Anyone out there that can't stand flavored juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always smoked menthols. I thought it was for the throat hit but now that I'm vaping I'm finding that I can't stand any of the flavors. I have added menthol to the flavors and I end up adding more menthol and more menthol and then just plain menthol!

I just received my order of 5 sample sized flavors. Just smelling them makes my stomach turn. I thought it would be fun to try the different flavors but it isn't. Also, the smells aren't what they taste like. :(

I have a severe case of sensory processing disorder so maybe that makes a huge difference. Smells and tastes are super sensitive for me.

Am I alone? Its really disappointing.

Kim

Sent from my Motorola RAZR M

im a total noob and just reading some stuff, but you should be able to get a no flavor with the nicotine amount you want. could also just add menthol. maybe making your own is way to go. finding the right balance of PG vs VG. Try plain PG with the amount of Nic you want. then add menthol. if too harsh, switch to VG. I understand VG mutes the flavors too, so maybe you want juice with VG instead. just my thoughts based on what I have read, but I could be totally wrong. I'm going in the other direction, looking for stronger flavors being a cigar smoker looking for massive tongue hit with heat and flavor.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
I always smoked menthols. I thought it was for the throat hit but now that I'm vaping I'm finding that I can't stand any of the flavors. I have added menthol to the flavors and I end up adding more menthol and more menthol and then just plain menthol!

I just received my order of 5 sample sized flavors. Just smelling them makes my stomach turn. I thought it would be fun to try the different flavors but it isn't. Also, the smells aren't what they taste like. :(

I have a severe case of sensory processing disorder so maybe that makes a huge difference. Smells and tastes are super sensitive for me.

Am I alone? Its really disappointing.

Kim

Same here... 3 weeks into this and everything i liked now sucks, from what i have read it's normal as taste recovers from the damage of smoking, I just keep moving around with flavors, even have a juice with no flavor... lol, seems to be my favorite right now

Puff Vader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
Camby, IN 46113
Not all juice is created equal, trust me. There are big differences between juice vendors. I have tried juice from several companies before I found some really quality juice. If you have a local vapor shop they generally have samples set up that you can try before you buy. Sometimes you will find that flavors you did not think you would like could be just that flavor you love. I would not give up and continue to try some other juice. The levels of the pg and vg can also effect the flavor of the liquid, you may need a higher pg percentage for more flavor. You may also look for local vapor clubs or groups, they can be a great resource and will often let members sample their stuff.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
im a total noob and just reading some stuff, but you should be able to get a no flavor with the nicotine amount you want. could also just add menthol. maybe making your own is way to go. finding the right balance of PG vs VG. Try plain PG with the amount of Nic you want. then add menthol. if too harsh, switch to VG. I understand VG mutes the flavors too, so maybe you want juice with VG instead. just my thoughts based on what I have read, but I could be totally wrong. I'm going in the other direction, looking for stronger flavors being a cigar smoker looking for massive tongue hit with heat and flavor.

Oh, another former cigar smoker, yeah, everything i watch and read are way off on what i liked as a cigar smoker, not much out there for me it seems, and i myself like pure VG with high nic content, 24 mg

I think I may just try the different flavors of menthols. I don't want to run into wintergreen though. That makes me nauseous. I bought caramel thinking that I love that. I can't stand it though, it tastes burnt no matter what I do. Now I'm trying one of those samples, apple cinnamon, and it ends up tasting like apple cider. It smells like apple cinnamon. I think it really does have to do with my sensory issues. I'm just too sensitive with tastes. The straight menthol is best. I guess I just need to go back to that. I hate the idea that I wasted my money on these other liquids and I need to pour them out of my clearomizers and drain them. :(

Kim

KnurledNut

Moved On
Aug 15, 2013
Marineland
I think I may just try the different flavors of menthols. I don't want to run into wintergreen though. That makes me nauseous. I bought caramel thinking that I love that. I can't stand it though, it tastes burnt no matter what I do. Now I'm trying one of those samples, apple cinnamon, and it ends up tasting like apple cider. It smells like apple cinnamon. I think it really does have to do with my sensory issues. I'm just too sensitive with tastes. The straight menthol is best. I guess I just need to go back to that. I hate the idea that I wasted my money on these other liquids and I need to pour them out of my clearomizers and drain them. :(

We all go through trial and errors with e-liquids, especially since our senses are finally waking up. We tried many samples. Some smelled wonderful but tasted like dog ..... Others smelled like dog .... but tasted wonderful. Go figure.

We now make our own e-liquids. It's much cheaper and we don't cry as much when we dump the bad liquids.

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
I don't like sweet or fruity flavors.
Well, I like them but in less than a day, I can't stand them.
I liked ripe bananna, root beer, green apple and strawberry enough to think they might be my new flavor but in just a short while, YUCK.
I was enthusiastic about all the flavors I got, but can't use them
My normal flavor is a weak tobacco (~3.5%) made from 2 flavors. Sometimes it tastes a little bad, but I don't really notice it anymore. I seem to need the slightly unpleasant aftertaste after eating or with coffee.
I'll occasionally use a weak bittersweet chocolate for an hour or so just for a change.
All those flavors I bought and I use 3 of them only.

Might help to just stick with one weak flavor. Not all that great but not too bad either.

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
Where are you buying your liquid from? As someone else said there is a difference! I am like you, I want a menthol taste, no mint, no wintergreen, no nothing but gimme menthol. I found it at Mr. Eliquid regular menthol. Trust me, I tried a LOT of menthols, yuck...I sold them on the classifieds so someone else could try them. I have found that Mr. Eliquid Ice Collection is also great. I only had their menthol as my all day vape and then ventured to Bubble Ice, Cola Ice, and Raspberry Ice. So good :) I've not even touched the plain menthol anymore! :) good luck!

Tracey

Hoot48

Feb 27, 2012
Palm Springs, Ca.
Hiya Kim
I mix my own..but...it took me a few years to land on DIY flavors I really like. One of the reasons I wanted to quot analogs was $$$$$$$
Buying and trying new flavors can get really pricey...and there is no guarantee you will like it. Taste is ...well...a matter of taste. I ...after three years of vaping ...i have four main flavors I rotate. Im not into thick sweet ...and am more into subtle. I feel your frustration..and hopefully you will find a few flaves you love. Good luck

Hoot

brownfsc

Sep 25, 2013
United States
I have had my own issues with my juices and made the decision to make my own. I have to have 100% VG and the flavoring is constant problems with manufactures. I went to Perfumers Apprentice's web site and picked some flavors and supplies. Needed to grab my nicotine from someone else. Been very happy with my results. I get to make my flavor as strong/weak as I want. I get to have my nicotine where I want it for that particular day and know the quality is up to snuff.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    There are many good juices out there, just don't strike me as a replacement for cigs. There are many of us unflavored vapers on here. It's great plain or with a little Koolada, menthol or mint.

IMO nicotine is also a flavor (and not all that bad of a flavor)

The nicotine taste also influences any flavor you would add to it. So % of nicotine can make a difference in how a formula tastes.

Finding a juice that suits seems to be a big issue for a successful switch from analogs.
    40 year smoker here, like cigars and pipe too, so no flavors for me. Just give me something that tastes like tobacco. I went thru a dozen flavors, some horrible, some just okay, finally found the right mix from these guys: Best Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com
    Nice thing about these guys is they will send you a 6ml sample with each order for $2 so you can try various flavors without investing in a big bottle of something you don't like. I am mixing their RED LUCK and TURKISH BLEND for a flavor that works for me - very tobacco taste. I started out with 18mg nic, now mixing some 12 and 18 together, may cut back further as time goes on. Successful conversion from tobacco cigs.

I have also found various clearos taste different with the same juice. Some burn hotter, have differing air flow which affects taste. It took a while for me to find something consistently satisfying.

For a menthol smoker it seems the 'ice' menthols are popular. You might try as was posted, start with a tobacco flavor and mix with a cool menthol juice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread