saw on a video here: I used 1/2 piece. Folded it in half widthwise. Folded the top down two more times, then folded it lengthwise in a roll. Then, cut the unfolded end with one cut from the bottom up to the double fold. Once in the cart, I spread open the roll, to make a bit of a hole in the middle. Did you see that video?

I think that the double fold at the top and the way the cut bottom flares out may help hold the liquid in the cart until needed. I actually took a draw and pulled the cart off really fast and could see the liquid had pulled to the top and then seeped back down again as I watched. It's not refilling really well though. I'm only topping off 3-4 drops instead of a complete refill - so it's not wicking dry like expected.

If it's not working, have you tried the straw mod? That has been pretty consistant for me, but I've always been willing to try need cart mods to see what is better.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
i used it and it worked with the flooding everynow and then, but i gave it up when i found the blue foam pad. now no more messing with the PTB and it works considerably great over the PTB. that is just me though and my opinion. the PTB works for alot out there. i just hated messing with it so much. if you want to give it a try it is the hot magnum sleeves size U found at any pet store. i use it on my 510, 401 and 801 Silver bullet.

That's one I still want to try!

cmdrmaxwell

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Hey!
How big a piece of blue foam are you using in your 510? I have some on the way.

i cut about 1 to 2 mm wider and 2 to 3mm longer cuz the atty bridge will push it in but as long as it makes contact it has been good to me. right now i am trying to kinda cut a slight V shape to get more liquid in the bottom while still not flooding it. it does happen to me still cuz i get really greedy trying to fill it and go overboard lots o times. it takes work, just not as much work as the PTB!

Winace

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC

"hot magnum sleeves size U"? Can you expand on that? What would I be looking for in the pet shop? Where would it be in there?

cmdrmaxwell

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
"hot magnum sleeves size U"? Can you expand on that? What would I be looking for in the pet shop? Where would it be in there?

fish tank filter section. there are other sizes that have different size cells but these are the ones i tried after seeing it in the mod section check it out (ehiem filter pad mod)and it has worked well for me!

baby driver

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Sunny CA
www.myspace.com
OK, I have been having some leaking issues with the PTB so after seeing this post I finally got in the car and went and got the fluval recommended in this thread. I might have put a little too much fluval in the cart, but so far it is not leaking. Differences that I have noticed are more vapor and more consistent vapor, less taste and less throat hit. Also I may need to start using the straw mod again with this.

First impressions. I will have to mess around with this a bit.

-------------------------------------

2 days later: I couldn't stand the taste of the fluval, even after cleaning it well in hot water, vodka, more hot water... Also, there was still some leakage.

After reading more on ECF, I realized that cleaning and reusing the PTB too much was my problem. I think you can clean and reuse them a couple times, but I was reusing them many times and I think they lose their ability to hold the liquid. I made some fresh carts with new PTB and voila! no leakage. So now I am back again using the PTBs.

(In the meantime, I also tried dripping with the pen mod I posted about later on in this thread. It also had the problem of rubber taste from the pen and some minor leakage. Flavor was good but I guess I am just not a dripper.)

Last edited:

pmd

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Boston,MA
I've been doing ptb's from the start 2 mths ago but it can get tedious
and some days are better than others, Reusing them is futal for me most times. I love vaping but really need to find something that does not have so much maintenance involved. I realize this 'hobby' does mean a little work but I need to try something new. I'll look for this 'blue foam' mod, if there is a thread and give that a try.
I actually had a potential convert in work but thought this thing takes almost too much maintenance and didn't pursue it. But I suppose for me it's mostly user error
:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread