Anything inexpensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan diy

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2017
Hi all, grateful to be here...
I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas..i need a suggestion for an internal bat. mod ...but something inexpensive yet quite ok and decent something with a long lasting battery .. doesnt have to go above 60-75 w..its just that i need a few... (thats why i prefer not to expensive)
Would appreciate any advice.
Thx

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
basically all non removable batteries are LiPo so yes. My first instinct is simply to point you at FT. The problem there is youre not unlikely to wind up with a substandard device and sub standard LiPos are BAD. The reason LiPos are always internal is theyre just not all that safe to handle. Theyve got the highest reactivity of all the common battery chemistries. Theyre cheap and they can be made in just about any shape so theyre almost always what is inside non removable battery mods.
Youve got two factors to deal with: high quality battery manufacture, and effective electronic safeties. Lack of either can get pyrotechnic, so You kind of want both.
Unfortunately the well known manufacturer devices simply arent that cheap. I could point you at say, a tarot nano, which is a well regarded LiPo device that would fit your needs, but it sounds like you want to buy a mess of them and that could get pricey fast.
On the othere e3nd, FT has what they claim are eleaf 1050 minis for $12. Are they safe? I dunno. I kinda doubt it.
I vaguely remember you starting a vape shop in the mid east somewhere (might not have been you) are these for testers? If so, the cheapo way might work. You will be dealing withy devices of unknown safety, but you could do something like keep each in a separate lexan box with an extinguisher system nearby when recharging after close. The problem at that point is price/performance and loss prevention, rather than "i keep this thing in my hip pocket next to my very first favorite set of wedding tackle"

• Useful
Reactions: Ethan diy

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread