The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anyone try the 36mg strength maxxfusion cartomizers yet?

Discussion in 'Bloog' started by ditc, Mar 28, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ditc

ditc Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    I just got mine in (RY4 flavor) and the first few i've tried have a gross plasticky taste. i thought perhaps this was due to underfilled cartomizers, so i tried to fill them up with another vendor's ry4, and they only took a couple of drips, so it's not an underfilling problem. even after filling them with a few drops of other juice, still got the gross plastic taste. just to note, i have a bunch of maxxfusion ry4 24mg strength cartos, and they haven't had this gross plastic taste. bad batch maybe? or something else? anyone else that's tried the 36mg, let me know your thoughts! thanks ;)

2. starsong

starsong Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    SoCal
    That would be way too strong for me. Think I read that flavor changes as the nic level rises -- like to make room for more nic, there is less room to add the flavoring. But I've only had 11 & 16 of any of theirs, and 18 in the riv4l's, nothing any higher.

3. leaford

leaford Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Could you be tasting the nicotine? Nicotine does have a flavor. I would describe it as chemically and slightly bitter. That's why I only vape some flavors in low strengths, fruit flavors especially.

4. ditc

Mar 9, 2009
    hey leaford, it's definitely not the nicotine. i pretty much only use 36mg strength, when that strength is available, and i'm aware that sometimes there is a slight bitterness, or less flavor, but this is a different taste altogether. just as a reference point, i was able to find one of the 36mg cartos in the blister pack that does taste normal, so i know it's not the nicotine. as well, this plasticky taste i was referring to is a similar taste that i've experienced with other cartos in the past when something is awry. so i'm just wondering if perhaps i got a faulty batch, or if anyone else has noticed this.

5. leaford

Then yeah, sounds like they are bad cartos. Return them for replacement.

6. starsong

starsong Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    SoCal
    It is feasible to add a lot number, or 'use by' date or something on cartos? I see a production andl/or use by date on bottle of juice, but nothing like that on these or other brand cartos box. Might help if there's a bad batch or if some have just gone past their best use dates.

7. xoYOmamaox

xoYOmamaox Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2011
    NORTH CAROLINA
    i did not think they took cartos back not sure ????

8. xoYOmamaox

xoYOmamaox Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2011
    NORTH CAROLINA
    o and yea i get a carto sometimes that has a burnt tast usually just trash it and go on to the next one. I think when the juice comes out from bloog and they keep blanks instock it will get better as far as $ spent on everything i know that i use old ry4 cartos for my juice and have had great luck with them tasting good so far.

9. ditc

Mar 9, 2009
    i know what you're saying. but i think they should be able to return cartos in instances like you mentioned (burnt taste), because as far as i'm concerned, a burnt/off-tasting carto from the beginning, should be considered a D.O.A. product, seeing as how it's unuseable.

10. leaford

Generally no, and definitly not if you just don't like the flavor, or other subjective reason. But we are still having some quality issues that have been difficult to nail down, so we are being more lenient for those situations.

11. leaford

Exactly. Those are unacceptable, and I am trying my damndest to solve that. And in the meantime, we will take the hit.

12. ditc

Mar 9, 2009
    Can always count on you Leaford! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.