Anyone have the new Kayfun clone aka Dream BT804 Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
This BT-804 is just a teaser, isn't it? I love the vape on it, but filling and those easily lost pins are a pain. I also love the Term-C and Ithaka. Just pre-ordered the 91%. Only next step is to get the real thing :sigh:

Ooops, u shouldn't have IMHO. There's hardly any price difference between the R-91% (€56.70)and the 'real' K-Lite (€62.98).

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Ooops, u shouldn't have IMHO. There's hardly any price difference between the R-91% (€56.70)and the 'real' K-Lite (€62.98).

I got caught up in all the hype, and kayfun Lite's hype got a little drowned out by the Russian and then the 91%. Don't know if the adjustable air flow in the 91% will make any difference over the the K-Lite, but it's there if I want it. In any case, I am getting the 91% on pre-order, so a bit cheaper than the retail price.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
This BT-804 is just a teaser, isn't it? I love the vape on it, but filling and those easily lost pins are a pain. I also love the Term-C and Ithaka. Just pre-ordered the 91%. Only next step is to get the real thing :sigh:

I think the 804s caused a big increase in kayfun sales lol. I'll have to stick with them because there's no way I can afford a kfl or 91%. As far as the 91% though, I think the consensus is that it's equivalent to a kfl with an added fill hole and a slightly better price. You might wind up wanting another 91% instead of the real thing. :vapor:

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Have you tried plugging the mouthpiece hole and filling from the bottom? I don't spill a drop that way but I never could master filling from the top.

yes actually i did, plugged it and bottom filled it still flooded and leaked, but probably mainly my fault. i think i over filled it. i'll still probably use it, just not often as i would if it wasn't such a PITA ;)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
yes actually i did, plugged it and bottom filled it still flooded and leaked, but probably mainly my fault. i think i over filled it. i'll still probably use it, just not often as i would if it wasn't such a PITA ;)

I had initially always flooded it too, wasted a lot of juice. But lately got a hang of it... I plug both, the air-hole as well as the 510 post, while top filling and just with a half turn of the top cap inverse it before tightening it fully. That has worked better, though there's yet some juice in the bottom 'holding chamber', but never thru the mouthpiece anymore.

BTW, I think I'll try JD1's bottom feeding method in the next fill-run. Hope it'd eliminate the overflow syndrome completely. And yes, I'm still vaping it strong (as of now, while writing too) and am yet satisfied with this inexpensive buy!

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I had initially always flooded it too, wasted a lot of juice. But lately got a hang of it... I plug both, the air-hole as well as the 510 post, while top filling and just with a half turn of the top cap inverse it before tightening it fully. That has worked better, though there's yet some juice in the bottom 'holding chamber', but never thru the mouthpiece anymore.

BTW, I think I'll try JD1's bottom feeding method in the next fill-run. Hope it'd eliminate the overflow syndrome completely. And yes, I'm still vaping it strong (as of now, while writing too) and am yet satisfied with this inexpensive buy!

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I've developed a good eyeball for how much juice to use on the short tank models I have (about 1/3rd of distance to top). When you screw the bottom back on, keep an eye on the channel area. The juice should push up just short of the channels. If juice isn't stopping short of the channels, empty some until it does. I sometimes get a gurgle or two that disappears with a few puffs, but most usually I don't.

If you have a small syringe (1mm, I think), check to see if the plunger will almost fit the top hole. If it comes close then it's probably the right size to trim the lip at the very end for a good fit. I trim the lip with fingernail clippers and cut the shaft about an inch back for a handy little stopper.

I take the top off the juice bottle first, then leaving the 804 on the mod, remove the drip tip and put in the stopper, turn it upside down and grasp the base of the 804, unscrew the tank and put it in my left hand also, fill it 1/3rd full, rescue the mod out of my left hand and screw it down into the tank, making sure I don't flood the channels, pop out the stopper, pop in the drip tip and fog the room. I can do it almost as fast as typing all this out lol. :vapor:

If I had the coins I'd probably spring for a 91% also, but remember that it has a fill screw, as in, you have to remove it from the mod to get to it. At least it'll hold more juice though.

Last edited:

Woody-GC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
SW Kansas
I've developed a good eyeball for how much juice to use on the short tank models I have (about 1/3rd of distance to top). When you screw the bottom back on, keep an eye on the channel area. The juice should push up just short of the channels. If juice isn't stopping short of the channels, empty some until it does. I sometimes get a gurgle or two that disappears with a few puffs, but most usually I don't.

If you have a small syringe (1mm, I think), check to see if the plunger will almost fit the top hole. If it comes close then it's probably the right size to trim the lip at the very end for a good fit. I trim the lip with fingernail clippers and cut the shaft about an inch back for a handy little stopper.

I take the top off the juice bottle first, then leaving the 804 on the mod, remove the drip tip and put in the stopper, turn it upside down and grasp the base of the 804, unscrew the tank and put it in my left hand also, fill it 1/3rd full, rescue the mod out of my left hand and screw it down into the tank, making sure I don't flood the channels, pop out the stopper, pop in the drip tip and fog the room. I can do it almost as fast as typing all this out lol. :vapor:

If I had the coins I'd probably spring for a 91% also, but remember that it has a fill screw, as in, you have to remove it from the mod to get to it. At least it'll hold more juice though.

Same here on the filling method, but I use a Viva Nova tank instead of the stock one. I install the tank upside down (quantity measurements) on the BT804. When I take the bottom off of the unit and invert the tank I fill to the 1.4ml line which is about a third full. Same difference as your method but I have a fill line reference point. I try to ignore the upside down markings when I am using it though!

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Same here on the filling method, but I use a Viva Nova tank instead of the stock one. I install the tank upside down (quantity measurements) on the BT804. When I take the bottom off of the unit and invert the tank I fill to the 1.4ml line which is about a third full. Same difference as your method but I have a fill line reference point. I try to ignore the upside down markings when I am using it though!

Glad you mentioned that. I plan or replacing the black tank on one of mine because I can't see the juice very well when it gets low. I'll have to try the same thing.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

U could keep the Vivi Tank "inversely" screwed too (top side down) :)

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL

But it's a teaser that delivers. It's all second nature to me now. Filling is as easy as an Evod, just gotta use a Q tip plug. I bought some Vivi nova metal tanks for tank cracking juices but not put them into use yet. Pluid in my kfl is very nice. 2 804's in regular rotation. I went for a 91% and a Russian too. This is the way to vape, until something new comes along. I have genny's in use but they are more to play with than anything. Now that I don't depend on them though, I am getting better with them. So, when do you think Fastech will have then for 5 bucks?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
but it's a teaser that delivers. It's all second nature to me now. Filling is as easy as an evod, just gotta use a q tip plug. I bought some vivi nova metal tanks for tank cracking juices but not put them into use yet. Pluid in my kfl is very nice. 2 804's in regular rotation. I went for a 91% and a russian too. This is the way to vape, until something new comes along. I have genny's in use but they are more to play with than anything. Now that i don't depend on them though, i am getting better with them. so, when do you think fastech will have then for 5 bucks?

*** l.o.l. *** :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Looks like ill have to give mine another shot. I wrapped a sharty coil on Chinese silica and its just not doing it. Putbit down weeks ago. Now that I have some proper wick, maybe I will see what all the fuss is about.

Any helpful vids or pix of the deck?

This guy did a good job of it, though he placed the wick ends on the channels, which shouldn't be - but left sitting on the deck instead.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
It's on the kayfun lite but this is a good video to watch also. He goes pretty slow but you can jump around in video and get the ideas. He shows the micro coil at sub ohms. I prefer to keep mine up in the 1.5 to 1.7 range and I've been wrapping duellies by putting two wires together and wrapping them at the same time and side by side. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tems/436118-kayfun-lite-119.html#post10251031

The micro coil is discussed at length in this thread. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...271-micro-coils-increase-vapor-flavor-th.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread