The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anyone try Oumier Wasp Nano ?

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Robbert, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cigatron

cigatron Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    My mind said Haku but my fingers typed Wasp. There's only one, the Wasp Nano.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. lupinehorror

lupinehorror bròn Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    got my nano a good while ago but only just got around to coiling it. it is a wee cracker. 0.45ohm something-or-other. unlikely pairing...wasp nano and a charon TS 218...

• Like Like x 3
  3. cigatron

May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    Twisted cores on that clapton?

• Like Like x 2
  4. lupinehorror

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    yeah...it's maybe just a wee bit too much metal for this build but it vapes great on a regulated mod...my mech squonkers not so much

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. cigatron

May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    Try a 26/36 SS316L, 3mm, 5 wrap, it's a stellar vape on a mech squonker. Nice quick ramp time and then very controllable heat for the rest of the pull.

Edited from 5/4 wrap to 5 wrap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. lupinehorror

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    duly noted. thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ben85

Ben85 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    I see a lot of these about atm. Think I need to give one of these suckers a go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. lupinehorror

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    small. simple. just works.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ben85

Ben85 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    Sounds like me...

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. lupinehorror

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    threw a 0.5ohm stainless steel clapton build in. rayon wick. sits rather nicely on my SMPL hybrid mech mod
    and here's the new build...not the greatest of photos...but it's vaping rather well...a bit less exotic...

• Like Like x 2
  11. lupinehorror

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    i wonder if there's another cap to fit the wasp nano. it's so small that my lips have a habit of covering the air flow holes.

12. Steamer861

Steamer861 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    This Cap fits $2.41 Replacement PC Tank for NarDA RDA Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping The Air Flow holes are a bit smaller, but can be enlarged fairly easy :)
    I use a Drip tip on my wasp cap, not for the air flow but to get my lips a bit further away from the coil.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. lupinehorror

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    • Like Like x 3
  14. lupinehorror

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. cigatron

May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    I run a 510 dt on my wasp as well. In the beginning I used it to reduce spitback and excessive heat but once I found the best build and power level the dt was no longer necessary. I still use a 510 dt but now it's for a different reason, flavor. Not that the Wasp needs help with flavor but the 510 dt does seem to add a tiny bit.

• Like Like x 3
  16. janne303

janne303 Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2014
    Sweden
    My third wasp is on its way... Just arrived here in Sweden from FT :)

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Violetti Usva

Violetti Usva Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2017
    Mine arrived earlier today and after a LOT of playing around I've got it tasting nice. Definitely disappointed by it though - doesn't come close to the flavour of my reload (clone) although it is infinitely easier to build on. I guess I just wanted to see if anything could beat the flavour and feel of my reload really. Think I'll wait a few months before I try anything else, no matter how much the VV Phobia is calling out to me!

The cotton that came with it felt amazing - I kept thinking to myself "how is this so soft?" and "wait, why isn't any of the other cotton I've used anywhere near this soft?" but eventually realised that it's so soft and fluffy that it isn't actually that good for making a wick, to me at least. It kept tearing, lacked homogeneity, led to hotspots when firing and made the spitback problem even worse.

18. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2014
    WV, USA
    You need the Wasp Nano. I'm considering even looking at the new smaller version called the Demon Killer, it's a 14 mm diameter though. Not sure I can manage having patience to build on it. Wasp Nano though? I'm buying a second one, a brass one for on the brass CopperVape.

My overall take away from using one, good performance both cloud and flavor wise. If you are at least half way decent in building it doesn't take much to find the sweet build for it. Hint it's the general 'standard' sweet build we've seemed to agree on elsewhere. I find it handles Claptons well but cannot suggest using over 28 awg core and 30 awg wrap. gotta go smaller on both to be effective and actually fit. Might get by with say a Fused w/ 24/6 awg core/s, not sure what wrap possibly 40 awg?

Side point 40 awg causes me grief. The stuff is like silk threads and snaps way to easily.

19. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Love my wasp set on top of my V3 inbox with 5 wrap Clapton(26*26*32) 0.52 3.5mm i.d.
    Flavor,flavor,flavor. Very nice little RSA.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ionori

Ionori Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2017
    I'm thinking of buying one, but I can't decide what model to get. Has anybody compared the performance of the different caps and bases? I expect the different caps will have different thermal conductivity, and the bases are likely to have different electrical resistance (presumably the painted ones having the highest resistance and the gold plated one having the lowest).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.