Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2015
Croatia
Thanx to Q and Hildicat, I just ordered a XTR.

Now I have a few days to figure out whether to put it on a REO or nickel it up and put it on a rDNA40??

Decisions, Decisions

My Apollo sits perfectly on VS rDNA40. Altho i'm a flavor chaser, don't see why wouldnt you go for rDNA with XTR aswell. Imo, this rda is made for Nickel builds

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I have to agree. Tried the Xtr cap and the only thing I could imagine it being used for might be blowing obnoxious clouds, plus it can leak like crazy. If it's not too late you may want to add a standard cap to your order. I don't think they're terribly expensive on their own. That way you can try them both. I will add that using the Xtr cap, even with the AFC closed way down doesn't produce nearly the flavor and smooth warmth of the standard cap.

Reactions: qorax

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
If you try it on a Reo make sure you place an o ring in the catch cup that is fat enough to seal the air/juice path, otherwise you will end up with a leaky mess. The beauty of this is that even if the base of the atty is fully torqued down you can adjust the ss cup until it makes connection with the 510. Of course you lose bottom airflow, but I've not missed it at all. My favorite build for the reo is dual coil, net resistance of around 0.4. Stock airflow wide open, and the coils just lifted over the edge of the ss cup.

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
Thanx for the help guys!!

XTR will be here today. Think I'll build with a single ni200 and put it on a VS rDNA40.

Hildicat, I was too late to get the standard cap but if I like the XTR I'll just order another with the standard cap. Also when you build duals do you build them on board?? Not many build videos for this one. Thanx!!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Thanx for the help guys!!

XTR will be here today. Think I'll build with a single ni200 and put it on a VS rDNA40.

Hildicat, I was too late to get the standard cap but if I like the XTR I'll just order another with the standard cap. Also when you build duals do you build them on board?? Not many build videos for this one. Thanx!!

Building microcoils 'on board' wouldn't be possible. I make the coils seperately and then mount them in, as shown in the OP.

Parallel 32 gauge 6 wraps, 2 mm id, .6 ohm. hits like a champ. One side is over wrapped and I didn't notice before it was too late.

02873f67f89f5a6f36cc1e46d192116c.jpg

Would this be a good choice for a mechanical bf mod? I am waiting for a tmod from tbev and wonder if this atty would perform well on an unregulated device since using lower gauge wire is difficult.
I can fit 24 gauge nice and snug under the screws, I haven't tried 22 yet. I use my apollo on an unregulated box and a mech mod and I'm more than satisfied with the performance.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Would this be a good choice for a mechanical bf mod? I am waiting for a tmod from tbev and wonder if this atty would perform well on an unregulated device since using lower gauge wire is difficult.

I use these on all of my BF mech mods. Dual coil, 26g Nichrome 80, 8 or 9 wraps each depending on juice. Comes out to roughly 0.3~0.45 ohms, and they work perfectly for me on my Reos and Dibi mods. 12 wraps each of the same wire on my regulated squonker is gorgeous at around 35 watts.

Reactions: freedogg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread