• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

anyone tried the EGO yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
I have not tried the EGO, but I can tell you that ANY BB mod is going to be better than the stock 510 equipment. It looks like the advantage of the ego, is that you can just buy 1 $25 battery and use all your current 510 attys and carts with it.
I'm not sure about the charger situation though. The Ego batt is definitely not going to go into one of the "universal", usb, push-in type chargers, but it looks like it might screw into a threaded wall or usb charger. If anyone knows the answer to that one please post, I might pick up a single batt to see what it's about.

Now, if you were thinking about getting the whole starter kit...for that price, I would say just get a real mod, like a Chuck, SB, Xhaler, etc. The ego batt is bigger than stock (stock is about 180mAh, mega's are 280mAh, and the ego is 650mAh.), but a real mod is going to get you into a 3000mAh battery. My chuck will run 3-4 days between charges, I'm guessing SB, xhaler, etc are similar. With the 650mAh ego you are still going to go through 2-3 charges a day.

It's great to have the kind of freedom that a 3000mAh batt gives you. I used to have to carry extra batts and chargers with me if I went anywhere. Now I can grab my PV and a bottle of juice and head out for a day or two without even worrying about it.

Just my .02

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Yeah..I'm using an eGo and I freaking love it..
Yes you can use your current 510 atties and carts on it..even a 510 battery to 901 adapter to use cartomizers on it (though with the atty cone in place it really stiffens the draw)
it's very slightly longer than the 510 and about as big around as a AA battery...so to me in the hand it feels like a stubby cigar...I actually hold it to use the button with the side of my thumb, and wrap my index finger over the top of it like I'm holding a pencil...feels very comfortable and natural there..
The atty cone...besides just making it look streamlined changes the draw somewhat in that it stiffens the draw slightly, and traps the warm air so the air moving through is prewarmed..seems to improve flavor and vapor production slightly...as a bonus for me it also helps protect the connection point between battery and atty..I'm in a very physically demanding job and I've snapped a 510 at the connection before..cant do that here..
Battery life wise...in the kit you get the two..and I just ordered a spare atty cover so I had 2 complete units..and I rotate between 2 different flavors..and between the 2 I'm lasting all day...actually I'm recharging at night before bed before they're even done..it seems out of the box i topped em off and they lasted like 7 hours and after a full recharge like 10+ hours (in contrast a standard 510 was lasting me 1-2 hours)..
As for the charger situation, The charger from janty is a "fast" usb charger that puts out 420mA with a wall wart adapter that can do 500mA so it charges from dead in 2.5 hours..the TW version comes with a standard 510 mains charger and an adapter so it takes something like 6 hours...I have one of these JOYE510 USB Charger and just tried it on an eGo battery and it works just fine..so I guess it depends on your universal charger and how much shell there is on the charger before the connection really..I know thats why it won't fit the standard 510 charger and TW had to have a charging adapter (the post is too far inside the housing on a standard mains)..
So yeah for staying at standard 510 voltage in a sleek slim compact and comfortable design I think it's pretty much perfect..
For dripping a little less so..because the atty cover makes it pretty impossible to tailpipe..so you need to use the blank cart or add something like a T tip..but if you're using carts yeah getting closer to perfect...the addition of the tesla filter when janty gets that perfect even more so..
By the way this was my first ever janty purchase so I'm not just being a janty fanboy either..

honuhart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2009
cincinnati ohio
The ego is so easy. I can now leave the house with just these two batteries and juice. I started out with the 401 and 510 and always had to make sure all my batteries were charged, and all of my chargers were charged. Right now i am at almost 9 hrs on this one battery, life doesn't get any better than this in my e-cig world. haha I did have one battery totally die, and they are replacing it. If you have used a 510 and liked it, you will love the ego.

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
I have the tornado and love it. I also have several mods and this one is better IMHO!
The battery lasts much longer than the batteries on my xhaler, prodigy, gg slim or VP-1. I usually charge them every other day...not cause they went dead, but just because I wanted them fresh for the next day. I like it cause they are light and I can carry it in my pocket easily. I get a lot more vapor than a regular 510. I would highly recommend it to anyone. :)

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
I have the Tornado which is the same one and yeah it rocks.

If I had it to do over again I think I would have bought a 5 pack of batteries and 2 or 3 cones and a couple of the cheap $4 charger adaptors to use with my existing 510 chargers instead of the starter kit.

With the 5 pack discount and TW's discount code batteries are less than $16 a pop. 8-o

Last edited:

PaulCincy

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Cincinnati OH
Hello Everyone,
My very first post....Tomorrow will be two weeks without analogs...Purchased an Ego and the day I received it, I have not had another cig....Started vaping on 02/11/10...
I can't compare the Ego with others, because it is my first and only PV.....Did buy an extra battery, just in case...have three now..Only problem is that Janty it seems is always out of supplies...Had to wait three weeks for the Ego...paid $79.00 for the kit...(special at the time)... Well, hope to hear from you all....Take care....
PAULCINCY.....

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Hey PaulCincy, welcome to the forum!! and the ohio group!
Congrats on your two weeks. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe the eGo battery is the same as the Tornado (sold by TotallyWicked US for 2-3 bucks cheaper) and I think the attys are just standard 510's (sold by everybody and their dog :p), so you shouldn't have much trouble finding parts.

guitarman023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Marietta, Ohio
I've got the TW tornado, and I love it. One battery lasts me damn near all day. The only thing I didn't like was the platinum finish, it started flaking off a few weeks after I got it, so I chucked it in my drill and sanded it off, leaving the brushed stainless steel behind, and with a stainless T tip, it's a thing of beauty :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread