c537d78904dc23c684cc14dea595bdd2.jpg

Miss Molly....

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
I've had the Apollo XTR for a few days now and must agree with Q and Hildicat that it is my favorite rda. And I have a lot of rda's!! I built it with a ni200 coil and have been using it on a VS rDNA40 so I haven't tried the bottom feed option. Guess I'll have to buy another and this time I will get the standard not the XTR so I can compare the two.

Then my buddy Q posts the Calix review.

Now I do like a good tank. I have several and use KF lites, KF v4 and Erlk's daily. Do I need a Calix....probably not but it looks really nice, same build deck/cup as the Apollo, looks like it would work good with the same ni200 build I have in the Apollo, I like the adjustable juice control and it's made by byLeo.

Like I said in an earlier post....Dammit Q!!

Reactions: qorax

Fyla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2015
Croatia
Q and Hildicat....I'm going to order the standard Apollo and Calix today. I'm going to get a spare glass for the Calix. Is there anything else I should get while I'm at it?? Thanx!! (I think!!)
Not that i am Q or H, but if you r ordering standard Apollo and would like to use bottom AFC, get yourself a adjustible pin with screw and airless ring. I'm using Apollo this way and loving it

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Q and Hildicat....I'm going to order the standard Apollo and Calix today. I'm going to get a spare glass for the Calix. Is there anything else I should get while I'm at it?? Thanx!! (I think!!)

^ What Fyla said ~ and if you fancy it grab the SS tank as well

Reactions: freedogg

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
Fyla....thanx for your reply!! I would not have gotten those without your help! BTW the XTR with twisted 30ga ni200 is working beautifully. I'm thinking it will work just as well in the Calix.

Q....I have never gotten used to a solid tank that I can't see the liquid. Just weird I guess!!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Fyla....thanx for your reply!! I would not have gotten those without your help! BTW the XTR with twisted 30ga ni200 is working beautifully. I'm thinking it will work just as well in the Calix.

Q....I have never gotten used to a solid tank that I can't see the liquid. Just weird I guess!!

Me too. But that SS tank works as a standby, just in case. And with glass tanks you know what the odds are ;)

Reactions: freedogg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Calix TP Setup
Note: Calix is the RTA mode of Apollo. Both "By Leo" products - involving the same deck.

This post is dedicated to my buddy @TheotherSteveS :)

1. CALIX WASHED & LAYOUT FOR ACTION:
25a5443.jpg

2. CALIX COIL LEGS ATTACHED:
2s0d1c4.jpg

NOTE: Make a "U" shape at one of the wire ends and place it under a/ny terminal screw from the "top". I did this b'coz the other end of the wire, which'd be wrapped into a coil, would come out from underneath. and it'd run across the rebuilding cup and get trapped again from underneath the other terminal screw.

3. CALIX COIL & WICK:
103ackl.jpg

NOTE: The coil has been placed in an angle across the rebuilding cup. Not straight. This helps in reducing the coil leg lengths, thus there's no unnecessary addition of resistance. Which is especially important in a TP build.

4. CALIX FEED PORT PLACEMENT:
34gr2ie.jpg

NOTE: This time around I've used the "non-restrictive" method of feeding the deck. It is the "dripper mode" of the Calix ~ wherein juice is having a "free flow". Which'd avoid any hints of a dry out. This is important in a TP build since we need the wick to be well saturated every time. The draw must be over a moist wick & coil ~ Else TP would set in early.

5. CALIX TP RESISTANCE CHECK:
16bh8o3.jpg

6. CALIX TP VAPE SELFIE1:
34e9veo.jpg

7. CALIX TP VAPE SELFIE2:
vilits.jpg

8. CALIX TP VAPE SELFIE3:
2yltlw4.jpg

BOTTOMLINE:
Keep the wicks well saturated before every draw. I've kept the JC "over one" turn open, around 400 degrees. If we keep the JC to 3/4th open, as we'd do on a Kanthal build ~ TP would set in early. Yes, I've tried it. Keep it moist - and the vape is purrrrfect!

CONCLUSION:
I've no issues with my Calix on TP mode. It's pretty airy even with the AFC screw placed (but opened all the way). The last pic (Vape Selfie3) is with the top AFC (adapter+driptip combo) fully open. Usually (till Vape Selfie2) I am keeping the top AFC restricted to 1/3rd open. and it vapes well, aka better flavor. Overall, the Calix is a surefire winner even with TP mode.

Ps.: This entire setup has been recorded on video, which I will be uploading tonight.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread