Anyone Heard of / Used One-On-One Flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Flan:
I mixed this at 10% + 1.5% sweetener (sucralose solution).
At six days of steeping, this flavor is light and delicate, really more about texture than flavor. I rebuilt and just did a quick rinse on my Origen Genesis, and just for that little itty bitty residue that I might've left behind, it picked up the banana! So for about half the tank, it was banana custard. :laugh: They did a great job of nailing the "flanny" custard part (flan isn't as eggy as other custards) - got the creamy-eggy custard sensation - but I think it needed something else to make it Flan, so added 1% Dulce de Leche (it seems to pick up other flavors really easily). Maybe a little stronger next time too, like 12%. Just a word of warning though: because it's so light and delicate, it would probably pick up any weirdness going on with your atty: rusty screws, burning insulators, machine oil...

I'm excited to see what this flavor's like after two weeks of steeping. I did notice a very occasional/slight hint of sour milk, which tells me it needs more time - then it'll be yummy-creamy goodness after that. And I'll do a more thorough job of cleaning next time, to verify that this isn't just another banana flavor. :laugh:

This one's good! :p Unless it gets beaten out by Creme Brulee, it will probably be one of my regulars. I like it better than Cap's Vanilla Custard, which to me was smack-in-yo-face-artificial-vanilla-custard-wannabe flavoring. I used to like that flavor, but never felt like I was eating the real thing. This one's closer. :thumb:

Fresh battery, mech mod, Origen Genesis, 0.8Ω single coil, wicked with Rayon
Update in a week or two...

Last edited:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I just tried a 5 pawns queenside clone using OoO flavors. 12% blood orange and 10% french vanilla. couple drops of ditilled water right around 50/50 VG/PG.

Not bad, but not great. It's a starting point, and I don't remember exactly what queenside tastes like.

So blood orange wasn't a plastic tank cracker? That sounds yummy! :p

I'm trying their lemon. So far my plastic tanks are unaffected.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Pound Cake + Lemon (for Lemon Pound Cake):
I mixed this at 10% Pound Cake + 3% Lemon + 2% sweetener (sucralose solution).
It's been 10 days for this one. The cake is taking a little time to develop, but does taste more like cake than the other ones I've tried (CAP/TFA Vanilla Cupcake, CAP Cake Batter, FW Yellow Cake) - I've been trying to nail cake for a really long time. The lemon was a little weird at first, but now it's tasting more like lemon juice. I have never tasted Lemon Pledge, but I kinda get what people are saying now. But let it sit a little while, and it turns into lemon juice.

One thing I'm noticing with OoO flavors so far is that they seem to get stronger with time, whereas other flavor brands would fade a little with time. So if you've taken it up to 10-12% and you still can't taste it, let it sit awhile.

I started with 8% on the Pound Cake and 2% on the Lemon - at 5 days, way too weak, so I took it up to 10% +3%. The Pound Cake could use another 2% more - tastes more like a light sponge cake now. I think another 2% would take it to pound cake - but the Lemon is crazy strong! Almost to the point where you can taste the bitter white part of the rind that you're not supposed to use. So I think 12% Pound Cake + 2% Lemon + 2% Sweetener would get me where I need to be with this one. Wondering what Acetyl Pyrazine would do to this mix too...Hmmm, not as strong a flavoring as I thought...:glare: That makes OoO a little overpriced to me now...

Then I stumbled on the FlavourArt Club thread on another site and found out that FA Pandoro is Lemon Pound Cake. V8 moment: :facepalm: "Damn, I coulda spent my money on FlavourArt!"

I think if you weren't into lemon and didn't want to spend the money on VZ Gourmet Cake ($7.99/10ml), OoO Pound Cake could work. So far, it's the closest I've come to cake, and plays well with other flavors. Just ordered some FA Pandoro though. I have a feeling that'll turn out even better than this one. Another Pound Cake I haven't tried yet is DIY Flavorshack.

Fresh battery, mech mod, BF-99, 0.8Ω single coil, wicked with Rayon

Update on the other flavors:
Banana Split has turned into a science experiment. Dunno why I expected this one to not be. Even the premixed stuff seemed a little lacking to me. The mix ended up being 10% Banana Split + 3% Sundae Topping + 1% French Vanilla + 2.5% Sweetener, and I keep adding to it and diluting it a little bit as I go, so honestly, I have no idea what the formula would be for this one. :laugh:

Flan, even at 10 days, tastes even more like spoiled milk. I'm hoping it's just getting closer to being ready. I also ordered FA Catalan Cream to compare to this one - I'm not as happy with this one as I was when I first mixed it, but we'll see. This one is at 12% Flan + 2% Dulce de Leche + 2% Sweetener.

Last edited:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Hmm, how crazy is this...fill my tanks the night before and yum, flavor. Refill during the day, nothing. Not liking that very much. :glare:

Interesting you mention that. I've been noticing flavor variations too. Can't quite quantify it but the OOO flavors sure don't seem to steep like other juices I've made. One day the flan will seem right on, the next I can hardly taste it. I added some burnt sugar and it was overwhelming at a fraction of a %. Earlier I sort of "condemned" these flavors but decided to revisit them after reading your comments and I've been pretty pleased other than the flavor seeming to be inconsistent -- even in the same batch.
Have you used the creme brulee? I haven't been able to get that one to taste right and I've been all over the place with %'s. Really frustrating.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Hate to say this, but I think it's 2 weeks steep + HELLA sweetener with Flan and Creme Brulee to get it there for me. Only problem with that, I just read somewhere else that sucralose not only fades, but takes some of the flavor with it when it does - and OoO flavors seem to be really susceptible to that, from what I've noticed so far (at least with the custards and Pound Cake). So if you do opt for sweetener, just sweeten enough for a day or so. I've been mixing in 100ml bottles I hate waiting for it to steep), transferring to smaller bottles and sweetening that. Or maybe pick up some Meringue or something to sweeten it with. Dunno, up until now, I've always used sucralose, so guess I should probably try to find alternatives.

Couldn't taste it at all at 5%, very light at 8%, took it up to 10%, finally OK at 12%. Then it really needs to sit for at least 2 weeks. But I think there are better custards out there. Trying FA Catalan Cream too now, but not crazy about the little hint of spice in there (nutmeg maybe?). Gonna see where that goes...

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
cindycated -- I think in the Baker Flavors thread I commented about using Stevia for a sweetener. So far so good with it and the OOO flan and burnt sugar. I haven't come up with a precise amount to use and just sort of put a couple of drops / 10ml in right now, but it seems to "keep" and not fade. I've been working off one bottle of flan and burnt sugar for > 1 week now and haven't noticed any problems.

Maybe the Stevia would be something for you to give a try. I just bought more at the store since we use it for all sorts of cooking and saw you can get little boxes of it as well as the huge bag for around $8. (least down here in "lovely" FL)

Just thought I'd mention it.....

BicStic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
Switzerland
OK, I finally got my order in. OoO shipped quickly, but the postal service sent my package on a slow tour.
Here are my impressions of the 4 flavors I ordered. All 4 mixes are four days old as of the writing.
I mixed all flavors in 50% PG 50% VG - 12 mg base
Cinnamon Churro- Mixed at 12%, tastes just like a real churro even down to the slightly rancid frying oil. Not too sweet, good bakery cinnamon, bready doughnut like. It is good.
Strawberry Milk-Mixed at 10%. Like making a glass of Strawberry Quick, but wanting a tablespoon of the sweet powder and only having two teaspoons. Taste is a little light, but the strawberry has good flavor and the milkiness is there. I like it and it is not too sweet to vape for a half day. I might bump it up a little next time I mix it, but pretty darn good as a change of pace.
Watermelon Happy Rancher- Mixed at 2% and then added 4 more drops the next day. Spot on flavor of the famous watermelon candy. I cannot vape it long because of the sweetness, nevertheless it is good.
Cinnamon Roll- mixed at 10%. Perhaps a little light in the taste, might want to bump it to 12% next time. The flavor that is there is good sweet, bread like with a sweet icing, Just not strong enough at 10%, Different enough from the churro that I am happy to have both.
I am very happy with OoO that I got 4 out of 4 flavors that are as good as they are. With other vendors I might be lucky to get 3 or 4 out of 10 that are worth a second try. Nothing has really blown me away yet, but I am happy with my order.

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Flan update: Got really good at 3 weeks. Flan is made with eggs, condensed milk and a lot of sugar, then drenched with a caramel made out of melted brown sugar - I can actually pick those flavors up now. But I had to add a lot of sweetener. Without it (or not enough), it tasted like spit - you know, the kind that goes with morning breath? :laugh:

Haven't tried the Creme Brulee yet...

Last edited:

1stimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Pasadena, CA
So blood orange wasn't a plastic tank cracker? That sounds yummy! :p

I'm trying their lemon. So far my plastic tanks are unaffected.

No cracking on my KFL+. I've now tried lowering both the blood orange and french vanilla and adding capella vanilla custard. Pretty good. I'll post the percentages tonight.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
At first I thought 12% was a good place to start, but after about 3 weeks of steeping, most of the ones I've tried so far got crazy strong! Not all of them need steeping, but the Flan got really good after 3 weeks! And I'm really surprised the lemon is still hanging in there - with other brands, it would've been gone after 1-2 weeks.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Does anyone have any experience with the Rice Pudding or Rice Milk?

No, but I'd sure like to hear about them.....

I've been trying the Flan and Burnt Sugar and really like them @ 5:1. Been letting it sit ~week (if I can) and it's great. Have a bottle of Creme Brulee to fiddle with soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread