Anyone using an M602?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
the charger will blink blue rapidly when the batt is done charging (about 45 mins it takes). Your batt will light up even when it needs a charge, but only to blink 8-10 times to tell you it needs a charge.

Lesson I learned: don't use thick e-liquids or thin thick liquids down. also wait 10 secs between puffs when using the manual batts.

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
I'm curious... are the 401/2/3 and 601/2 batteries and att threads the same? I'm looking for a way to use an adaptor with an existing PCC to charge my beloved 602 while on the go.

401 attys are female with male 401 batts while the 601 attys are male with female 601 batt.

I'm pretty sure the 601 atty is the same or near-identical to the M301 atty--will know definitely once my order of M301 arrives in a few days.

The M60x family's an interesting one in being somewhat of gene splice of the M40x and the 510 AND the 808 due to the M602C.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
The M301 and M60x are totally different. The M301 is based on the 510 but will not fit the 510 (super weird!).

I am very surprised that the M60x series is not more popular than it is on ECF. I honestly like this model much more than the 510s, although i am using the 510 now on my Maxx. But this is for the larger battery and novelty factor. I love the LED ring band on my Maxx instead of the tip glowing.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
The M301 and M60x are totally different. The M301 is based on the 510 but will not fit the 510 (super weird!).

I thought the M301 was a "sleeved" version of the M60x atty, where the atty in the M301 is recessed in a can (like the 510) and the M60x is exposed (like the M40x). I think they they use the same threading.

So... the same atty but in different packages. [edit: like kemuri said below]

I am very surprised that the M60x series is not more popular than it is on ECF. I honestly like this model much more than the 510s, although i am using the 510 now on my Maxx. But this is for the larger battery and novelty factor. I love the LED ring band on my Maxx instead of the tip glowing.

Oh... the Maxx looks like Smoores take on an eGo/Riva/Tornado... didn't know about that one.

Last edited:

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
The M301 and M60x are totally different

Totally? Hmmm.

I have an M301 atty and am vaping it. I also have an M601 atty. They are essentially the same atty with the exception that the M301 is sleeved but share the same low, very wide bridge that's almost dome-shaped.

For instance, If you were to remove the metal sleeve from an M301 atty and slip it over the exposed atty of an 601, you'll find that it's near identical.

To throw one more curve ball, the M601XL Ultra is an M301 though it's been brilliantly rebranded by electronic-cigz as part of their M601 and M601 XL brands.

Both the M301 and the M601 atty can be used for dripping. With the M601 simply cut off about 1/8" from the top of the mouthpiece to form a hollow tube.

You can also use the tube from a dead M601 battery, cut to proper size (use the 301 atty as a guideline), slip the cut tube over the M601 atty and use an M301 cartridge on the M601 atty. Or slip a drip tip on it (the tube sleeve) and vape away.

The M601/301 attys are quite flavorful, though not quite to the extent of an 401. But close means it gets lots of cigars.

Last edited:

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I just got an M601 and an M601XL atomizer from electronic cigz, as well as the 510 adapter and I am really like them. I can confirm that the M601XL is very much like a 510 in it's construction. Thanks Kemuri for clearing up the differences between the M301 and M601.

Using the 510 adapter with an M60x atty on my eGo is fast becoming my favorite vape.

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
Using the 510 adapter with an M60x atty on my eGo is fast becoming my favorite vape.

It's funny, I'm vaping almost the same setup as you right now, though I'm using the Hello 016 battery, a 3.7v device which has NOT been regulated down to about 3.2v unlike the eGo/Maxx/Riva trio.

sheep, do you find using the eGo on the M600 atty pretty much simulates using the M600 series battery as far as tastiness and warmth goes? The eGo battery itself will last longer but that's not what I'm wondering about, it's more about flavor. Reason I ask is because I think Smoore batteries are regulated down to about 3.2v as well, and that may be the "sweet spot" for the M400's and the M600's/301.

I will be finding out if the "experience" using an M601 batt is duplicated on another 3.2v battery using once my Maxx kit arrives from absolutelyecigs in about a week.

Cheers to electronic-cigs.com for the way they packaged the 510-to-M601 adapter along with the M600 atomizers. They did us Smoore fans a huge favor. And I find their (electronic-cigs) XL M400 cartridge is really decent and does take in about 2 more drops than the standard issue M400 cartridge. I am warming up to that Canadian company.

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I tried an m601 (automatic) as opposed to a manual m602. The automatic feature on the m601 series is much less reliable than that on an m401 series automatic. I also found flavor to be better on an m401 series than on an m601 (same as an m602 other than being an automatic). I've also tried the m601XL version of an m601, which is supposedly what an m301 apparently is, just named differently (though I'm not 100% sure about that). I found no significant difference between an m601 and an m601XL (which has a sleeved atomizer), other than the cartridge being higher capacity (longer), and the m601XL cartridges also tend to fall off the atomizer rather too easily, plus the m601XL atomizer is less drip friendly due to the sleeved design.

The m601 PCC battery slots are cut to allow for an m602's manually battery switch, so no problem there, but the m601XL sized box has spare cartridge holes that don't allow you to store an assembled XL atomizer/cartridge unit, which is kind of lame in my opinion. Otherwise the PCC box is very much like an m401 series PCC box, other than the charger thread and hole sizes.

The m601/m602 series (XL configurations included) produces very nice volumes of vapor, better than an m401 series, but flavor delivery is noticeably less, which tends to get dissatisfying very quickly. Despite that, since I have the gear, I do use my m601 stuff at home sometimes, but only at home. The m601's automatic feature is so sensitive that it will run constantly in any sort of loud or high frequency vibration environment, such as a night club or in your car driving down the freeway. I've had no problem in that regard with my m402s. The Canadian supplier I used (with very long ship times) was unwilling to take my most overly sensitive m601 battery back. Instead they tried selling me on buying m602 batteries instead, and even a new charger because they said the m601 PCC would not work for an m602! I don't know why they would say that, but they clearly have problems with customer service and also with how they list all their e-cigarette product info at their website. Some information is just plain wrong, or missing key important points. I can't recommend electroniccigz.com as a supplier, and I am only aware of one other supplier in North America (can't remember the name right now) that has much in the way of m601/m602 e-cigarettes and gear.

On the other hand, as a side note, electronic-cigz.com does have Pyramid Tea Bag (PTB) pre-modified refill cartridges (factory e-liquid filled or blank) available for both the m601 and m401 series e-cigarettes, and I do like those cartridges a lot (though they are not quite the innovation equivalent of sliced bread). No one else I know of anywhere (at least on this continent) has those cartridges available, so I guess that is one check mark in electronic-cigz.com's favor. I've never had any problems with their m401 series PTB modified cartridges, which they also have in extra long (XL) size for that model. Those m401 XL cartridges fit just fine on a regular atomizer, no special sleeved atomizer required as is necessary with the m601s (which they don't bother to tell about you on their website).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread