Anyone planning to stop vaping eventually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
No.

Nor do I plan to stop drinking coffee, eating red meat, or consuming an occasional adult beverage. You see, like vaping, I enjoy these things. Might they entail a small risk of shorting my life? Indeed, that possibility exists, but that risk is nowhere comparable to smoking, which, after 36 years, was producing obviously deleterious effects on my health.

Last edited:

Fliehigh

May 6, 2014
Nova Scotia, Canada
It is funny you are asking that here, not becasue it is the e-cg forum but becasue I have been asked that at least 2 times a week for the last month by different people each time.

My answer to your question is 2 fold:

1) i started vaping becasue I was curious and stopped smoking 2 days later with no intention of quiting
2) i still can't picture myself doing nothing

So at this point I have no plans to stop but I bet it will be easier to stop vaping than it would have been to go directly from smoking to nothing.

monikaedv

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Norge
@Fliehigh: agreed (of course :D)
@Paradicio: I think the less things you're dependent of the better. We're already dependent of food which I often think is a drag, hehe
@Topwater Elvis: been thinking that too. If I no longer want TH I see no point (for me) in vaping. I doubt it will happen anytime soon though
@Sarin: It would probably be hard to create something equal to vaping indeed!

Last edited:

CabinetGuyScott

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit
customcabinetsbycasey.com
Nope, nada, no way in Hades, not even a consideration, over my dead cold fingers when I pass my 104th birthday, and not on glANTZ' life!

Not one scintilla of data that causes me sufficient concern for the thought to ever ever ever be considered.

Thanks for asking though :)

Last edited:

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
It is funny you are asking that here, not becasue it is the e-cg forum but becasue I have been asked that at least 2 times a week for the last month by different people each time.

My answer to your question is 2 fold:

1) i started vaping becasue I was curious and stopped smoking 2 days later with no intention of quiting
2) i still can't picture myself doing nothing

So at this point I have no plans to stop but I bet it will be easier to stop vaping than it would have been to go directly from smoking to nothing.

Its a lot easier to quit vaping than smoking,imo and test trial.I just don't want to quit vaping forever now, and will not be any time soon.I quit smoking by vaping and went to zero nic for six months and then went back to vaping 12ish for a while.Got curious(not that kinda curious, but there is nothing wrong with it) and decided to quit vaping on my going out night for a month.Was not a big issue, but of course went back to vaping for my joy.Reward vs harm had a lot to convince me and we all can tell ourselves stories but I am happy and love my choice.Its going to take the masses forever to grasp the not a ton of harm issue, if they even care.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I have no plans to stop vaping but my wife is trying to talk me into it. In 2015 our health insurance company is going to start charging an additional $110 a month for users of electronic cigarettes as well as smokers. They're lumping us in with the smokers.

She wants us to quit vaping (she vapes too) so we can avoid the increase but I'm steadfast against it. I can't quit just because somebody says I should. Nor do I want to.

Unfortunately, I'll be adding $110 per month to next years' budget. It sucks but I'm not bowing down to them.

monikaedv

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Norge
I have no plans to stop vaping but my wife is trying to talk me into it. In 2015 our health insurance company is going to start charging an additional $110 a month for users of electronic cigarettes as well as smokers. They're lumping us in with the smokers.
really??? that's rotten!

here in Norway selling nicotine (except nicorette products) is illegal, also buying nicotine from non EU countries is illegal. e-liquids would probably be extremely expensive here anyway, so it doesn't matter. I bought a really bad probably homemade 0 nic juice at a local shop and it cost 10 €!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread