Anyone planning to stop vaping eventually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
I have no plans to stop vaping but my wife is trying to talk me into it. In 2015 our health insurance company is going to start charging an additional $110 a month for users of electronic cigarettes as well as smokers. They're lumping us in with the smokers.

She wants us to quit vaping (she vapes too) so we can avoid the increase but I'm steadfast against it. I can't quit just because somebody says I should. Nor do I want to.

Unfortunately, I'll be adding $110 per month to next years' budget. It sucks but I'm not bowing down to them.

a couple weeks off will save you/wife a ton of cash, with a little white lie.My answer is to lie lie and when you wake up lie again.At least that is my choice.At present the way they test is not tough, no idea about next year.

COGamerGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs
Everyone asks me this especially because I switched to zero nic within 2 weeks of stopping analogs.

It has become about so much more for me than quitting smoking.

It's fun, I have made a few converts at work (3 and hoping for more when they are ready) and it's kind of cool being the only female in the group of vapers at work but being the one everyone brings their gear to for troubleshooting problems lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
I smoked Marlboro Reds for 30+ years. Got myself into vaping and quit cig's all together. I do not plan on quitting Vaping because unlike cig's I enjoy vaping. Vaping to me is not something I'm addicted to, Cig's was a different story. I had to have cig's all during the day every day/night. Vaping I can go days without using. But as a norm I usually at least vape a few hours a day.

Seanchai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
I have vague aspirations to get down to 0 nic, but no plans to quit vaping. It's fun, it's relaxing, it can be one of the cheaper hobbies out there once you find equipment you like... there are much worse/more expensive things I could do with my time, so I refuse to stress myself out with any long term plans. I got into vaping with plans to get down to 0 nic "someday" but even dropping my nic has happened more incidentally then out of any specific time limit I've set for myself, and I like it that way.

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
My girlfriends mother asks me this every day.

"So when you stopping those e cig things?"

I... Honestly don't see one good reason I have to. I have finally quit smoking and found my first real hobby. I have invested time and money into this and see no reason I should stop. I suppose I get asked do to the mindset of "everything good must be bad Mkay". I started with a simple ego and have now begun to build my first mod. My end goal may be to design an original mod and market it. Who knows. Vaping is a huge part of my life that I don't plan on giving up :D

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
My girlfriends mother asks me this every day.

"So when you stopping those e cig things?"

I... Honestly don't see one good reason I have to. I have finally quit smoking and found my first real hobby. I have invested time and money into this and see no reason I should stop. I suppose I get asked do to the mindset of "everything good must be bad Mkay". I started with a simple ego and have now begun to build my first mod. My end goal may be to design an original mod and market it. Who knows. Vaping is a huge part of my life that I don't plan on giving up :D

my end goal was to have clean fingernails,no black lines- check( in six months check yours) better pure power-check.Better breathing o2 sensor-check (99+ from 97 something).Vapability inside the house-checkmate.Being a flavour queen as a guy- check mate(queen and loving it).Having nothing to discard from my habit-check.Feeling crazy enough to type this-check,ty.

ps- almost forgot this is no quit rant, love vaping will not quit

Last edited:

monikaedv

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Norge
I smoked Marlboro Reds for 30+ years. Got myself into vaping and quit cig's all together. I do not plan on quitting Vaping because unlike cig's I enjoy vaping. Vaping to me is not something I'm addicted to, Cig's was a different story. I had to have cig's all during the day every day/night. Vaping I can go days without using. But as a norm I usually at least vape a few hours a day.
Not addicted - that's cool. Haters always say you'll be just as addicted to vaping as smoking. I recently went 40 hours without vaping with no problem even if I was awake 30 of those hours and didn't do anything particular, just chilling and staying awake as long as I could. If I was a smoker in that situation I'd go crazy!

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Mainly because I'm still a slave to an addiction and yes, vaping is still an addiction. Reduced harm for sure, but I still have to put the effort into making it possible. I only vape where I used to smoke (not in the house, not around the kids, not in confined spaces with people that don't smoke, etc.) so it's still a PITA. Not as much as smoking was but still a pain and some day I'd like to be free of the need to rush off an airplane, out of a meeting, pause a movie, etc to get my nic fix.

monikaedv

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Norge
Mainly because I'm still a slave to an addiction and yes, vaping is still an addiction. Reduced harm for sure, but I still have to put the effort into making it possible. I only vape where I used to smoke (not in the house, not around the kids, not in confined spaces with people that don't smoke, etc.) so it's still a PITA. Not as much as smoking was but still a pain and some day I'd like to be free of the need to rush off an airplane, out of a meeting, pause a movie, etc to get my nic fix.
(I had to google PITA :laugh:)
I see, very understandable. My brother-in-law vapes in addition to smoking just to be able to get more nic, to vape where he can't smoke!
BTW, I read this article saying that we don't get nic neither from smoking nor vaping: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dannyv45/5450-nicotine-what-exactly-part-2.html :confused:

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Vaping to me is not something I'm addicted to

This couldn't be further from the truth.

I've even encountered 0 nic vapers who can't quit, it is very much an addiction. You may not be addicted to nicotine anymore but it's an addiction in it's own right. If you really think it's not quit for a month, I guarantee after a few days and a little stress you'll be reaching for your pocket to grab that PV, I've seen it happen. No shame in being addicted to something, I'm addicted to vaping and god knows I'm addicted to coffee, but let's not down play this.

amolson

Verified Member
Jun 9, 2014
Reno, NV, USA
I have lots of 'bad habits' I have no plans on quitting. Eating carbs. Eating meat. Eating stuff with fat in it. Seasoning my food. Drinking stuff with caffeine in it. Playing video games. Playing computer games. I even occasionally play some video poker or throw a few bucks at one of the big multi-million dollar slot machines. Drinking the occasional adult beverage. Driving a car. Riding a motorcycle. Smoking an occasional pipe. And now vaping.

I don't 'need' to do any of those things. Am I going to permanently quit any of them? Probably not. Everything involves some risk, including doing nothing. Nicotine is one of those things that I enjoy and has relatively little risk. I see no reason whatsoever to quit.

Domkayfunimous

Jun 22, 2014
Ga
Analogs offered two choices, crap and menthol crap!

Seriously, I swapped analogs for an Evod kit to hopefully put smoking down, but after finding a whole new world, one in which flavor is endless, I doubt I will stop vaping soon.

It is a new world in every aspect, cool gear, unlimited juices to try, doing something that relaxes you, and last but not least, there are two ways in which you get your best thinking done...

Needless to say I didn't smoke in the house, but now, to vape (smoke) while on the crapper was/is a revelation in my thought process!

Maybe we, people that have a useless habit, are the week ones and need something, and if so, at least it's not illegal or immoral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread