Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Now - First "You" got to realize that this is coming from a "Tootle Puffer" who is using a 2.0 oHm coil and not sub-ohming in any way, shape, or form . . . Also, I have been using a "normal" 510 Pyrex Drip Tip for both the Apex and the iSub G, instead of the Wide Bore Drip Tips that come with these tanks . . . Given this, as far as I can tell, there is a slight difference for "Me" . . . With the Apex the "Airflow" control is smaller and is actually controlled using the drip tip and with the iSub G it is much larger at the bottom of the tank and is control by turning the "valve" . . . As such, the Apex is a little more difficult to see the "Airflow" controller & use compared to the iSub G . . . However, once I have set them up to "My" preferences, they both provide "Me" with enough "Airflow" and definitely the FLAVOR to satisfy "My" needs . . . BTW: Really like to Top fill of the Apex, so very easy . . . Hope this information is helpful and I am sure there will be others here soon to give Ya' their opinions too . . . :D

EDIT: Oh, Ya' might want to also check out the review I did, it has more information about the Apex there that may be interesting too . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Last edited:

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
I have both and find the Apex slightly more airy.
Only "slightly" though and that can be compensated with the airflow control.
I do believe that the "Prism" system works, as the flavor seems more pronounced. Could just be my imagination though.
The top fill is easier than the Isub G, but on the downside, it's more difficult to see the juice level in the tank.
I like both tanks.

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
With the Apex the "Airflow" control is smaller and is actually controlled using the drip tip and with the iSub G it is much larger at the bottom of the tank and is control by turning the "valve" . . . As such, the Apex is a little more difficult to see the "Airflow" controller & use compared to the iSub G . . .

I am a bit confused. Are you saying that you don't use the main top air flow and are only using the drip tip air flow?

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I also have both, and I love them equally. I have them both set for the perfect air flow for me, but the Apex does have a more customizable design than the G. I do not use the drip tip air flow because it's very strange to feel air being drawn in on my lip as I inhale and, in fact, the new Apex 2 does not have that feature. Overall, I think the top fill design is what would push me toward the Apex if I absolutely had to choose between the two, not the air flow design and, as Uncle said, you can change out the drip tip to get a tighter draw if you don't like wide bore. I actually love the wide bore tips but I have a regular-sized silicone tip on the G tank. I just opened the air flow more to accommodate it. :)

Reactions: Uncle

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Thanks for the info guys. I am really liking the look of the new Apex 5ml in black. it has a much larger window to see your juice. I think I'll pick one up when they are available.

I love the new design (in theory, because I don't own one yet) and based on the performance of the Apex, I will also be picking up the 5 ml tank when it becomes available. :)

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
I love the airflow of the G Tank so if the Apex is slightly better I will be very happy. Maybe it's just me but I like the airflow and flavor of my G Tank even more than my Crown Tank. I am curious to see what the iSub S is all about. From what little I have heard it is closer to the G Tank with the added benefit of top fill. There may be more to it but we will have to wait and see. Hopefully not too long.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I love the airflow of the G Tank so if the Apex is slightly better I will be very happy. Maybe it's just me but I like the airflow and flavor of my G Tank even more than my Crown Tank. I am curious to see what the iSub S is all about. From what little I have heard it is closer to the G Tank with the added benefit of top fill. There may be more to it but we will have to wait and see. Hopefully not too long.

Yes, that tank sounds amazing! Innokin has so many amazing products coming out right now. I need to win the lottery or something so I can try them all out! :D

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I am a bit confused. Are you saying that you don't use the main top air flow and are only using the drip tip air flow?

EDIT: Please disregard this post and see post below why . . . Just Sayin' . . .:facepalm:

Okay . . . With the iSub G - the "Airflow" control is on the bottom of the tank . . .

YLxbT38.jpg

While with the Apex the "Airflow" control is directly under the Drip Tip and also uses the Drip Tip to allow more Air to Flow as "You" take a "Drag" . . .

4ihy0aH.jpg

More information and pictures - Where "You" can see the Apex Drip tips w/holes and how they assist controlling the Apex "Airflow" too . . . Can be found in this post here:

Now what "You" also need to know, as a "Tootle Puffer" I not only look to get a little tighter draw for more of a MTL hit of vapor as though I was smoking a cigarette - I also try to limit the amount of vapor I am inhaling, since most of the time the more vapor I take in all at once, can at times mean more breathing problems for "Me" . . . So I really appreciate the "Airflow" to assist achieving the right balance of FLAVOR I NEED depending on what "E-Liquid" I may be vaping at the time too . . .;)

Hope that explains it better . . . :D

Last edited:

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
@Uncle
That big hole below the iSub logo on the Apex is the Air Flow Control. It is adjustable just like the AFC on the bottom of the iSub G. The little slot on the drip tip is just a secondary air flow control used to cool the vape down. You can close the main AFC in order to get a tighter draw for mouth to lung hits.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@louiesquared . . .

Well, to be honest, I thought so too at first and tried "My" damnedest to adjust that too . . . However, after trying for over a half hour, I finally found out that area below the Apex Logo is actually part of the Pyrex tank and cannot be closed off since it already is . . . Matter of fact, if "You" take something and try to poke though it will just hit the pyrex glass . . . So - It is more of a Window into the tank itself . . . The "Airflow" Control is where I mentioned and works with the Drip Tip to adjust how much air is let in as "You" are vaping . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

EDIT: Please disregard ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ the above and see post below why . . . Just Sayin' . . .:facepalm:

Last edited:

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
I've seen many YouTube video reviews for this tank. Maybe yours is stuck but the two large holes are absolutely the Air Flow Control and it is adjustable just like the iSub and iSub G. You can see it is half way closed in this picture.

Attachments

• INNOKIN ISUB APEX - Outlet della Sigaretta Elettronica.jpg
    INNOKIN ISUB APEX - Outlet della Sigaretta Elettronica.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 15

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I've seen many YouTube video reviews for this tank. Maybe yours is stuck but the two large holes are absolutely the Air Flow Control and it is adjustable just like the iSub and iSub G. You can see it is half way closed in this picture.

Okay - Even though it will be a moot point with the new design of the Apex , can you provide a link to one of these videos then, because I am at a loss here if that is the case.

There is nothing that happens, no matter what I do to adjust that "window" as the "Airflow" control . . . Turning the top area only opens the top fill holes on the Apex I am using . . .

EDIT:
What fingers and lack of grip won't do - a pair of Plyers and a little extra leverage will . . .
blush.gif

AND - Honestly, I did not see any videos that showed this - nor read anything about this in the instructions in the Innokin "Quick Start Guide" either, before I actually tried the Apex and was only going on "My" experience of working with this tank for over 4 weeks before writing up anything . . . :facepalm:

NOW - I'm gonna have to reset, not only "My" brain - but update "My" review of the Apex Tank . . .
boy-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hey - I may still be an Old Curmudgeon, but this "Old Dog" can learn something new to him when he is shown/told how to do it . . .
troubled-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Oregon Linda

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
@Uncle I am glad you got it to work. You should be able to get a much better Mouth to Lung hit with the airflow closed down. (I assume, since I don't have an Apex tank)

I use the 2.0 coils in a regular iSub when I want to vape some RY4. It works really well and the flavor is amazing.

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@louiesquared . . . NO -
thankyou.gif

Yes - While I was satisfied with the Apex Airflow as it was, this is really going to change things up I'm sure . . . Now to play with the Apex some more and see what happens . . . Until then I just posted something in the Apex review thread that I hope people will see - here: Innokin iSub Apex Tank For "Tootle Puffers" . . . .

Reactions: Oregon Linda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread